Rockin The Detox...

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: Rockin The Detox...

Postby Poncho » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:59 pm

"My new roomie..(old party friend I ran into at the clinic) became my roomie..when she found her roommate dead..guess what from..yea thats right methadone..
last month she told her fam doc..her nose wouldnt stop running..he told her to go buy some sudafed..its that time of year..cold etc..she told the mdone Doc..he upped her 20mg..she is now on 390mgs of methadone from a pretty light oxy habit.."

Never experienced Heroin (very fucking close when I couldn't get Oxys) but even at the methadone clinic I never needed more the 30 Mil to combat the WDs. Some people were on a 150 Mil daily and they would be nodding offf, I can't fucking imagine what 390 Mil feels like ? How the fuck did you function when you were on it nevermind now that you're off it.
Poncho

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Que......we need pix of your detox. Some here seem to think you are bullshitting about your experience. :o :rofl:

Seriously, you say you had four years at 100mgs....believe me when I say if you CT'ed like you said....more power to you for making it!!! 8-) :cheers2:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:35 pm

LOL!!! bullshitting? Thats a first you know some people has a hard time giving up that dope.My wife threw all my botlles and I only have a receipt left from the clinic.But if you can tell me what I need to PROVE it lol I will.Not that it really matters to other people because I know what I went threw .Im just sharing my story hoping it would help give courage to other people.I'm a very honest 37 year old god fearing southern man.And to say that Im bullshitting LOL.That hurts...
2 1/2 year hydro/oxy habit
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm

When it comes to detoxing people are scared to death to give up the dope and taking that step only when you get tired of using like I did is when you stop using.When you stay at the same dose for so long its like your only normal the methadone doest get you high.The first year I was going to the clinic it got me very high.But after that it was like I was normal.Til the last year where I felt like I was losing my mind!!The people thats doubting my story is only scare to take that step.Believe me I was for the longest.I didnt mean to make people scared or disbelieve I was only trying to help.
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:03 pm

yeah.....everyone is different. i believe you. my detox was planned but I tapered too fast so it was like I was on 50mgs when I went to a detox place, i was losing my mind too....couldn't study or write papers for my classes, hard feeling to explain...total confusion.

why did you end up at the clinic?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

The reason I started going to the clinic was because I had a 2 year Oxy and hydro problem.I would take 10-15 10mg Hydros and snort a few oxy 20 0r 40s.I mean I love it when I first started using I was like superman with an itch lol.My nose and arms would itch all the damn time.But man I was wide open and felt great but the last year I was using its like it took way to much to get high.And having a clinic just open in my hometown and hearing about methadone from my fellows dopers it sounded great.So I started going back in 08 they started me out at 25mg liquid.I couldnt really tell anything til I got up to like 45 mgs maybe.Then after that i was high all the time til I maxed out.Then it was like the hydros and ocs.I just couldnt get high no more.And the doctor at this clinic was an ass about taking people over 100 mgs that was on hydros and ocs.The people that was on herion had no trouble going over 100mgs but we pill heads couldnt.I guess that was cool too cause I really didnt wanna go over.I stayed at 85mgs the whole 3rd year.And then when I went up 100mgs the last year it was no change in the feeling.I got to the point where I didnt wanna do anything but sit around and drink coffee with loads of sugar in it.OMG let me tell you crave only foods with sugar nothing else is good.And the vitadone vitamins you get from the clinic doesnt really help
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:13 am

Que....I think people are getting you confused with the guy who started this thread...he claimed to CT off 320 Mg of methadone.
I would suggest bailing on this thread and using just the other one as Stepper and I suggested..
I believe you...but was skeptical of the other guys story.(see previous posts on this thread) I'm sorry that your experience was questioned..I'm sure it's a case of mistaken idenity.
LOL...it's hard for me to believe anyone could get off Meth...!!!!! Your a champ!!! Jules
Substrate

Previous

Return to Methadone Sux