Me so much happier!!!

Feel free to read about or create a new topic regarding antidepressants or detox. (*Note - Antidepressants are not opiates. Additionally, cessation from antidepressants without medical guidence can be dangerous.)

Me so much happier!!!

Postby mimiluv » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I switched from the prozac back to zoloft.. and I have been doing AWESOME!! The last week I worked 20 hours.. kept up on the laundry and house cleaning.... AND... I have been making HOME MADE dinners all week, WTF!!!

I do not feel angry and haven't had any rage type outbursts, lol!! I just feel so much more at peace and actually am feeling some hope for the future.. instead of trapped, unmotivated and basically miserable!!

I am really NOT even dreading winter at this point.. but I am sure that will set in by Jan.. I have also been taking 50, 0000 IU of vit D a week for like a month or so too.. that might be helping as well!!

Like tonight I made a roasted whole chicken with stuffing and vegies for dinner.. and a pumpkin cheese cake for dessert.

I LOVE MY ZOLOFT!!! :kiss: I finally feel like I am getting my life back!! YAY!!!

I was on it for 7 years and then off of it for over 3 and was pretty miserable those whole 3 years. :shrug:
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Re: Me so much happier!!!

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Mimi-

Glad your feeling better.

Here's a pic of me on "happy pills"-

For some reason, no one could stand being around me...

Never could figure it out
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:25 pm

ohh GAWD....that's great Mark.

Mimi....I think I'll be on my shit for a whhhiilllle.

I'm really glad you feel better. Sometimes we have to suck it up and stay medicated thanks to big pharma/stupid drs.

Fuck depression....I hate it. I jumped off my Lyrica again.....massive shitty thoughts for 24 hours but then it cleared out.......FUCK DRUGS!!

Oh and get this......my dr wanted to know if I wanted nuerotten instead :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :laughpound: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: . Bastard.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Poncho » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:29 pm

mimiluv wrote:I switched from the prozac back to zoloft.. and I have been doing AWESOME!! The last week I worked 20 hours.. kept up on the laundry and house cleaning.... AND... I have been making HOME MADE dinners all week, WTF!!!

I do not feel angry and haven't had any rage type outbursts, lol!! I just feel so much more at peace and actually am feeling some hope for the future.. instead of trapped, unmotivated and basically miserable!!

I am really NOT even dreading winter at this point.. but I am sure that will set in by Jan.. I have also been taking 50, 0000 IU of vit D a week for like a month or so too.. that might be helping as well!!

Like tonight I made a roasted whole chicken with stuffing and vegies for dinner.. and a pumpkin cheese cake for dessert.

I LOVE MY ZOLOFT!!! :kiss: I finally feel like I am getting my life back!! YAY!!!

I was on it for 7 years and then off of it for over 3 and was pretty miserable those whole 3 years. :shrug:

Does this mean more anal for the hubby ? :lol: :lol:
Sorry Mimi, couldn't help myself
Poncho

Postby celticpride4Life » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:56 pm

That is so fucking awsome Meems! :pash:
celticpride4Life

Postby celticpride4Life » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Not a 12 stepper wrote:Hi Mimi-

Glad your feeling better.

Here's a pic of me on "happy pills"-

For some reason, no one could stand being around me...

Never could figure it out

LMAO! Photo shop time! :D
celticpride4Life

Postby mimiluv » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:57 pm

I am still feeling REALLY good.. still getting things done... and even started doing a new job!! So now I have 2 jobs plus the house, kids, and husband... oh and the pets, lol..

I just made the most kick ass turkey chilli!! I am trying it right now, lol..

So I guess I will be on my crazy/happy pills forEVER!!! My anxiety level is also SO MUCH BETTER!! I am NOT worrying as much about shit I can't do anything about anyway!!

I fought for 3 years to stay off of the a/ds and I just wasn't happy.. so I guess, I am one of those people who need them..
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby celticpride4Life » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Well Jebus age Crisco! About time you replied to YOUR thread regarding this matter DAMMI! You are making me happy princess! I love that you are feeling good without opiates. It gives me hope! I lub yo azz girl!
celticpride4Life

Postby mimiluv » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks, CP!! :kiss: I lub you too!! I REALLY, REALLY do!! I want you to feel good and be happy too!! What can mama do to make that happen?
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Mimi...
I took Prozac/busbar/trazadone in the past for depression...but I never felt they helped( hated trazadone). I get Severe depression when I'm off opiates. I was going to ask my Dr about Lyica...do you think zoloft would be better? I don't take anything but sub now..but I don't want to sunk into a dark place again after I quit. Is zoloft easy to stop? How long would you suggest being on it? I don't want to be on anything...but I might need something to calm me down for a month or two. What do you suggest Mimi...do you think I should start them before I quit the sub???
Sorry for all the questions..but I'm glad you feel good and are sub free..it's encouraging!!!
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:36 pm

OMG!! Stay the hell away from lycria and neurontin.. there is a thread in here about it.. that shit messed up my world and had 6 weeks of BAD withdrawal from it.. they are pretty much the same thing..

If I were you YES I would start on the zoloft or a different a/d before you're off of sub!! I have stopped zoloft by switching to prozac which has a long half life.. I never got withdrawal from it. If I would have went right off of the zoloft I am sure I would have.

I am planning on staying on zoloft or some a/d FOREVER!! I have tried it for 3 years without and I just have to face the facts that I NEED them whether I like it or not.. I feel better on then off.

How long you NEED to be on them is up to you.. but I would say don't be in a rush if you suffer from depression.
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:17 am

Mimi..thanks so much for your advice. I took Proxac/Busbar/trazadone for several yrs and stopped taking all three after being on methadone for a couple weeks..I never felt any withdrawal from them..and only later learned I shouldnt have just stopped them all Like that. I never felt any depression relief from them..but DID from methadone.lol. Thanks for the heads up about Lycia and Nerontin.I see my Dr tomorrow and will see what she thinks about Zoloft. I have heard good things about it.It makes sense to me to start it now,if it takes a couple weeks to work like Proxac does.I'm hoping just to take it a couple months...but I do have a history of cronic anxiety and depression. Opiates always worked as antidepressants with me. I'm really glad your feeling good...life shouldn't be something to suffer thru! Thanks for you wisdom! Jules
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 pm

So what happened at the Dr.?
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:57 am

Hi Mimi,
The Dr was sick and they made me a new appt for next Monday..My Dr.is kinda a hard ass and I'm a little worried about hitting her up for comfort meds AND antidepressants. I figure I will go in and tell her my plan...start zoloft now...use Clonidine and Valium as needed after jump. I've got imodium,Tylenol,vits and l-lysine....I'm getting ready( biting nails) Anything else you can think of? Preferably OTC, so I don't have to ask my Dr.for anything else...
Thanks for your help.Jules
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 am

Melatonin, benadryl, lots of bottled water and REALLY soft TP!! What are you planning to jump from?
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:22 am

I'm using melatonin now to sleep...seems to work better than benadryl for me...but I have both. I bought a case of coconut water for hydration..I love that stuff! I'm not really sure what I have planned can even be called a "jump". I'm going to get under .10 and less and start skipping days...skip one day,dose...then two days,dose...three,dose....four....and simply step off onto a pink fluffy cloud...lol. I'm SUCH a wuss... I want this as painless as possible.I'm kinda surprised after twelve yrs on methadone and six months on sub that I'm not having more trouble tapering....I sure the fuck did on Meth! I think it shows how strong sub is. Or...maybe I'm going to be one of the lucky ones(fingers crossed). I never had what others refer to as "the honeymoon" period on sub...it gives me absolutely no joy...so maybe it won't be so hard to kick???? In the past I've had terrible depression and panic after kicking morphine...so I'm a bit worried about the head trip. Thanks for your advice and help..I need a lot of hand holding at this point...and more when I jump...and I'm glad to have found you people...it gives me hope. Thank you Angela!
Substrate

Postby Substrate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:33 am

Stepper...I think your wasting a fantastic talent! You'd be HUGE at mini mall openings and kids parties!
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:04 pm

I needed so much hand holding. :lol: I whined so much!! But the people here were GREAT and I wouldn't be where I am today if I had not found them..

I am glad you found us too.. I truly have made some GREAT friends here and I guess that's why I am still here after being off of sub for over 2 years. :D We really care about each other here.. not just during detox but afterwards and with just day to day life BS.
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am

Dear Angela..happy T-day! I REALLY appreate the people here. The people like you, who have beat this thing and prove it's do-able, and are kind enough to stay around and help the others who are still working on it. A BIG THANKS! I also like hearing what the newly clean report about their experiences jumping..AND my pals, Cooky,Subster and Run, who are working twords a goal..it makes me feel good to know they are where I am, still struggling!! How long has SubSux been in up? I guess the whole thing crashed and posts where lost last yr? I was looking for info about Sub a long time before I found this forum. I wasn't comfortable with the other forum(zone) I was reading due to the overwhelming amount of misinformation. It's too bad this forum is hard to find in the bombardment of pro-sub sites.
I hope the fokes here will put up with my bitching and whining when I jump. I'm very secretive about my addiction,and none of my family or friends know. I'm what you call a "functioning addict". Like a V-8 running on 6 cylinders...you know something's a little off,but you get by! So it's REALLY nice to have a place I can talk freely about my situation. Thank you again for being here...thank you EVERYONE! Jules
Substrate

Postby buckshottt64 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Sub i will always be here to here you complain :). God knows i do enough of it
buckshottt64

Next

Return to Coming off Antidepressants Sux