Sleep? pfff..WTF is that?

Feel free to read about or create a new topic regarding antidepressants or detox. (*Note - Antidepressants are not opiates. Additionally, cessation from antidepressants without medical guidence can be dangerous.)

Sleep? pfff..WTF is that?

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 5:11 am

This is getting redonkulous. I have not slept for shit since I quit 60 mgs. Of Paxil daily. It is just absurd bot to mention the brain shivers. What the fuck does Paxil do to the brain? Is my insomnia due to stress? My thought's are a mess so I will leave it at that, Any one else get insomnia from quitting SSRI's CT? ! FML... Let me sleeeeeeep!

ALL kidding aside, this insomnia is getting scary! I have slept maybe 6 hours in 5 days and I am osing it. Depersonalization is setting in ovah heeyah! :banghead:
Last edited by celticpride4Life on Fri May 20, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
celticpride4Life

Re: Sleep? pfff..WTF is that?

Postby aussieguy24 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 am

Hey buddy,

Ok so first of all six hours sleep in 5 days is not good. If that was me I would be manic by now. You need to see your doctor about it a.s.a.p.
Also why did you stop your SSRI anti-depressant cold turkey? That's really not a good idea. You need to slow taper down anti-depressants. And if you were having side effects from the Paxil, you can always switch to another SSRI or even an SNRI, MAOI, TCA, or TeCAs. There are many different types of anti-depressants and unfortunately sometimes it can take awhile to find the right one for you.

Go see your doc a.s.a.p buddy!

Much love,

Nathan.
aussieguy24

Postby xenofears » Fri May 20, 2011 7:45 am

CP didn't you get off the Paxil? Why you keep taking that stuff, don't you hate it?

Maybe you should taper off? I can find out how long the w/d is supposed to last from c/t..

I slept 1 hour two nights ago and 4 last night if it makes you feel any better...
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby julie1129 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am

I say doctors should just STOP prescribing medicine for EVERYONE!!! Just stop it!

Is it REALLY doing any good???

It seems like every damn medication out there gives you SOME kind of side effect when you stop it. WTF!

CP, I'd be a fucking MESS right now if I only slept five hours in six days!! A mess!!! I can't handle not sleeping. It screws me up in a way that NOTHING else does.

My only answer is to get your doctor to prescribe you something for sleep. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha ha. Did I just say that? But that's seriously my only solution. Yes, you will get addicted/dependent on it, but at this point, who the fuck cares? You need to be knocked out so your brain can rewire itself and get some rest. I don't know how you've gone THIS long without losing your damn mind!

I've only been on an SSRI once in my life for like six months about four years ago. It did squat, so I just decided to stop taking it one day. I was a novice SSRI user, so I didn't realize you had to taper. I kept wondering why I would get these crazy zaps in my brain and was unable to sleep. I never connected it to the SSRI. But after a week of this, I was fine and back to normal.

Maybe you should try tapering off the Paxil. You know....like every OTHER fucking drug you have to taper off of! Although maybe you're at the tail end of the withdrawals now and it wouldn't be worth going back on.

Yeah, I'm a lot of help. I knew I should've stayed out of this thread!!!!

Maybe you could ask your wife to sucker-punch you again in the face and knock you out??? :lol:
julie1129
Local Fixture

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 10:58 am

YAY! I selpt 5 hours weeeeeeee!

I had tried tapering the Paxil a couple months ago and I didn't feel bad or anything so I just jumped off. Maybe the insomnia is not Paxil related but I don't know it is just shitty and it takes allot of effort to string coherent thoughts tomorrow. I must admit I drank myself to sleep like an idiot and now I am hung over and feel worse than ever. :banghead: I'll be back later.
celticpride4Life

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 11:01 am

xenofears wrote:CP didn't you get off the Paxil? Why you keep taking that stuff, don't you hate it?

Maybe you should taper off? I can find out how long the w/d is supposed to last from c/t..

I slept 1 hour two nights ago and 4 last night if it makes you feel any better...

DAMN! Well yeah... It is oddly comforting to know I have someone out there up all night tossing and turning with me. I tried looking up how long it will last and could not find anything.
celticpride4Life

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 am

julie1129 wrote:I say doctors should just STOP prescribing medicine for EVERYONE!!! Just stop it!

Is it REALLY doing any good???

It seems like every damn medication out there gives you SOME kind of side effect when you stop it. WTF!

CP, I'd be a fucking MESS right now if I only slept five hours in six days!! A mess!!! I can't handle not sleeping. It screws me up in a way that NOTHING else does.

My only answer is to get your doctor to prescribe you something for sleep. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha ha ha. Did I just say that? But that's seriously my only solution. Yes, you will get addicted/dependent on it, but at this point, who the fuck cares? You need to be knocked out so your brain can rewire itself and get some rest. I don't know how you've gone THIS long without losing your damn mind!

I've only been on an SSRI once in my life for like six months about four years ago. It did squat, so I just decided to stop taking it one day. I was a novice SSRI user, so I didn't realize you had to taper. I kept wondering why I would get these crazy zaps in my brain and was unable to sleep. I never connected it to the SSRI. But after a week of this, I was fine and back to normal.

Maybe you should try tapering off the Paxil. You know....like every OTHER fucking drug you have to taper off of! Although maybe you're at the tail end of the withdrawals now and it wouldn't be worth going back on.

Yeah, I'm a lot of help. I knew I should've stayed out of this thread!!!!

Maybe you could ask your wife to sucker-punch you again in the face and knock you out??? :lol:

If I can't sleep or keep having weird crying fits Im going in to the doctor. Fuck this! And what do you mean? Of course you allot of help. I mean that is an awesome idea having my wife knock me out lol!
celticpride4Life

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 am

aussieguy24 wrote:Hey buddy,

Ok so first of all six hours sleep in 5 days is not good. If that was me I would be manic by now. You need to see your doctor about it a.s.a.p.
Also why did you stop your SSRI anti-depressant cold turkey? That's really not a good idea. You need to slow taper down anti-depressants. And if you were having side effects from the Paxil, you can always switch to another SSRI or even an SNRI, MAOI, TCA, or TeCAs. There are many different types of anti-depressants and unfortunately sometimes it can take awhile to find the right one for you.

Go see your doc a.s.a.p buddy!

Much love,

Nathan.

I hear you Nathan :) I have been through the SSRI crap enough and I'm going to have to look into those other ones you mentioned. I stopped cold turkey also because they just did not do ANYTHING for me. If I had known my brain would get scrambled jumping off I would not have done it. I made it this far though so I am going to just suck it up.
celticpride4Life

Postby aussieguy24 » Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey again!

Hope your feeling abit better now. Yeah SSRI's or any type of anti-depressants for that matter build up in your system over a few weeks to a month. It normally takes at least two weeks to notice any benefit from them which means you also need to slowly taper down slowly as well. Like I said before there are many different types of anti-depressants. SSRI's and SNRI's seem to be the most commonly prescribed type. Then MAOI's and then the older TCA types. I have been on many different anti-depressants and the only one that has ever really worked for me is Zoloft(Sertraline Hydrochloride) I'm on the max dose which is 200mg per day. Your doctor will normally start you off on about 50mg and then build up your dose slowly. Do abit of research on Zoloft and speak to your doctor about it. I know a few people personally that it has done wonder's for. Don't forget to see your doc a.s.a.p and if you can't get an appointment for a while then go see another doctor. You need to get it sorted a.s.a.p, especially with the sleep issue. I don't know exactly how you feel or what your thought patterns are but another option which can be taken either in conjunction with an anti-depressant or on it's own is an antipsychotic or mood stabaliser,

There is a medication called Serequel which is an atypical anti-psychotic with mood stabalizing and anti-depressant properties. Doctors prescribe doses all the way up to 1300mg+ per day but personally I have found it the most beneficial in small doses of between 25mg-100mg. It is very sedating so is great for sleep and it is also good for withdrawal symptoms. The first time I was prescribed Serequel was when I was quitting Marijuana. But it's a pretty good drug for sedation,anxiety,racing thoughts, etc. I have only stopped taking it recently because of weight gain, It does make you very hungry after you take it. That's why its best to take it at night when in bed. That way the sedating qualities will really knock you out before the munchies kick in lol.

Anyway mate these are just some ideas that have helped me and you can look into and discuss with your doc. But always remember it is not good to stop ANYTHING cold turkey. Even alcoholics cant stop alcohol cold turkey without being closely monitored and given medication because of seizures etc. Always do your research first.

My thoughts are with you mate :-)

Nathan.
aussieguy24

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri May 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Ok, no more complaining about sleep for me. After I posted at 8:30 a.m. I feel back asleep and slept till 3:30 this afternoon. YIPPEEEEE!!! I was sleeping so hard that my oldest son got scared, he was pounding on my bedroom door for about 20 minutes and finally climbed up on the room and came through my bedroom window and woke me up.

Hey Nathan my friend :D ,I am done with SSRI's, forget about it. I do not like now knowing what they are doing to me brain and I know for a fact I have ran through enough of them to realize I need to take a different course of action. I have tried Wellbutrin a try a couple years ago to no avail. A few years ago, a friend of mine on here sent me a care package for detoxing. She sent me Clonidine, Seroquil and Diazapam for a detox. I will forever be in debt to this wonderful friend because I had to detox over a 3 day weekend and could not miss any work. I was taking around 300 mgs of oxy at the time and was able to detox comfortably without any problems. The Seroquil was GREAT! I actually slept even during the acute faze.

My friends on here that know what is going on in my life right now would probably agree that there is no pill that is going to help me considering my current circumstances. In fact if I did NOT have anxiety and depression during this difficult time,I would not be human. I won't go into it on this open forum but I'll tell you about it in a PM Nathan. Some big changes are coming my way and that is what I need, things to change dramatically.

I understand to a point what you are saying about changing my thinking, but believe it or not I have been trying and putting in every inch of effort to get better. Even when I am torn emotionally I come on here and post to others and offer encouragement as best I can to lighten my mood and it gets me out of my head joking around with people on here. But if my circumstances do not change, no amount of positive thought or wishful thinking will help. I need to have some things resolved and counceling as well as cognitive behavior therapy is my only shot.

I came across this in regards to Paxil WD symptoms and I feel awesome knowing that my recent flip out is directly related to my abrupt stoppage. I highlighted the symptoms I have been dealing with not to mention the opiates binge and opiate WD symptoms thrown in too.

Frequently Reported Symptoms:

intense insomnia- Yeah, this insomnia is of a different animal.

extraordinarily vivid dreams-Nope

extreme confusion during waking hours-I have had some bizzarre moments dealing with this. I swear to God, I was looking for my cat and I could not remember what color he is!

intense fear of losing your sanity- Meh...not really, I embrace it :)

steady feeling of existing outside of reality as you know it (referred to as depersonalization at times)- BIG TIME, I am prone to this anyways.

memory and concentration problems-What was I saying? I forgot.

Panic Attacks (even if you never had one before)-Yes

severe mood swings, esp. heightened irritability / anger-Yes
suicidal thoughts (in extreme cases)- A little

an unconventional dizziness/ vertigo-YES
the feeling of shocks, similar to mild electric one, running the length of your body-YES

an unsteady gait-No

slurred speech-No

headaches-No

profuse sweating, esp. at night-Yes

muscle cramps-No

blurred vision-No

breaking out in tears.-Yes! This is crazy, I have been crying out of no where! I am talking about laughing at something funny and then in mid laugh I start balling! WTF!!!

hypersensitivity to motion, sounds, smells.-Yes

decreased appetite-Yes

nausea- Yes, I have been throwng up at night after I get worked up in my head

abdominal cramping, diarrhea-No

chills/ hot flashes-Yes and it feels like opiate WD's
celticpride4Life

Postby mariposa » Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey CP-

I've definitely had a lot of those symptoms - including crying at inappropriate times - lol. A cheesy commercial could make me weep! I don't think that has just to do with paxil wd, but with opiate wd in general. Setting your nerves on edge.

I do have to say 60 mg of paxil is considered a large dose. Have you tried it at smaller doses? I just grudgingly went up from 20 to 30. My shrink was advocating more (of course).

My sex drive isn't 'normal', but I can 'O' if I wanna.

Have you tried maintaining at a much lower dose?

As usual, I don't want to encourage AD use, but if it does avert suicide / nihilist dope slamming, vodka swilling, I'm all for it...
mariposa

Postby celticpride4Life » Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 am

Hi MP :)
I tried messing with the dosage for weeks and it still just sucked for me. I was at 60 mgs as well and tried lowering for a week and could not tell the difference. It just does not do it. I do not have what it takes to kill myself, I just don't. I am sure I would have been gone by know if I did because I have been through some serious unbearable tormenting spells lately and though I have fantasized about ending it, I just would never be able to put people through the pain of me quitting life. I think other people to not have that innate protection switch that kicks on and stops the suicide. I do fortunately. I do not even know if I am saying this stuff right trying to get my point across. Am I making sense? Or is this just more foolish dribble?
celticpride4Life

Postby sissymitchie » Tue May 24, 2011 8:42 am

I went years till i found a antidepressant that worked for me plus im bipolar. I use to take lexapro and seroquel together but had alot of side effects from the seroquel my face got stuck in one position so i quit them both first the lexapro which i had been on for 8 years didnt go through any withdrawal or anything then i quit the seroquel 3 weeks later my 12 year old was here i went into a sezure my daughter was calmer than me go figure lol had to call the ambulance they explained i had to ween dwn i did and had no problems took me about 3 weeks but now i have been off both for abt 6 or 7 month i cry real easy, get angry real easy, cant sleep im up for 3- 4 days at a time, and my ocd is back with a vengence!!! i was telling u this because since i was on lexapro so long it may have been longer than 8 years but my point is i had no withdrawal from the lexapro none at all not a twinge!! i hope i was some help i tend to ramble!! :banghead:
sissymitchie
sissymitchie

Return to Coming off Antidepressants Sux