The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Please post, share, or read your personal story here

Re: The good, the bad, the ugly of life after subs

Postby Subblind » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:27 am

Hooray for shopping alone Tia,glad you felt strong enough...have a beautiful thanksgiving with your family too
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:54 am

Thank you SB, you and your family have a Happy ThanksGiving as well. It's also my Birthday as I am a turkey baby. lol. Going to be a split day as my daughters are doing different things. One is going camping. That would be fun, but I'm unable to go. It would take 2 people to get me in and out of the camper and I don't want to be a burden, although they never say that. Grateful for both girls. They have been so helpful and taken such good care of me. Both are sick now and I can't be around anyone who is sick due to chemo side effects and no immune system. Had to cancel one chemo treatment due to low white blood cell count. Tis the season as the snow birds bring all the germs from up north.
Thank you. You rock!!
Love ya
Tia :kiss: :D
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 am

My middle daughter celebrates her birthday every thanksgiving(11/25)so it's a dual function holiday here too.
Stay away from the snowchickens from up north,it's easy to catch anything they have with a weakened immune system.when my wife was in the thick of it,I forbid anyone from coming into my house for 3 full months... Everyone was greeted on the porch and completely understood.its serious business,me and the kids would bathe in hand sanitizer before coming into the house after our day at work and school.i personally cleaned this house like I was removing an Ebola virus from a hospital in order to keep the friggin germs out...I was obsessed at the time Wendy was going through chemo,like a fucking crazy person.and it was at the peak of sick season,she started chemo in November2010 and continued through May 2011.then the daily radiation treatments began...60 days of that...

I HATED 2010,truly dispised it...

Anyway....,God bless you Tia.be thankful your down in sunny FLA,we woke up to a dusting of snow,37 degrees with the wind blowing at 35-50 mph,overcast sky...feels like thanksgiving time in the NE That's for damn sure.SB
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Thanks SB, my daughter doesn't bring the kids around if they are sick because she knows the danger with no immune system. They had to cancel one chemo due to low white cells as I've already stated.

Burrrrrrr. 37 degrees I'd freeze to death. We had one of the hottest summers in a long time. It was in the 50's last night and 70's today. Perfect weather. Open up the house. sleep with windows open with a big blanket. Love it.

You and your wife have a Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Birthday too.
Peace,
Tia :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby cheeps » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Damn SB, that's some baaaad shit! It's cold here but not quite as windy.

Tia, you are so lucky to have daughters that love and trust you...how wonderful that they are taking such good care of you!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:42 am

Thanks Cheeps and SB, Wishing everyone a Happy Thanks Giving. I get to see both girls on different days.
How lucky I am. I'm going to my older daughters in-laws on Thank Giving. She's picking me up and taking me home since it's difficult to drive and they want to. Then the weekend my daughter and her family are taking me and my brother out for brunch for Thanks Giving and celebrate my birthday too. I've been blessed to have 2 wonderful daughters who give me their time and love me. I'm somewhat nervous about being up for so long, but they hold on to me getting in and out of the car and walking with me so I don't fall. Both of them are so protective of me.
I am so blessed.
Love you
Tia :kiss: :kiss: :cheers:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Everyone, hope everyone is doing well. I continue to get chemo every 3 weeks. This month they said I had to get chemo for a years, uck. In the process of getting a port put in. I've NEVER had good veins and the only one they've been using is burned out. Had all my pre-op work done at the hospital yesterday. I won't know if my insurance approved the procedure or not. Waiting to hear.
Will be glad when it is over. My daughter is helping me with Christmas shopping. She's the best.
Love ya
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:54 pm

Good to hear from you Tia,hope your doing the best you can these days too.Getting your daughters to do your Christmas shopping is fantastic,your very blessed to have family nearby that helps you out so much...I hope you get through this months chemo so your in the best shape you can be through the holidays...always wishing you the best my friend...god bless...SB
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:28 pm

That's so cool about the fams helping out. It's a bitch when you have to walk on eggshells around the family! Any day now I'm to be a great auntie for the second time!! Yippeee and how do you do Nolan Graham.....that's a hell of a moniker but he's named after two granddaddies....poor fucker. He's on his way but not quite out of the womb yet!

Oh Happy holidays...happy holidays!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:22 am

Well welcome to the world Nolan Graham...,not only did you get blessed with a awesome name,you also get an Auntie Cheeps!!how lucky are you.?.?.? The names these young parents are giving their kids these days is really quite funny...My niece named her daughter Paisley,after the country boy Brad Paisley...if this were 30 years ago that kids name may have been Hank or Willy :ogeez: like George Carlin once said,what happened to names like"Eddie and John or Charlie"for christs sake...funny shit...have a good Saturday my friends :thumbup:
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:27 pm

SB I second that Nolan, great auntie that will spoil him rotten. That's the fun part, then you give them back..lol

My surgery for my port was cancelled due to fucking morons. Rescheduled for next Wed.
Glad my chemo is on the 28th of Dec and I'm out for 2 weeks. I always worked on New Year's since I don't drink. Let the youngens party, ha ha.

Hoping everyone is cool rock-in
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Happy New Year everyone. Have fun and be safe!!!!

Finally got my port put in, yahhhh, and they used it on the 28th. My PET scan and CT scan were canceled due to insurance, Rescheduled forJan/2017. Waiting is torture. Want to know if the chemo is working or not. Was also told I'd be on chemo for 2 years the visit I had on the 28th, I was depressed about that news and wonder if they are getting kick backs. The results of my scans will tell me if the chemo is working. On a lower dose now,

Good Bye to 2016
2017 WILL BE BETTER.

Peace, love ya
Tia :cheers: :cheers: :cheers-smashed: :kiss:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi Everyone, I believe coming off of 32 mg of subs in a year, you're ready for anything.
Wishing the best to anyone who is fighting the battle/\.I know it sucks, but if you can do it you can do anything.

Update on my cancer, No new cancer cells from last PET scan. Maybe I already told you. My energy level is low for a couple of weeks, then have one good week, then it starts all over. Every 3 weeks

I've decided to sell my house and move into a Tiny house at my daughters house. I just can't keep up with the house anymore. It's a separate house with new everything. Electric insulation etc. My girls want me there now and I am so blessed to have them in my life and they want me to come. We've been going back and for forth for almost a year because I am very stubborn and didn't want to become a burden on them. They live almost a hour away and it is hard to get here with 5 grandkids. I have to rid myself of 90% of my things, which has bummed me out. family is more important than things I've learned. It's a process and I've had a lot of emotional breakdowns. I would say it will take a year or less. I don't have much energy between my bad back and the chemo.

I've been having fun picking out carpets, hard wood flooring etc. In fact I need to slow down because my living room is getting full. I'm going with the bohamine theme with flower patch colors. Bright and new. Back to my ole hippy days at 60 plus years. WTF. Why not. When I leave this world they will have a nice guest house.

So there is life after subs. It may not be what you thought or wanted but everything works out in GOD"s hands anyway. I know many of you don't believe, but I do. What ever gets you through the days is fine with me.

My brother is coming down tomorrow with a new bathroom, plus many other things, The blessings keep coming. There was a time I didn't believe and thought I'd never get out of PAWS.
I am full of happiness and hope. Been too long since I've felt that way. That I was worth anything. Subs are an evil poison, so ignore the lies and keep the faith.
Thanks to everyone.
Love you
Peace
Tia :kiss: :D
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby The Blind Ass » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:30 am

Nice!!!
The Blind Ass

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Shit.....I'm coming to your house. I wanna be a old hippie chick too.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:15 am

That's a brilliant decision Tia and I'm sure it makes the best sense for everyone involved.enjoy decorating your new hippy shack....so happy for you!!
Subblind

Postby subster58 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 pm

come on down cheeps. you can sleep with me and my dog...lol

Been a rough week with the chemo. was so happy when my brother came. My one good week after chemo. He's awesome. Can't wait to go there and look at my new bathroom and the other things he bought. Everyone is still sick, My daughter is going on 4 weeks and on 2nd dose of antibiotics. can't be around that bug.

Nothing else new. continue to fight the fight.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Subblind » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:09 am

Stay away from EVERYONE...when Wendy went through chemo I stopped everyone and anyone on the front porch.i created a hospital clean environment for her and made my kids bathe in hand sanitizer before they came in from school.you have NO immune system so you have to be that OCD about the germs.

Hope your new cottage is coming along...was glad to hear you were moving near your kids...also glad to see you posting on SS TTYS
Subblind

Postby cheeps » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Just for you sissy...

Nine Important Facts to Remember as We Grow Older (cause 10 is just to damn many)
#9 Death is the number 1 killer in the world.
#8 Life is sexually transmitted.
#7 Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
#6 Men have 2 motivations: hunger and (well, you know), and they can't tell them apart. If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich!
#5 Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks, months, maybe years.
#4 Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.
#3 All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
#2 In the 60's, people took LSD to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal. (Or... "when things turn weird, the weird turn pro").
#1 Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today may be a burning issue tomorrow.

Keep on kicking ass and taking names!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby subster58 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:42 am

Thanks Sissy.
Love it. you have such a way with words, telling like it is. So true.

One of the main things you taught me out of many years ago was never give up, keep moving forward no matter what, It will get better, but it takes time. I could go on and on. I'm so grateful you never gave up on me even when I would fuck up. I know I drove you crazy for months, maybe years.

So THANK YOU from this ole hippy.
Love you sissy :kiss: :boobshake: :boobshake:
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Previous

Return to Personal Stories