Maybe this time!

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Maybe this time!

Postby Willthiseverend » Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 am

I have been on Methadone for 2 years, kept it at 55 mg for fear of never coming off...Long story short, took me months but I tapered down to 10 and stopped going and for the past 20 days been eating an obscene amount of Oxy's for the most part. What the hell do I do now? It's be 20 days with no methadone....it couldn't be as simple as eating some benzo's for a few days, going thru the withdrawals of the oxy's over the weekend and feeling like shit for a week?

Any suggestions?
Willthiseverend

Re: Maybe this time!

Postby syd » Wed May 11, 2016 7:50 am

How many mg. of Oxy are you currently taking per day?

Depending on what you call an insane amount, you may have increased your tolerance to opiates thus facing a tougher withdrawal than had you just jumped from the 10mg of methadone and left it at that.
syd

Postby cheeps » Wed May 11, 2016 2:49 pm

I said jump off the Oxus and go for it. Don't get any further into the oxy...taper it for two weeks and take the plunge!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Willthiseverend » Wed May 11, 2016 8:43 pm

I only have enough oxy's to where I can take like 70 milligrams tomorrow and I have around 100 mg of hydrocodone. I plan on taking what I have to take tomorrow so I can work, plus I have 20 clonidine and 20 Xanax. I have to work, but I think I can take a few hydro's and clonidine on Friday morning and start getting sick at work and I can come home and sleep. I was taking 200 mg of oxy to get off the Methadone. I can't taper down, I literally have no more funds to get anything. I'd have to break the law and of course the risk it too high. I was a heroine addict 10 years ago, and have "kicked" many times. I went 8.5 years clean and relapsed after a car accident and got hooked on pain meds, got on Methadone to get off the pain meds and the mad cycle continues. I have to go thru the withdrawals, I just have no choice. I'm hoping the oxy withdrawal is similar to a heroine withdrawal.
Willthiseverend

Postby cheeps » Fri May 13, 2016 6:32 pm

How are you feeling so far?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Willthiseverend » Mon May 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Well I feel like shit, I can't eat, have the runs and more than anything my body aches to no end. Suffered all weekend on the couch, with anxiety gripping at my chest wanting to cut my chest out lol. I had to go to work today and took clonidine and tylenol but the body aches won't go away. I forced down 2 ensures and drink ton's of Gatorade. I don't know who long this will take but I can take an Xanax and sleep for 3/4 at a time. Any ideas on what do to for the pain? How to eat? I hope I am on the down slope???

I think switching from 10 milligrams of methadone to oxy's for 2/3 weeks, allowed me to get his far??? I will start my NA 90 meeting in 90 days, get a sponsor etc etc as soon as I take my last Xanax and Clonidine.
Willthiseverend

Postby cheeps » Tue May 17, 2016 10:33 am

You need to change that liquid sugar to pure filtered water....and of course drinks tons. Get Imodium and take quadruple the recommended dose....it takes several hours to kick in. If the runs turn into constipation then take a plain stool softener with every meal.

You can do this every other day for a couple weeks without getting addicted....that can happen if you use it for a month everyday.

If you can, switch to ibuprofen for the body aches and lead suit....you just have to push through this...it's something walking and time can heal.

Walk, stagger, do what ever you can...it gets the endorphins going. Smoke pot if you need to and don't have a problem with it.

You are doing this and you just have to worry about today. If you have to....get the flu and stay at home for a week if you can't function at work or be honest. Being honest with your boss may be something to think about. EVERYONE has been affected by addiction in the family...you never know if this is true until you tell them.

Can you get some gabapentin from your dr? This really really helps and detox centers are now using it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Methadone Sux