Needing help with my Methadone taper please

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: Needing help with my Methadone taper please

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Lisa...withdrawl is painful, there's no way around it. Trading one opiate for another just delays the inevitable..WITHDRAWL. You have to except that you'll feel like shit for awhile. Trading one opiate for another is just like trading seats on the Titanic.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby TickledPink » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Hey,
So I didn't take the Norco like I had been today and I feel like hell! Woke up this morning and took clonidine 0.1mg
multi vitamin, omega 3-6-9 and I still felt bad. So I screwed up and broke half of a Norco 7/325 in half and just took it just to try to feel better. I hate that I did that! I hadn't taken any since 10pm last night. Are the methadone withdrawals over or should they be now or am I now feeling withdrawal from Norco? Its day 12 without methadone so should I still be feeling the worst withdrawals from that? I thought I could take the pain meds to ease the withdrawal from methadone if I didn't take it for too long. I only have 10 Norcos left now so is it not a good idea to break them in half to try to taper and take them 1 or 2 times a day until gone then no more? Then what do will feeling the worst be over? Im sorry if I keep buggin!I just feel like shit. How do I get through this? I know your right Jules, I don't want to substitute one for another so thank you for your helpful advice. I appreciate it! Lisa
TickledPink

Postby PrettyInPain » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you're going through all this. From my understanding, initial withdrawl can last about 3 weeks. Of course, all our bodies are different and we don't all feel just one way- but it does suck and it is hard. Just hang tight and take it one day at a time, you're getting SO close to getting through the worst of it. Being on a slow taper sucks so I know how hard it must be for you. Take care sweetie, there is a light at the end of this shit fest of a tunnel!
I finally jumped!!! First day methadone-free: 12/16/14
Winter's gonna end, I'm gonna clean these veins again, so close to dying that I finally can start living.
For a star to be born, there is one thing that must happen: a gaseous nebula must collapse. 

So collapse. 
Crumble.
 This is not your destruction. 

This is your birth.
PrettyInPain

Postby TickledPink » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 am

Hi pretty in pain,
So i stopped taking all opiate pain meds.I took last one on friday 10/11/13 at 6pm. Its now Sunday morning and im scared now since I know how im feeling and going to feel later. The only meds im taking now are clonidine .1mg, ativan .5mg, zofran for nausea and ibuprofen for pain, loperamide 7 twice a day but im not sure how much I can take safely or else I would take more. Does loperamide prolong withdrawal? I have epsom salts but only used them twice.I. still have about 8 xanax but that stuffs from last year so I dont know if its really working like it should. I wish I could see some light in what seems to be a dark tunnell now. Is there any thing that I can buy that will help flush all these meds out of my system now to speed things along. Someone I know used to have to go to his p.o to be drug tested and he would buy some expensive drink from somewheres to make his urine turn negative for drugs even though he was using. Does anyone know if that type of drink would help speed this withdrawal period along? I have something called milk thistle but I stopped taking it because I read it would keep opiates in my system longer when I thought it would help with getting this stuff and methadone metabolites out of my system. At this point I know theres know easy way out. Its day 17 without methadone. I guess I would have been feeling a little better by now if I hadnt been taking anything else since being on methadone. So please correct me if im wrong but am I in withdrawal now from the sao I just stopped taking or is it still methadone withdrawal? Hell, its probably both. This really sux! Thank you for your help!
TickledPink

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 pm

You can take a shitload of imodium for the next two weeks....this is crunch time Lisa.....this is the really suck part and every day you need to get on here and say, I FEEL LIKE SMASHED DOGSHIT!!! You can bitch like hell....because you are now in full detox mode....you may certainly take those norcos until they are gone....take no more than one every 6 hours. Those xanax are still good....wait to take them until you feel really jerky because that will be when the opies come off your receptors....about 48-64 hours after your last dose of norco....soon you need to keep a record of when you take things because you might not remember when you do....

Who is at home with you for the next week or two?

If you haven't started overkill with the water...do so now. We are here for you...we will be here every day....
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Justjules13 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:31 am

Lisa....how you doing? Check in, K?
I know it feels like it's never going to get better...but it does. Hang in there Hon!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby TickledPink » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi,
I was hoping I would be feeling better by this evening since it will be 96 hours at 6pm since I have taken any opiate pain meds, but I guess I wont. When will I feel better? The clonidine I think has helped. I took 30 Loperamide yesterday divided into 3 doses of 10 pills at a time. Im all out of Ativan but still have some Xanax .5mg but only about 9 I think. It doesn't seem to help as long as what the Ativan did. I don't like taking this stuff because it makes me sleepy and I have to take care of my kids during the day without help till my husband gets home. Its been 11 hours since I took a dose of clonidine cuz it makes me so sleepy. When should I stop taking the clonidine? Its Tuesday and I have been taking it 3 times a day since Saturday, with the exception of today cuz I only took it once so far today at 3:30 am when I was woke up from my sleep feeling terrible. I know its getting on my husbands nerves cuz I haven't felt well and honestly I just laid around in bed since Saturday feeling like shit. Except for today because I made myself get up and out of that bed and I took 1 Xanax a vitamin and have been drinking water and green tea. Im having trouble sleeping and when I do fall asleep, I end up waking up in the middle of the night. I feel like I need to take something to give me energy. I used to drink 2 pots of coffee while on methadone with lots of creamer but now I think its nasty. Thats so weird. Should today be the last day that I need clonidine and Xanax? I want to feel better but im scared to take it for too long. Will I feel better tomorrow? Im so irritable! I did lose 11 pounds with doing absolutely nothing so that's weird but a good thing. Can someone please tell me when to stop the clonidine and Xanax? This is so hard and when people I live with get on my nerves it makes it so much harder. This really sux bad! Im sorry I really don't feel like typing anymore right now. Thanks so much for all your support cuz I really need it right now. Lisa
TickledPink

Postby Justjules13 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:47 pm

I can't answer about the clonidine...cuz the stuff makes me feel sick.
Meth and sub WD lasts a long time. 2-3 weeks. You've gotta be in this for the long haul.
I'd keep taking the Xanax but save it o help you sleep.
Drink lots of water..your weight loss is caused by dehydration and that makes you feel MUCH worse.
Instead of 30 Lopermide pills, try 20 in the morning....it should help things thru the whole day.
Hang in there!
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby StuckOnSub » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi there. I don't really have any experience with methadone (I'm on sub) but I did take Clonidine for many many years. It is just a mild blood pressure medication and is not addictive, so you really don't need to worry much about how long you take it. If it helps, then keep taking it! There is no w/d when you stop or anything. I was on it for many years (like I mentioned above) and my dr just had me do a quick 1 week taper when he had me stop. I took one every other day for a week and then just stopped. It was very easy. Like I said, no w/d or anything.

Well, hang in there! Just think, in a short time you will not be chained to this damn medication any more. You will never again have to worry about taking your next dose to keep from being sick. Never have to go to that clinic again. Never have to worry about w/d again! You are soo close! Stay strong!
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Dee » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi- I see that it's been awhile since you've been on here and was just wondering how you're doing?
Were you able to stick with methadone detox? If not, please don't feel ashamed in letting us know! Everyone here knows the horrific pain and how hard it is to get off this poison.
If you were able to get through it, I'd love to hear more about your journey since I'm doing a methadone taper right now as well. Would love to hear your opinion on some do's and dont's, what helped, what didn't? If you had to back on methadone, do you have another taper plan in place?
Hope all is well with you!! Please give us an update :-)
Dee
Dee

Previous

Return to Methadone Sux