zoloft sideeffects

Feel free to read about or create a new topic regarding antidepressants or detox. (*Note - Antidepressants are not opiates. Additionally, cessation from antidepressants without medical guidence can be dangerous.)

zoloft sideeffects

Postby Dawg » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Around three months after getting of sub I decided to try zoloft. I was having lots of anxiety and depression. After about three weeks I started feeling much better. However,around that same time I developed a chronic cough that is driving me crazy. It's a dry non productive cough.
My question is has anyone ever herd of this from zoloft? I've asked my Dr. and he did not think so. But I'm not so sure.

I'm thinking about jumping off the zoloft to see if that helps. I'm taking 50 mg a day. Should I taper or do you think jumping from that low a dose that I'll be ok? Thanks for your help.
Dawg

Re: zoloft sideeffects

Postby cheeps » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Dawg.....I have heard of the cough. With any drug, but esp a SSRI, tapering will help lower any w/d's if they show up. Do a taper with 20% reductions every week and see how that works for you. cheeps
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
Oxy free 2/20/17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Dawg » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok cheeps..makes sense to me. I'm going to start my ad taper tonight, 20 percent. I just need to figure out what's worse cough or anxiety :banghead: . I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for your help.
Dawg

Postby Dawg » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Ok update time. It's been about a month since I stated my zoloft taper. I'm completely done now and feel pretty good. I just had a little rebound anger lol. I must say this is this first time in a very long time that I haven't been on some kind of drug. It feels great to have real emotions again. I work at a very moncho job and herd a song by Adell today and almost started crying. I just played it off like something got in my eyes.

Well it's been a week off zoloft and I'm still coughing. So I guess it's safe to say it's not the zoloft making me cough. Just wanted to make sure I cleared that up. I don't want to lay blame if it's not justified.

Went back to the ent doctor yesterday and they did a ct scan of my sinus. Now they believe it's hard core acid reflux. Funny because that was one of the first things they tried. This time they gave me a Stronger antacid. Prescibtion strength. I hope it works this cough is making crazy

'
Dawg

Postby Anon » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm

Did zoloft make you incredibly sleepy? I know a lot of people experience this at first but get over it within a few weeks. I'm prescribed adderall and there are days when I take my adderall and still can't get out of bed.
Anon

Postby Catfish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Did the Zoloft have you feeling mentally cloudy/foggy at all?

Did you have any trouble thinking clearly?

How was your memory?
Catfish

Postby runthemachine » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 pm

... and done. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Justjules13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks for cleaning up the board, Big daddy!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby runthemachine » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Justjules13 wrote:Thanks for cleaning up the board, Big daddy!

Count on me, GF.

:pash:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Return to Coming off Antidepressants Sux