Clinic Administering Wrong Dose

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Clinic Administering Wrong Dose

Postby PrettyInPain » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Hey guys!

I know I have my own taper thread, but I have an important question that I thought should be addressed in a different post. As some of you know, my boyfriend is on a methadone taper (as well as me). He is at 2mg. However, he has not been receiving 2mg. When he gets his methadone, the cup is WAY more full than the tiny 2mg drop. It is more like a 10-15mg sized dose. The nurses said the machines weren't working, but they haven't gotten them fixed and this keeps happening. I am at 4mg, but my dose seems to be small enough size-wise. His counselor even observed the dose to see the problem, but no one has done anything about it and he's just a been having to spike his dose because of their fuck up. This seems incredibly unprofessional, unfair, and even illegal. Not to mention it fucks up his taper. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What can he do? No one at the methadone clinic has addressed this problem or even cared. I wonder how many other people are getting an inadequate dose as well. :evil:
I finally jumped!!! First day methadone-free: 12/16/14
Winter's gonna end, I'm gonna clean these veins again, so close to dying that I finally can start living.
For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. 

So collapse. 
Crumble.
 This is not your destruction. 

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Re: Clinic Administering Wrong Dose

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Google "we speak methadone". It's a methadone advocate board. Ask them who to call. That's fucked up!
There should be a methadone advocate working with your clinic too.
That's just not right after all your hard work. They should have you on the low dose pills if they can't keep their shit straight!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby PrettyInPain » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:33 am

Jules, I will google it now. It's crazy how we can lose all our rights for one fuck up, but they have no accountability for their fuck up. Thank you for the advice, hunny. I just can't believe they can't get it together. :evil:
Winter's gonna end, I'm gonna clean these veins again, so close to dying that I finally can start living.
For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. 

So collapse. 
Crumble.

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Wow.....that is horrible pip.....can he pour any out? Insanity.....they probably do this shit on purpose to keep you locked in....somebody is an evil tech.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby PrettyInPain » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 am

Cheeps, it really is awful. Is there anything we can buy to measure the methadone ourselves? Our nurses admitted to not knowing the conversion technology. There has got to be some sort of dropper that can measure small amounts of milligrams, right? My BF has researched for hours but can't find any info about it. We are pissed and we both think this is unacceptable. They keep saying they're looking into it but they never do :evil: even his take home doses are way too huge and it's fucking up his taper royally!

So collapse. 
Crumble.

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby PrettyInPain » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:15 am

On a lighter note, is that your puppy in the avatar? He/she is so damn cute!

So collapse. 
Crumble.

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:23 am

Do they pump it out of a big white gallon jug with a pump on top...the pink stuff? It's got to be near impossible to measure that low.
When I got take homes the amounts in the individual bottles could vary greatly. I asked about it and they said they added unmeasured cool aide to each bottle. I think that was BS. It looked like the straight syrup.
Did you google methadone advocates or Wespeekmethadone?
Clinics just don't give a shit. Sad but true.
Do they have pills at your clinic? The 10mg ones?

I think that's Cheeps stud dog...I bet he makes cute pups!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby cheeps » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:45 am

That's my little girl....she's going to be a mommy soon.

I have a white and red girl too.....November 20th is puppy day!!

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:49 am

Hope this isn't huge....my son and one of my dogs. RIP LeeLee.....she was hit by a car three years ago...sigh.

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:25 am

Your sons really handsome Cheeps.
RIP leelee (I had a dog hit and killed instantly (thank god) and I felt like a terrible mommy, but she snuck out and walked out on the road) We buried her in our vegetable garden and grew beautiful strawberries over her. I can't see a strawberry without thinking about Jetta and that was about 25 yrs ago...
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby PrettyInPain » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:07 pm

Cheeps, all your dogs are just too darling! And I'm sorry about what happened to Leelee. And Jules, I'm sorry about Jetta too. The strawberry garden was a great way to commemorate her though. I still want to make a memorial for our dog, but it seems like life just doesn't stop long enough for me to get anything done. :evil: Cheeps, I bet those puppies will be so darling! What a great thing to look forward to. :D

Jules, yup, we have the big white bottles with little pumps on top. I bet they've been fucking up everyone's doses. I can't believe they said they added unmeasured Koolaid to each bottle at your old clinic. WTF? I don't know if the clinic has the 10mg pills, but I doubt it because it would make actual sense. But you can bet your ass I'll be asking this week when I go in there. I feel like this is the worst thing they could put someone through on a taper. They should be educated enough to know that spiking someone's dose is unacceptable. Both of us are so angry. If we didn't have jobs, I guarantee you we'd both be jumping :ogeez:

So collapse. 
Crumble.

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby cheeps » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Thanks ladies....I love me doggies and my son....here's one of him and my mom. Pip....I'd love to come out there in my steroid induced rage and kick some asses. To be so close, to put in so much time and WILL to a taper and have some idiot bozos who just don't give a fuck undo your hard work! It's got to be against policy somewhere and some SOB needs to have their ass handed to them roasted and doused with rubbing alcohol......fucking burns me up!!

Pete and Mom

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby PrettyInPain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:15 am

Cheeps,

You have a lovely family! Thanks for sharing with us :kiss:

And happy November! I can't believe October flew by so quickly.

As far as my asshole clinic, they're supposedly having a nurse from another clinic train them to measure the small doses by hand. What concerns me is that we are obviously the only ones at the clinic that are getting off this garbage since this is a foreign issue to them. I wish my clinic was a little more lax on the drug tests when you're so close to being off methadone, because there is not a snowflake's chance in hell that someone wouldn't cave sooner or later to try to relieve methadone WDs. But I'm about to lose take home "privileges" because my piss is dirty as fuck :twisted: :shrug:

So collapse. 
Crumble.

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby cheeps » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:57 am

what else do you have in that lemonade besides opies? :lol: :lol: :twisted: 8-). I wish you could switch over to sub if they kick you to the curb.

Hey anyone.....we needs some leftover sub over here!!!! For a good cause only...

I know this is side tracking and off topic but I have spent the last hour texting with one of those puppy scammmers in the local classifieds. So much fun to dole out dribble to them.

She keeps whining, "I don't wanna sale her but I don't have time for her" I keep asking her questions about the dog and she has YET to tell me anything except this shipping is $260 and the puppy is free. Right. LOLOL.....now she's telling me she's busy. I told her to hurry up because I need to go to the ATM. And about ten more annoying questions.... :mrgreen:

Pip.....I'm serious about switching to sub.....can you find any at all?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 pm

I say forget the sub, instead focus on stocking up on non-opioid comfort meds and just jump already-
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Yes...your SO low already, I'm not sure it would even really help going to sub. Certainly not more than .25mg if you do...
Cheeps..I hate those scammers..they have the same pictures of free baby monkeys, puppies and parrots in all the major cities. Fuck with them Goooooood! :twisted:
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Return to Methadone Sux