subless is gonna kick some ass!

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

subless is gonna kick some ass!

Postby Subless1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to this writing and airing my horror story but I figured what the hell I have no one else to to. Cry to. Basically I've had a problem with drugs since I was 10. Now, I know that sounds crazy but I am now 30 and still battling an addiction. :suicide: I'm afraid this Will b my ending story. Facts..I'm married with two beautiful girls but I have no family or friends now since being on sub with my husband now (mom passed when I was 10 and my dad is 3 hours away, alcoholic/addict as well and we have no real relationship.) I'm tired scared and ready to do almost anything to be back sober..(I was sober 5 year's after I met my now husband). He helped me stop doing the dope, which was any and everything I could get my hands on. I loved it all. Guess it was an escape. Crazy but true. Unfortunately he started taking opiates for pain and I started it up all over again. I hate myself now. Now we both are on zubsolv and I have tapered down to a half 5.4mg but I know how hard it is to quit. When I'm withdrawing I'm not myself. I do not want to do a Damn thing! I have no help with my girls and no support system. Feeling helpless but want to b. Better for my girls. Tonight has been a horrible night. We used to shoot sub for about 2 years and now my husband is having chest pains and neck pains!? I'm scared he is having some kind of heart failure. I do not work but he just changed jobs so he has no health insurance. Has anyone quit sub/zub after shooting and had bad issues or been able to be off this stuff and actually be ok??? I miss those happy five years sober when I was just happy to be alive. Now I basically wish for to not be here...I know it's the dope that has messed me up but I just need the support and I feel like I could make it but I literally have zero..
Subless1

Re: What are the physical consequences of long-term sub use?

Postby Subless1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:09 am

Ok so from my experience they make you feel and act zombie like, hair loss, no appetite, dry mouth, motivation =none, insomnia, brain fog, and zero sex drive...long term effects seem to be complete lame brain activities..in like it's just on vacation. Zero emotions. Seems to make you secluded and go into hermit mode. Horrible anxiety for no reason and sometimes your angry :deadhorse: or sad for no apparant reason. Wish I had come off justdilauded
Subless1

Re: What are the physical consequences of long-term sub use?

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:57 am

Hey girlie...I'm going to split this thread and make one just for you. You can be happy again. You just need to taper slowly and dig down deep and commit yourself to this....for the most part....we can help you and you may not feel like total shit until it gets down low.

Stick around, read the Subsux section and keep your spirits up. I know how the depression feels...we ALL do so you are in the right place.

Welcome to SS!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: subless is gonna kick some ass!

Postby Subless1 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks Cheeps! I'm going to give it my all. I've read your liquid taper plan..does that seem to be easier with the withdrawals or about the same as using the pillls or strips? I'm currently using zubsolv..have you had any experience with tapering off that kind? (Does ANYONE for thAt matter have any idea if it takes as long to go through withdrawals from the zubsolv?) Its fairly new and seems to pack a punch but Also it doesn't seem to have the half life of subutex or suboxone. For example, if I take half of a 5.7 that morning by the next morning I am actually starting to feel some withdrawals..(now with sub it would take a couple of days before I actually started feeling sick from withdrawals.) Well, I'm hoping maybe it will not b as intense or as long !? And thanks again Cheeps! Oh and one question, how long if I'm on 1.4 mg should I wait to taper and about how much do you think would be a good amount to taper from there? Seems like such a small amount already?
Subless1

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:29 pm

Subless...I need to go back and refresh my memory on your drug. We've had a few posters also on zubsolv but I cannot recall the info they gave me.

If anyone has experience with this type of sub...chime in!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby The Blind Ass » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Only have had experience with Suboxone and the generic version...strips and pills. Its all "roughly" the same.
You decide based on your life circumstances and how well you cope with being half-sick for extended periods of time and whatever situation you find yourself in, all while considering the resources you have available to help you (forums, friends, family, physicians, comfort meds, time off from work, 12 step meetings and people or Smart Recovery stuff or other networks of sober people in your area)....once you weigh all of that in your mind and bounce it off a few people you can come up with a taper and go from there.

The "rule of thumb" is generally no more than 10% drops per 1-3 weeks if your doing a solid, consistent, mature taper - and even then it is based on Your Body...so sometimes the time signatures change but are generally within that 1-3 week period for adjustment to occur...then you just keep going. Educate yourself very well about all of this but dont fall prey to fear - remember your just stopping a medication, not dying in the hospital... I suggest you Look up EyeDots taper and Jump threads...she did it very well.

Others feel awful tapering and are big babies and just jump once they get to the point where they feel like it would be wasted time to taper any longer, such as myself... but I did not have much responsibilities to attend to so I could allow myself to be a bit crazier than others who had obligations such as work or raising children. Keep reading up, keep a cool head, and stick around and if you finish what you start all the bad bad not good stuff will go away like a shitty dream - and in a few weeks to a few months time you'll be near good as new. :)
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 pm

The difference between sub and zub copied from elsewhere on the net.

Substance Showdown: Zubsolv vs. Suboxone
Zubsolv is a new name-brand drug being used to treat opiate addiction. It is the same as its predecessor, Suboxone, in that it contains the same two drugs: buprenorphine and naloxone, and it is prescribed for the same reasons.

Buprenorphine/naloxone

Drugs containing buprenorphine and naloxone are approved for treating of opiate withdrawal in people who are opiate-dependent. Buprenorphine is an opiate agonist that was originally developed to treat pain problems. Naloxone is an opiate blocker. Medications that contain both are used in addiction treatment because of the way they work: the medication binds to the opiate receptors in the brain, which is the same exact receptor that morphine, heroin and other opiates bind to. The addition of the blocker is to keep the patient from getting ‘high’ from the medication.

Similarities:

Both are prescribed for the treatment of opiate dependence
Both contain the same two active ingredients: buprenorphine (the partial opiate agonist) and naloxone (the opiate blocker, also added in order to prevent abuse by injection)
Both are dissolve under your tongue (taken sublingually)
Both have the same duration – they are generally taken either once or twice daily

Differences:

Taste – Suboxone has a citrus taste and Zubsolv has a mint-like taste (in at least one study, people preferred the taste and feel of Zubsolv over Suboxone)
Size and form – Zubsolv is a very small tablet, Suboxone comes as a film
Absorption – perhaps one of the biggest differences as far as treatment goes, is that Zubsolv has better bioavailability, meaning that it is designed in such a way that the body can absorb it better.

Because of the last aforementioned difference, another way in which Suboxone and Zubsolv differ is in their dosing. Since your body can more effectively absorb and make use of the buprenorphine in Zubsolv, the tablets contain slightly less of the active ingredients. With Suboxone tablets and films, the dosages are 2mg/0.5mg and 8mg/2mg buprenorphine/naloxone whereas Zubsolv comes in 1.4mg/0.36mg and 5.7mg/1.4mg. Though the tablet contains less medication, due to Zubsolv’s better bioavailability, your body gets the same useful amount.

Zubsolv is an “advanced sublingual tablet formulation” that “offers higher bioavailability relative to the tablet.” Basically, this means that more of the drug reaches your bloodstream, which then allow you to take a lower daily dose, because that is all you technically need.

The truth of the matter is, when either Suboxone or Zubsolv is used for long-term maintenance, rather than for short-term treatment to alleviate withdrawal symptoms, you will continue to be dependent on a substance. Just like when you were using other opiates for which you are now taking (or considering taking) Suboxone or Zubsolv, you can’t simply quit cold turkey – you will also experience withdrawal symptoms. Again, these medications contain a partial opiate.

In both cases, Suboxone and Zubsolv, the medication is a prescription that is used to treat people who are addicted to opioid drugs, such as prescription painkillers or illicit drugs such as heroin.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Don_Pisto » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello,
It's been a month since your last update. Are you kicking ass? Whichever the case, I hope you update when you can.
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Return to Sub Sux