Quitting Meth Cold Turkey....need help

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: Quitting Meth Cold Turkey....need help

Postby Baglady » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Day 21- He set up half the night worrying about how bad today was gonna be after having a couple of decent days. He did sleep and didn't get up until about 11:00. He did have a decent day today. He knows he's got more bad days coming. Hopefully he'll have some flexirall tomorrow. Jules- You're right about the lopermide, When he takes 8 or 10 of them it hurts his stomach.
Baglady

Re: Quitting Meth Cold Turkey....need help

Postby Baglady » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Update: It's day 34 and he is still hanging in there. The headaches are really bad but he says everything else is getting better by the day. This whole ordeal has really wiped him out physically. He did a little mowing the other day and it put him on the couch for two days. The flexerall was a big help, he's still taking xanax and smoking good weed. He didn't sleep at all last night and had a migraine this morning but after lunch he felt much better and has been up and about. For the most part he usually sleeps o.k. just every now and then he can't. He seems more upbeat now and says he has definately made it over the hump. I'm doing better too. My nerves have settled down and I'm not worrying like I was. I really felt like he would have to call it quits and go back to the clinic. He has learned that if he forces himself to do something physical it wears him out but he does feel better. Our work load is really heavy and I'm having to pull his weight too. Next week I'm borrowing my dad's bobcat for a while to do a bunch of grading and stuff around here. He is really looking forward to doing that for a few weeks. He can work at his own pace and start building himself back up. We talked about things today. He said this has been a total nightmare from hell and he admitted that several times he was on the verge of throwing in the towel and going back to the clinic but he's glad he didn't. I guess every day that goes by gives you some motivation to keep going. WOW! Day 34!!! I think back to day 10 when he literally came unglued, I felt helpless and completely terrified. I came here and you guys educated me. What I learned was shocking and it wasn't what I wanted to hear but at least I got some ammunition to help him fight. He stills feels like shit but it ain't near as bad as it was. Day 34!! WOW!!
Baglady

Previous

Return to Methadone Sux