HELP

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: HELP

Postby cheeps » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 pm

OK...but fuck whomever would judge someone trying to get off shit. Butt Fuck them. :evil: It may be unnerving for you and I apologize but we go thru this quite a bit. You are an anonymous person here... 8-)

There is nothing wrong with you...getting off LAO's (long Acting opiates) is hard to do. Most of the people here are very deep, funny, smart, creative peeps :wired: ...the ones that aren't, must be those parents you are talking about. :problem: :P :lol:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:51 pm

People usually end up trying to rush through detox, for what ever reason.

If your improving, then hang tough- :thumbup:

Withdrawal makes your emotions go wild for a while... It happens to everyone, as far as I know... Regardless of weather or not your taking psych drugs.

It's so worth it though, to finally let your emotions and personality shine through again, after wading through year after year, trapped in a methadone fog-

Domm, I don't think anyone is keeping tabs on you on this site, unless you have told someone that your posting here.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby syd » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:33 am

We all made mistakes tapering. Most people dont even find this site till they have failed attempts. It's through our collective experiences that we figured out the proper way to do this shit.

I doubt seriously any parents are reading here as a deterrent for keeping their kids off drugs. Most people dont come here unless a problem already exists.

Dont be ashamed that you made some mistakes. So fucking what? You had the courage and determination to push thru. And when the going got tough, you didnt give up, but sought help so that you could continue. That's pretty powerful stuff.

The important thing is you are all the way down to 5mg. In the methadone world, that is a HUGE accomplishment. You are SO close to being free.
syd

Postby D.O.M.M. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Ok You guys are right The new meds did helped me sleep for a few hours. But the anxiety is so bad I have to raise my dose. I will go to 4 mil every 12 hours instead of 5 daily. I really wanted to just power through this but the WD's are so prolonged and change daily. NO WONDER NO ONE GET'S OFF THIS SHIT. Also, the lack of sleep has had a stacking effect over the weeks and I seem to be getting less intelligent with each passing day. The physical part has gotten better but now I am just overstimulated all the time. To anxious to stay still or concentrate but to tired to move. My doc told me to NOT take the gabapentin anymore but wouldn't explain why. I am actually a pretty intelligent guy but these last few months I have felt like a kid with autism. (I work with people with disabilities). I wanted to pm this to all of you but i am so anxious i'm just posting it here.
D.O.M.M.

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Why.....gaba is very effective for anxiety...VERY much so....is this the methadone dr or your own PCP?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:19 am

Wise decision Domm-
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby D.O.M.M. » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Hey everybody,

I just want to say thanks for all your replies and support. I want you to know even if it doesn't seem like it I have taken everything you have all said very seriously. It's good to know there are people out there who care and want to help. It's hard to express or feel gratitude when you are very sick (as I am sure you all know). I think you are all good people and I will post here again when I am clean and can thank you all properly.
D.O.M.M.

Postby amery2u » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Haya DoMM...

Good luck on your journey; you've found the right place and the right people.

Hang in day by day; I am!

Amery
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby D.O.M.M. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Hey Guys, I am 70 days clean :cheers:. I ended up in southbend Indiana at a place called Choices for detox and rehab. I dont want this to be a morbid post so I am not going to describe what happened to me during my final detox. I just want to post some information I discovered from personal experience as well as watching many others go through the same thing.

1) Methadone destroys the bones and ligaments. Especially in the knees and back. (NO IT IS NOT A MYTH)

2) Methadone is very dangerous and can trigger autoimmune disorders

3) Methadone wreaks havoc on the gastrointestinal system, the thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal glands

4) Methadone Rots teeth (NO MYTH)

5) Methadone lowers testosterone

6) Methadone related deaths are the highest of any opiate including heroin.

7) Methadone is toxic to the body and stores in fat, skin, and muscle cells.

On a personal note I just want to say that Methadone Maintenance Therapy often destroys the mind, body, and soul of the user and is a sick and inhumane practice.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP AND SUPPORT ME. SORRY FOR THE INSANITY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
D.O.M.M.

Postby cheeps » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:34 pm

Hey DOMM...congrats on going thru hell and coming out on the "Other Side"!!!

Here's ya two little bananas for each month!! :banana: :banana:

I'm so glad you posted that blurb, it is sooo true! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Methadone Sux