I'm new and need advice...

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: I'm new and need advice...

Postby Plain Paige » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 am

Thanks all, for support. I'm still holding at 90 mgs of Morphine, even tho he ok'd an extra 2 MS IR 15's (for a daily total of 120 mgs allowed). It's the strangest thing. When I was on the MS Contin 30's, I was taking xtra, as I fessed up, above. The total was daily, 120mgs. But, since he changed the MS contin to MS Extended Release, the 30's have blasted my ass off!! WTF?? I don't get it... The important thing IS, I'm taking LESS than prescribed and, I can SLEEP. I still wake up every morning, in mild w/d. But, the pain is manageable and I can SLEEP! Did I mention I can sleep? I'm feeling like SUPER GROVER!! Think I might make that my Id!
"We are stardust, we are golden..." Joni Mitchell
Plain Paige

Postby emily » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Paige
Just wondering how you are doing. Hope you are feeling better and getting those tests set up!
emily

Postby Plain Paige » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:26 pm

All is well, not deviating from prescription schedule. Going to get tests done today! Happy Joys!! At least it's not a CT Scan, hate those suckers. All sorts of crazy stuff goes thru my head when I'm claustrophobic. Like... "I wonder what they would do, if I just ripped all this shit outta my veins and ran screaming wildly, down the hall way." I'd probably end up on the 7th floor of UF @ Shands. I'll just dream about doing that one, won't actually give in to my fantasies. Thanks Em, for asking. <3 Paige
Plain Paige

Postby doperdog » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Paige,
I've ready your thread and it sounds like you're going through an awful lot. i'm sorry you have to deal with so much. i'm left wondering what your ultimate goal is re:opiates. is it to cease taking the MS IR and MS Contin and switch to something else, to get off opiates altogether or to maintain indefinitely? Do you consider yourself a chronic pain patient or do you regard this as a period of extended acute and sub-acute pain? What does the doctor think about your future? Does he or she plan to dose you indefinitely or have you discussed an exit strategy?
“Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.” - George Carlin
doperdog
Global Moderator

Postby Plain Paige » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:08 pm

doperdog wrote:Hi Paige,
I've ready your thread and it sounds like you're going through an awful lot. i'm sorry you have to deal with so much. i'm left wondering what your ultimate goal is re:opiates. is it to cease taking the MS IR and MS Contin and switch to something else, to get off opiates altogether or to maintain indefinitely? Do you consider yourself a chronic pain patient or do you regard this as a period of extended acute and sub-acute pain? What does the doctor think about your future? Does he or she plan to dose you indefinitely or have you discussed an exit strategy?

Hi DD,

I have chronic pain, but I think/hope I can do without opiates. I was never an overweight individual, but steroids during Chemo and Methadone really slowed me down, I gained weight. I believe when I drop most of my extra weight (lost 15-20lbs, depending on the scale, I LIKE the 20lbs myself) that a lot of my pain and blood pressure issues will resolve. So, to answer your question: Me nor my Doc want me on Morphine forever.
My son is walking with me, I really only need to lose about 50 more pounds. But, I'm 43 and let me tell you, it's like hammering away at steel. My goal is to try another jump next January, I can not have another Christmas like last one (in withdrawal). But just today, I was thinking about how truly BAD I feel on Morphine. My gut hurts from the constant lack of motility, I'm depressed, etc... Nothing about this drug feels good to me. I am staying on track now, I'm not upping any doses for better pain relief. I get what I get each month and that's that! Five or Six days of a little extra pain relief, when I'm more active, is NOT worth withdrawal. By God's grace, I WILL be free from opiates. I get so much out of coming here. I forget who said that they watch LOCKUP RAW, to remind them what happens on drugs. I come here as often as possible, so I remember NOT to take MORE. Less has always been more, it's the same with regard to opiates...

Thanks for your inquiry!

Paige
Plain Paige

Postby doperdog » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Plain Paige wrote:
doperdog wrote:Hi Paige,

Hi DD,

I have chronic pain, but I think/hope I can do without opiates. I was never an overweight individual, but steroids during Chemo and Methadone really slowed me down, I gained weight. I believe when I drop most of my extra weight (lost 15-20lbs, depending on the scale, I LIKE the 20lbs myself) that a lot of my pain and blood pressure issues will resolve. So, to answer your question: Me nor my Doc want me on Morphine forever.
My son is walking with me, I really only need to lose about 50 more pounds. But, I'm 43 and let me tell you, it's like hammering away at steel. My goal is to try another jump next January, I can not have another Christmas like last one (in withdrawal). But just today, I was thinking about how truly BAD I feel on Morphine. My gut hurts from the constant lack of motility, I'm depressed, etc... Nothing about this drug feels good to me. I am staying on track now, I'm not upping any doses for better pain relief. I get what I get each month and that's that! Five or Six days of a little extra pain relief, when I'm more active, is NOT worth withdrawal. By God's grace, I WILL be free from opiates. I get so much out of coming here. I forget who said that they watch LOCKUP RAW, to remind them what happens on drugs. I come here as often as possible, so I remember NOT to take MORE. Less has always been more, it's the same with regard to opiates...

Thanks for your inquiry!

Paige

I think I'm a little confused. While I can certainly see not wanting to go through withdrawal over the holidays, if you feel like crap on morphine, why would you wait until January to taper instead of trying it sooner? As you know, even if you take your meds as prescribed, you will probably experience some withdrawal symptoms, and being on morphine for a longer period of time certainly won't help. i don't understand why waiting until next year is preferable.
“Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.” - George Carlin
doperdog
Global Moderator

Postby CTCheryl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:06 am

No answer here? I'm waiting to see the response.
CTCheryl

Postby mimiluv » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm

CTCheryl wrote:No answer here? I'm waiting to see the response.

Hi Cheryl.. :D
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Poncho » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:23 pm

:popcorn:
Poncho

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

CTCheryl wrote:No answer here? I'm waiting to see the response.

Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby Paige » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:58 am

I think I'm a little confused. While I can certainly see not wanting to go through withdrawal over the holidays, if you feel like crap on morphine, why would you wait until January to taper instead of trying it sooner? As you know, even if you take your meds as prescribed, you will probably experience some withdrawal symptoms, and being on morphine for a longer period of time certainly won't help. i don't understand why waiting until next year is preferable.[/quote]

It hurts a lot when I exercise. It hurts a lot when I don't exercise... But, if I drop the weight and continue to exercise ( strengthen muscles ) regardless, when there's less weight on a compromised structure, it's bound to hurt less. I plan to use Morphine to get thru the pain until there's weight loss and strengthened muscles.

I'm not here to win friends and influence ppl., I have a goal and I use this place to keep from going down the tubes on Opiates. At this time, I'm about 28 pills to the good on MS IR, and right on track with the MS Contin. At first, when I saw your post, I thought you were inquiring out of concern DD, but you're not. You are like so many people I've met in meetings, along the way. You judge the OUTSIDE of ME, by the INSIDE of YOU. I am NOT exempt, that's why I'm here. I respect the dangerousness of opiates. But, I'm taking a shitload less than I'm allowed. And, IF, and I did say IF, your post was meant as some sort of "expose'" on why Paige has no need of her pain medication, I suggest you turn that high powered perspicacity on your self.
Paige

Postby Paige » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:00 am

Four horsemen, eat my shit! Maybe you'll get high from it! :lolno:
Paige

Postby Paige » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am

Poncho wrote::popcorn:

Another aphorism from Poncho... profound!

I bet you read picture books too, huh?

Use your WORDS dufus!
Paige

Postby tw15t3d » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 am

--
Last edited by tw15t3d on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby tw15t3d » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 am

--
tw15t3d

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi Paige-

You know, I'll be the first person around here to back you up. I know where your coming from, with chronic pain issues-

But the thing is, your "serious" post here in the methadone forum goes over a week with no response while your busy flaming it up in the WZ with people that have posted here for years.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby doperdog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Paige wrote:I think I'm a little confused. While I can certainly see not wanting to go through withdrawal over the holidays, if you feel like crap on morphine, why would you wait until January to taper instead of trying it sooner? As you know, even if you take your meds as prescribed, you will probably experience some withdrawal symptoms, and being on morphine for a longer period of time certainly won't help. i don't understand why waiting until next year is preferable.

It hurts a lot when I exercise. It hurts a lot when I don't exercise... But, if I drop the weight and continue to exercise ( strengthen muscles ) regardless, when there's less weight on a compromised structure, it's bound to hurt less. I plan to use Morphine to get thru the pain until there's weight loss and strengthened muscles.

I'm not here to win friends and influence ppl., I have a goal and I use this place to keep from going down the tubes on Opiates. At this time, I'm about 28 pills to the good on MS IR, and right on track with the MS Contin. At first, when I saw your post, I thought you were inquiring out of concern DD, but you're not. You are like so many people I've met in meetings, along the way. You judge the OUTSIDE of ME, by the INSIDE of YOU. I am NOT exempt, that's why I'm here. I respect the dangerousness of opiates. But, I'm taking a shitload less than I'm allowed. And, IF, and I did say IF, your post was meant as some sort of "expose'" on why Paige has no need of her pain medication, I suggest you turn that high powered perspicacity on your self.[/quote]

Whoa!
Re-read MY post. Exactly what was condescending or judgmental about it? I can only wonder why you chose to take it in that light. It was intended as a real question, not as a slap about your decision to continue to use opiates. That's up to you.
doperdog
Global Moderator

Postby Paige » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 am

To any newcomers: If you read this thread, do NOT be scared off. This is NOT the normal here on Subsux. Mixed in with all this bickering, there's been a lot of support behind the scenes. A friend PM'd me, worried that a newcomer might read this and be scared off. So, I thought to write this, just in case. Don't be afraid to start your own thread, this is not the "norm."

Unfortunately, some are sicker than others and I happen to really enjoy a good quarrel. Only wish I had the time to do it properly... But, I just didn't want someone in need of help to be scared away.

I wish there was a 'moon' emoticon!
Paige

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:48 pm

--
tw15t3d

Postby tw15t3d » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:09 pm

--
tw15t3d

PreviousNext

Return to Methadone Sux