Coming off Neurontin - Meems?

Feel free to read about or create a new topic regarding antidepressants or detox. (*Note - Antidepressants are not opiates. Additionally, cessation from antidepressants without medical guidence can be dangerous.)

Re: Coming of Neurontin - Meems?

Postby mimiluv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:00 am

Few more weeks and you should be feeling much better, Poncho.. the w/d from the pectin is fucking hard.. that shit scared me almost as much as sub did but in different ways.
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby xenofears » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:10 am

julie1129 wrote:
Poncho wrote:2 weeks today i stopped taking the 300 Mgs of Gabapentin. Fucking anxiety is a bitch and that wasn't even a high dose. These fucking doctors want you to be on something your whole life.

:MrT: : Hey Doc, I need to get off these antidepressants
:thumbup: Ooooh I have just the pills for you to take that will let you off without feeeling a thing
1 year later
:MrT: Ok Doc, it's been a year now I need to get off the pills that got me off the antidepressants
:thumbup: Oh I have just the thing for you to take so you won't feel any WDs at all from those pills that got you off the other pills
And on and on it goes ! :ogeez:

Those motherless fucks ! :punchballs:

No shit, huh. It's ridiculous.

One of the commercials on TV that ALWAYS makes me lose my damn mind is the one about Abilify (I think it is). Originally marketed as an Alzheimer's drug. One of the lines in the commercial is "If you're on an anti-depressant right now...and it's not working for you...then ADD ABILIFY!!! "

WTF?

When do you stop ADDING drugs and get the fuck OFF off of them? "Oh, if THIS doesn't work, hey, try these three things ADDED with that!"

It's fucking crazy.

Congrats on getting off the gabapentin, though! :cheers2:

Abilify is an anti-psychotic! Hmm.. our pills ain't working for ya? Maybe you need to throw this remarketed anti-psychotic onto the mix! :lol: :ogeez:

Feel better Poncho, GABA w/d is a bitch.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby Poncho » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:46 am

I didn't think at that low dose it would be so bad, but the ongoing anxiety all the time really sucks.

I know it's nothing compared to what you've been through Xeno. I keep up with your posts man and it is truely commendable the way you've been able to cut down your dose while feeling bad the whole time. Keep it rolling man.
Poncho

Postby xenofears » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:53 am

Thanks Poncho... but suffering is suffering man it all sucks... I know you aren't having a fun time. It'll get better. It's commendable that you aren't bitching too much :)

Anxiety fucking sucks. You sleeping ok at least?
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby Poncho » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Yes, I sleep because I take 10 Mil of Ambien every night. If they ever cut me off that I may as well hang myself.
Not trying to bitch mind you :D
Poncho

Postby mimiluv » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 pm

I tapered that shit down for months and went off of 100mg and still suffered for 6 fucking weeks. :gaah:
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Poncho » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

Can't believe this shit, the anxiety has subsided a little bit but I've had a sinus/chest cold since I stopped using the this shit. I'm heading up to Boston next weekend and don't want to feel this way then.

END YOU MOTHERFUCKING WD !
Poncho

Postby mimiluv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:40 pm

How long has it been now? it sucks but it will end!!
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Poncho » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Almost 3 weeks. The anxiety has ceased a little but I've been sick with this headcold for over 2 weeks too, and wondering if it's related. I swear i haven't been sick in 30 years at least so I think it's part of the WDs.
Poncho

Postby mimiluv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Yep I had the sinus thing too for awhile when quitting that shit!! Sinus pressure, ugh!! Hang in there Poncho.. just whatEVER you do don't take anymore of that shit!! I actually had them put on my chart that I am allergic to it.. it scared the shit out of me. The depression and anxiety were unreal.. I think almost if not worse than sub!!

I am going to go slip into a nice hot bath now. :D

Gabafucktin!!
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby xenofears » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:09 pm

How'd you both get on that stuff anyway?
xenofears

Re: Coming off Neurontin - Meems?

Postby BOAG » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:19 pm

Wasn't Meems put on it to help ease the sub W/D's? :laughpound:
"I never thought you'd be a junkie because heroin is so passé"
BOAG
Local Fixture

Postby xenofears » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

They use it for benzo detox and it doesn't do shit.
xenofears

Postby mimiluv » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 pm

xenofears wrote:How'd you both get on that stuff anyway?

Yep.. I got put on it to ease sub w/d!! :rofl: that is one comfort med I wish I would have gone without!! :banghead:
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby SoCal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Poncho wrote:I've been taking 300M at night to help with back pain and I've just run out. Is that too small a dose to worry about ?

If i were you i wouldnt worry aout it,,cause if you do ,,then you'll get em for sure!!,,,Ive been on 1500 mgs for yrs,,i use em for sleep,,and been on em so long they dont make me all foggy or goofy.
And,,as i think CP said they deffinately help with calmin ya down while in wd's.
Now as for me personally,,i ate em like candy while detoxin ,,then ran out,,I had no idea there might be wd involved with them,,but yea,,i got em,,but they were tolerable and only lasted about 2 weeks.
I got a big freaking bottle of 150 300mg pills and dont want to take them,,but last night i said f-it and 5 of em later slept all night!,,I take 200 mgs of seraqyl too,,together they work,,but seraqyl alone only for a few hrs.

So wtf do i do?,,I HATE SITTIN HERE UP ALL NIGHT,,but im already 7yrs hooked deep with sub,,and 2yrs 4mgs klonopin a day!,,It'd be nice to be strong enough to at least quit the easiest one(neurotin)!,,thats what i mean when i say i need to go in-paitient!,,lock my freakin ass up and hopefully get off everything,,AND LIVE THROUGH IT!,,LOL
But just me by myself aint what i used to be.,,,I guess if i didnt have to worry about doctors gettin a bug up thier ass and just yankin me off something id probably just say f-it and not even think about gettin off anything!,,I mean,,i take sub and klonopin and feel nothing,,i mean like a high ,,but to be honest they help with keepin me calm,,and no desire for another opiate,,,But i been like this so long ,,i dont even know what im supposed to feel like?,,see,,thats what has me wonderin?,,and wantin to find out!,,,It'd be a trip if i got off everything and felt like i did when i got out of an 18 month program!,,Shit,,i was freakin superman!,,worked the railyard 50 or more hrs a week,,even bought a caddy!,,lol,,lasted 1 1/2 yrs clean.,,,i know cause im disabled and all fucked up after the coma trip i'll never feel like that,,but i might feel alot better!,,right now,,i cant even be in the heat for more than a couple hrs,,even doin nothin or i end down and out in bed for 3 days!,,so,,who knows till ya try right,,,i wanna go,,maybe im a little institutionalized or something,,i dont know!,,,And im sure there are some who might be thinkin,,man,,if he really wanted to go he'd go!,,,And in alot of case they'd be right,,,but for me RIGHTNOW?,,With things the way they are I just cant freakin up and go,,,Im sure my teenage daughter would love that idea,,but like it or not im still responsible and even if i wasnt i wouldnt leave my daughter with a freakin baby with a baby's dad who aint takin care of buisness!,,and i dont trust leavin my home to my wild older step daughter!,,No,,when i go this place will be padlocked up like last time!,,so there ya go,,I didnt mean to write all this,,just came out,,bottom line,,i still got frieda's cross around my neck and i have the FAITH that goes with it ,,so its gonna happen when its supposed to happen. In the meantime,,i keep lovin my daughter(were now gettin along great!),,try to keep it that way and keep her safe.
Anyway,,back to nuerotin?,,if you can get by w/o takin it,,then dont take it.
Tattoo Tommy
Last edited by SoCal on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoCal

Postby Poncho » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

TT, just catching up on this thread.
I thought when you took your little hiatus from the board you were going through WDs to be off all that shit. :ogeez:
Poncho

Postby mimiluv » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:49 pm

How are you feeling now, Poncho? N wise?
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Poncho » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm over that, now I'm dealing with the end of my norco binge last week but I'm good. Good to see you back, miss you shaking your boobs :boobshake: at me.
Poncho

Postby mimiluv » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:24 pm

Good I am glad the N is over for you!! Here is a :boobshake: and a :spank: for doing such a good job. :pash:
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby SoCal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:53 pm

yea,,getting off nuorotin is part of the plan,,ive been on 1500 mgs a day for more yrs than i can rember,,and ive ran out too soon many times in the past and yea,,the wd's suck,,but for me i always got over it in about 2 weeks so for me not too bad,my plan now?,,i dont know if its the best,,but thinkin that the klonopin will help the sub detox,,been back on 2mgs since day before yesterday,,and yea,,bathroom issues are back,,but im just gonna put a little tv in the bathroom and stay at 2mgs if it kills me,,then i was gonna use the neurotin to help with klonopin wd's,,but i dont know if my reg md is gonns wait so long,,she ask me last week if i was ready to start my klonopin taper,,so,,my thoughts are she's ready to get on with it,,but maybe thats good,,just hope she takes it slow on me cause just detoxin one is alot,,but two things at once?,,and klonopin is real nasty detox,,i dont know,,i have my plans,,but they might start to differ from reg md,,and i have enough sub that i can stop seein him,,but my insurance said theyd pay for sub till dec.,,so i'll propbably keep seein him till then.
TT
SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Coming off Antidepressants Sux