Anyone here lost a loved one to Methadone?

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Anyone here lost a loved one to Methadone?

Postby Plain Paige » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 am

Hi everyone, about 2 1/2 years before I ended up on Methadone, my best friend died from an overdose of Methadone & Xanax. She was the most amazing woman. She had faced a lot in her life, things that most only read about in fiction novels. Example?? Her mother seduced her husband and the father of her own grandchildren... Gosh, that must've broken her heart. I can't begin to imagine...
These experiences, combined with family predisposition caused her to used drugs for emotional pain. Before she got addicted, she had some of the funniest stories. But, then she found OxyContin. She went thru detox and a wonderful all women's treatment center. She tried so hard, but she just couldn't break free. Somewhere along the line she found Methadone, I think she might have been going to a clinic. When she started having problems with it, her husband took a leave from the Navy and God Bless her, she cold turkey'd it at home. But, after he left, she went back to the Methadone. It wasn't long after that, we lost her. I will never forget her and nothing she did could ever make me think she was anything but the beautiful woman I was blessed to know.
RIP Camille :angel:
"We are stardust, we are golden..." Joni Mitchell
Plain Paige

Re: Anyone here lost a loved one to Methadone?

Postby nootlsjr » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 am

i seen many people die from drugs, i seen people's bodys rot inside out on them from meth, and ive seen alot of people oding/suicide, from pain of meth wd. i said i would never touch it in my life, and i havnt, yet i ended up on sub, thinkn it was half as powerfull as h, or why would the doc recomend it, or at the time i just didnt care. meth is evil to me and took alot of lives, seen people start getting bloated and there insides start giving out on them, young people too, 10 years of heavy use and your insides are hurtn like you would never beleive.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby Plain Paige » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Bloated here... Methadone blew me up like a balloon. Withdrawal knocked 12 lbs off, so that's a plus. I think most of the docs hate Methadone too. When I 'long' for the lack of anxiety I felt on Methadone, I try to think about some of the stuff you said, the bad stuff. I slept a few good years away on Methadone. I got to like being able to sit down and fall asleep any time I wanted. Strange the things I began to cherish, sleeping all the time?? What's that?? I tell you what it ain't, it ain't really living.
"We are stardust, we are golden..." Joni Mitchell
Plain Paige

Postby tryinfornormal » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 pm

I never lost anyone myself, my husband lost his bestfriend from a combo of methadone and benzo sounds the same as your friend. The thing I lost was myself, I recently had a heart attack caused by a prolonged QT(heart wasnt charging right) I was a few secounds away from loseing my life my five children and husband would have had to bear that not me but I have gotten from that a determination to not die young and to be clean when my time comes a new lease on life. Before that I was content to live in the meth and benzo func the drs allowed me to beleive was ok but not anymore!
I say I am looking for normal but will settle for being content. Everyday is a new day and a new chance to find your happiness!
tryinfornormal

Postby pirana » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:50 am

I damn near died from the shit about 14 years ago & I was on a clinic. My wife came home & found me unresponsive & turning blue. She got the next door neighbor over who told her to call an ambulance & all I remember was waking up in the ER. I had been out the night before shooting cocaine so that probably didn't help plus I had a horrible respiratory infection at the time. My wife didn't know I was on methadone. A few weeks later i walked away from the program & cold turkeyed. The most horrible experience of withdrawal in my life. It's a wonder I didn't blow my brains out. Methadone is a killer.
pirana

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:35 pm

A physical nightmare that you can't get away from...I cannot imagine doing it with a fantastic detox place.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Methadone Sux