Bad crash after rapid detox

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Bad crash after rapid detox

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:08 pm

cheeps wrote:What's going on?

It's my girlfriend she loses her mind strait meltdown. Something new is evil every day. Today she smashed some moldivite worth about a grand. :( she seemed to be a bit better but she had a bad crash and said she had an exorcism or a divine experience and wanted to get off the subs. She took a crash many times. She thinks she is going to die if she falls asleep. I have been a mess trying to care for her. Took her to the ER and begged them to help her. They turned her away and only offered her more subs but she refuses. Is she hurting herself?
Over10yrsOn

Re: Family needs help

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:10 pm

I could go on and on about the last 2 months of strait hell I have been living. From 6mg to 1mg in 2 months....

My Girlfriend of 23 years has been on subs nearly 12 years. She decided to rapid taper all hell broke loose. Spying everyone hates her she's dying she has burning inside she gets very confused but feels the subs are evil. Went from 6mg to 1mg in 2 months. She tried jumping at two but I made her take some. She was with it and seems to go crazy when she takes it and clears up for a short while when it's farthest from when she doses. I'm confused but do I force her to take it. She can't focus can't read she doses twice a day .5mg instead of 1mg once a day.... no help from the hospital I wanted to admit her. If it was heroin they would have but they don't offer sub detox! This is hard I'm the permanent caretaker and can barely work without her telling me they stole her sole they stole her memories.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:
cheeps wrote:What's going on?

It's my girlfriend she loses her mind strait meltdown. Something new is evil every day. Today she smashed some moldivite worth about a grand. :( she seemed to be a bit better but she had a bad crash and said she had an exorcism or a divine experience and wanted to get off the subs. She took a crash many times. She thinks she is going to die if she falls asleep. I have been a mess trying to care for her. Took her to the ER and begged them to help her. They turned her away and only offered her more subs but she refuses. Is she hurting herself?

Tell me a little more....what was her last dose, when, any other drugs involved?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Her taper was too fast....you need to get her to understand that...she's much too agita,anxious, and sick to read for herself...but she needs to get back on the one mg once a day and stabilize for two weeks. Both of you need to learn how to taper this evil shit. Does she take an antidepressant?

I just read your other post in the other thread....stay in this one for now.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:21 pm

She was taking phentermine for 2 years and stopped over 4 months ago then started rapid taper. She became where the subs made her crazy when she took them. She has always split her doses in 2 parts. In morning and evening. She dropped everything fast even quit smoking cigs. She was dropping weekly until she crashed and then refused to take anything. It would take me a ton of convincing to get her to take some when she was in another dimension I guess is the only way to explain it. She thinks god talks to her or she hears voices when she is falling asleep or waking up. She thinks everyone is trying to hurt her. She was in the shower last week trying to jump from 1mg after only 3 days on it. She has been on 1 mg for 5 days with some clarity here and there then impending doom arrives. Sometimes she thinks I'm bad or I'm trying to steal her soul! No antidepressants or anything else
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:23 pm

She can't focus or read sometimes but sometimes she can. It does seem she has episodes right after she takes subs. I'm so confused
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Sub acts on kappa receptors....these have much to do with our emotional wellbeing. There are only a very small handful of detox/rehab places that can help. She's been on it a very long time and it does cause depression for many after longterm use. Of course the drug companies would lie to you about this...they NEVER did long term studies....now people are having big issues.

Many people have reported this behavior...not to say it's normal...but it's predictable. She needs to get back on and go very slowly to get off.we can help but you have to LEARN about it first. That's why we are here.

You have a very hard job...but you must convince her to stabilize....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:29 pm

She is 37 and 120lbs. Teenage she got into heroin and it's been the sub maintenance program ever since. The first crash 4 months ago she was in 6mg and also taking phentermine for 2 years. She came home and said she thinks she hurt her brain. That's when the hell ride started.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm

What dose is correct? I'm lost. I want to help her. This is so hard! They are prescribing this shit to everyone around here. I feel so bad for all the people who don't know what they are getting on. They offer no exit strategy here. Only lifetime maintenance. They lied to us and said this would be temporary when she started!
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:34 pm

I have experienced panic, anxiety, and depression when I felt being on opiates was my only option. I understand what she's going thru but I've never have had it as bad as those in this thread.

The thoughts she is having are the brain chemicals trying to adjust to what she is taking....but her brain CAN heal.but not the way she is tapering. It takes months to taper from 1-2 mgs.....it HAS to be very gradual. The brain chemicals and receptors can't adjust at the rate she's been going.

If she's been ok on one mg then make her take it every day...when she stabilizes then she has to learn about how to treat herself or this will just repeat and she will continue to cycle.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:38 pm

She may need to go up some then cause 1mg is messing her up. She had 1mg today and crashed twice. Strangely about an hour after her dose of .5 both times should she dose once? 1mg or 1.5 or even 2mg even?
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Tell her that you have found help and hope from a place that has helped people for many years. Tell her that she cannot heal her brain until she slows down and accepts that this drug can't be rushed off of.....I can tell she wants it badly and that's very very good....but it is a process that cannot be rushed.

We have a protocol for doing it and this process is what you have to learn, accept, and commit to.

It's hard to tell but many report that 2-4mgs a day is a stable dose. Each mg is equal to 30mgs of morphine...sub is that strong.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:42 pm

She's finally sleeping. She was freaking out so I made her run. I mean made her. I convinced her she needed to make natural endorphins by running then I tickel her head till she seemed groggy and she fell asleep. But she wakes easy so I'm trying not to make a peep. She might have 4 hours of sleep in 4 days. Been about an hour so far since she fell asleep...
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Ill try to get her to take another mg.
Over10yrsOn

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:51 pm

I should let her sleep I think? I'm not sure what's messing her up the lack of sleep or the dose.
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:She's finally sleeping. She was freaking out so I made her run. I mean made her. I convinced her she needed to make natural endorphins by running then I tickel her head till she seemed groggy and she fell asleep. But she wakes easy so I'm trying not to make a peep. She might have 4 hours of sleep in 4 days. Been about an hour so far since she fell asleep...

This does help, I'm glad you did it. Let her sleep as much as possible.

Somehow, someway she has to accept that she can't do this quickly. I feel for you man and hope she can get calmer. Sub has such a long half life but she dropped so rapidly she put herself into a tailspin. It may take 4-7 days before she stabilizes and only if she will commit to a steady dose.

We are not medical professionals at all and very few places know the issues users face. There is a detox center in Florida that you can get info from...of course they want to get her there but if you call them, they can tell you much more about this crap, much quicker....without her going. Since it's the weekend, the regular staff that SCREEN aren't there but you should call them Monday or sooner if you think. I think in this case it would be wise to seek real medical advice.

Google Summer House, in North Miami Beach. They have a decent website but you need to talk to them. I'll keep checking back from time to time. You may also use the PM feature as it sends me a email when you do.

Breathe man....she's in a world of pain and feels horrible...and I know you feel helpless.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:03 pm

God bless you for you fast help!
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm just very sorry you two have this to deal with....patience doesn't come easy for her....it's like her mind knows it's evil shit....

Welcome to SS....sorry you had to find us.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Over10yrsOn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:19 pm

But man am I ever glad I did! I'm going to call them I'm in NY upstate actually but i will give every cent I have to help her..
Over10yrsOn

Postby cheeps » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Over10yrsOn wrote:But man am I ever glad I did! I'm going to call them I'm in NY upstate actually but i will give every cent I have to help her..

The owner of this site used them years ago and I did also for help with my methadone detox. It's a very safe place and they do detox only....but they help you find resources in your area before you leave. They ain't cheap but they are far cheaper than some of the big name places....and the peeps that work there have been thru it too. I hope they can help you. Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean no one that knows what to do isn't there.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Crisis Forum