Methadone detox plan

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: Methadone detox plan

Postby cheeps » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Flexiril, baclofen, thorazine, clonidine, valium.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby pixie_69 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Hey guys I was reading your stuff you wrote. I was addicted to 5 mili percocet for 3 years I came to the methadone clinic I been there for a year the highesti was on was 45 I am now on 19 mili from detoxing by going down 1 mili a week and I am doing fine. I work out 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs a day. I been doing well so far I am very mentally strong to get outta that hell hole long line worthless place I'm not on nothing haven't touched a pill since I had my c section that was 6 months ago. I used to snort pills bad those yes I'm thankful for the clinic but its hell waitin forever sometimes. I'm just hoping when I keep going down I'll be ok. My plan is going to zero and I'm sticking with.it! I reccomend people who wanna get off do it slow like I am be active I'm ok so far and I hope it stays that way.
pixie_69

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 am

Hi Pixie,
I did what your doing and hit the wall at 10mg. I managed to get to 7mg but I had constant crushing headaches. I tried jumping but I just couldnt take the pain. That's the only reason I went to sub...I just couldn't handle the WD of meth after being on it 12 yrs. I should have just tapered the sub right away, but ended up on that for a yr..(I tapered from 12-4 in the first week)
Stay in touch. I'm really interested to see how you do after 10mg.
Everyone is different and I've seen people taper off meth.Even the jump from 1mg can be tough. It's amazing how potent sub and meth are.
Congrats on getting free!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby pixie_69 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am

Hey jules I sure will keep in touch I'm doing so well I am feeling great. Like I said I workout 5-6 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day I been working out there for 5 months now and I am assigned a counsler at the.clinic and she's been there for years and she says that's a very good way to get off metha I had my baby girl 6 months ago and she had no with drawl symptoms the highest I ever been on was 45 mili and I had to stay on that cause of being pregnant and as soon as I had her I started goin down right after I had her 1 mili a week every Saturday I come down 1 so tomorrow it will be 18 I think I'm doing good cause I am a very strong minded person I stick with what I say I'm gonna do I don't listen to what anyone says cause I know me and my body. I feel great right now plus I'm doing it super slow coming down. I will keep updated on my pregress. I will help people through like I need support my only support is my dad. I'm just sick of depending on something to make me feel "normal" i want to wake up and not depend on anything and my mind is stuck on being strong and gettin off this shit! I have not craved a pill over a year since I started and I'll never do another one again I know myself nope won't do it again won't relapse I'm super strong!
pixie_69

Postby cheeps » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Keep up the strong thoughts pixie....you can so do this....read nopiods thread. His work outs really helped him detox.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Finallyfree6/10/13 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Congrats on making the decision to end your relationship with meth. I substituted mine with sub 10 years ago. I wish I would've tapered on meth but jumped at 40 by going to rehab. In hind site maybe I should've talked to counsellor at meth clinic cuz going to rehab put me they the worst 11 days of my life. Then dr told me about the "miracle" drug that would take all my pain away. In came sub into my life. I was a slave for 10 years. Long story I know. Just saying good luck and don't let ANYONE talk u into sub.
Fentanyl/Oxy 2001-2003
Meth 1-2 months 2003
Suboxone 2003-6/10/2013
Surgery 6/21/13
Took SOA till 7/13/13
SUB FREE SINCE 6/10/13! :)
Finallyfree6/10/13

Postby pixie_69 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:54 am

I won't let.anyone tell me what to do I'm doing fine detoxing off metha I'm on 18 mili now and doing fine. I read someone said working out helps and yes I would reccomend it strongly if you can I been working out for 5 months now 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day and let me tell you it helps so much I feel so much better after plus I'm obsessed with working out period. I'm just saying coming from 45 mili to 18 now I feel great no with drawl symptoms I hope it stays that way I been going down 1 mili a week every sat I go down and doing it slow like this.is the best thing I can ever so to help myself on getting off metha. I've had a lot of patience and I'm going down to 0 I have a very strong mind set on doing it that way I will not let them tell me to do more than 1 a week I am just so proud of myself on how far I've became and still goin down! Almost done and will never get myself in this situation ever again I'm stronger than this taking over my life!
pixie_69

Previous

Return to Methadone Sux