My Detox Exp

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: My Detox Exp

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 am

I really like that Que....your a warrior!!! A warrior with 33 days today!!! THIRTY THREE!!!!!! Man, I would KILL for that!!! I know your wife is really proud of you. My BF is proud that I'm tapering..and his moral support really helps.
It's nice to have a cheerleader at home...
Substrate

Postby runthemachine » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:50 pm

My Man, Quebert....

Dude, I fessed up my total experience with m-done... which is a little bit of recreation with some pills (probably less than a dozen, total). Period. BUT... I'm not a stupid guy, either. and I've read a shit-ton about MMT, and I know it stacks up just on the North side of Subs, when it comes to trying to rid your fuckin' world of it. Bro... I have such insane, mad respect for you... and when I look at what you're doing, and think about my little 'battle' with SAOs... well, I can't take anything away from not only myself, but other people who are fighting for their lives in this. But I WILL just say, that... uh, yeah. You ARE a Warrior, my friend.

Can't fuckin' WAIT to have 33 days in MY rear-view. Good lad, my Brother... good Lad. Like I said... insane... MAD respect. And those 'down' days?? Yeah... you can pretty much count on those darkening your doorway now & then. But, from what I've read & learned, those days become much fewer... and much farther between, as your clean time stacks up.

I love what you wrote about NEVER putting dope in your body again. What a fuckin' awesome thing to know, huh??

Anyway, just wanted to pop in & give ya a hardy handshake and big props. I know you don't wanna hear that you're makin' this 'look easy'... 'specially after your rocky start on your thread. You're making this look DO-able!!! How's that??? And, quite obviously, not just any/everybody CAN 'DO' this. You're a Hellava, Brother... a Hellava.

Yer Pal,
GII
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Que » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 pm

Run ..Bro your battle is not a little battle!....your doing something that I could never do! If I was trying to taper off hydros/oxys or such I could never do it.I would end up using everything in front of me.I think you just pick a bad time to try this for one.You know being so close to Christmas.Everyone's got loads of stuff to do this time of the year.Man i just hope after your daughters Christmas program thats the last thing you got to do.That way you can start focusing on YOU. One thing I found out is that I could not worry about everyone else...I had to worry about getting myself healed.But I do understand about your daughter I got a 11 year old daughter also. Maybe when you do run out of pills the real fun will finally begin:) And if you get your hands of more...OMG im coming to your house and flush the shit myself!!!!!

So you see your really stronger than me.You can control how to take stuff and I never could.Like I said I would take everything in front of me just trying to get high.And only end up feeling slightly good or normal! Because I took so many and my tolerance was so high I guess.. And one thing I had was pills..omg there was 3 of us ordering pills from like 5 different doctors in Florida.This is before Tennessee got cut off and became a no ship to state.When I ended up using my last bottle thats when I went to meth clinic.I was sick of taking so many pills anyways you know.But just did not have the courage to give the pills up.Only when I had to is when I started MMT .I wouldnt take em I would chew em up!! Like 5 10s then drink a coke with it...awww man I loved that when I was getting high from it.Or snort an oxy and drink a coke,lol I always had to have a coke with pills that sealed the deal for me and tasted reaaal good.But now that I look back on it I see how sick and depended that I really was.I would wake up first thing popping pills and that pretty much last all day you know..I just got to the point were I couldn't do nothing without having dope in me.

awww here I go again telling my life story.I better stop here.Im just saying Run..Bro.You are strong.Just take care of your business first.Then let the w/d good times roll :)

Its funny now that I look back on it. I cant hardly remember shit these last 4 years.But I can tell you the first time I got high from pills,where it was ..who was there..time of the day...and everything about it.
2 1/2 year hydro/oxy habit
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby dmbas » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:27 pm

dam que, spent like half hour readn up on this, and that i thank you, but you now gottn me crushn advil in coke, and im a h/sub guy.lol. your glorifying the demon too much, been f'd up so long i have to dig for good memorys with opoids. just wantd to say your not alone out there hurtn, theres many of us that know how you feel and feel similair. the funny thing is i only remember the severity of wd when im withdrawing, like i could pinpoint all my detoxs and how i felt,lol. i got bad anxiaty/panic attacks, but i could remember times of like a heart pounding hyper ventalating feeln. so im not going to complain.

anyway, all i know about meth is its a killer. but for some twisted reason, it makes me feel better knowing theres more people suffering but gettn threw it. good luck and never give up,
dmbas

Postby Que » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Sorry I cut that short I had to go to the freaking store again with the wife and push the freaking buggy again!!
And I dam sure didn't feel like it because my daughter brought a freaking virus home from school and guess what...I caught it!!!! Now I ache all over my nose wont quit running my sneezing has increased!! So now I gotta get this cold over but its ok cause im taking her amoxicillin with her.Maybe that will help knock it out quicker.

Mimiluv , Substrate...Thanks for the love..yea you guys know my wife is my rock! If she wasn't here cheering me on I dont know what I would do.

and dmbas im not glorifying the demon.I just try to look at everything positive now and find humor in all the mistakes I made. LOL crushin advil in coke I got tickled when I read that ..Thanks...I love laughing now:)
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:04 pm

Hey Q,,
It seems everyone gets some sort of cold or virus or something during detox. It lowers the immune system...all the stress and worry. I think this is a real test...DONT GIVE IN...YOUR A FUCKEN WARRIOR!!! You might feel real shitty for a bit..but then it's smooth sailing! And I agree with Cheeps..pushing that cart is good excerise..lol( I think she said that!)
I need to catch a plane in six hours..I will try to check in daily..I will miss you guys but will be in touch!
Get better soon!
Jules
Substrate

Postby Sub zero » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Stick around for a while Que and let us know how you're doing after a month, two months, three months etc. I'd say you are pretty well past the acute stage...but I'm curious as Hell about any PAWS you might experience in the coming months.They tend to sneak up on you and strike you after you think you've put it all behind you. After quitting Sub, I felt great during months 2 thru 6...then BAM!!...mild WD-like symptoms just showed up one morning. I also blame my long-term problems on two years of high dose methadone...even though I switched to Sub for 6 weeks to escape the methadone WD's.
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Que » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:04 pm

This cold has really got me down.My cravings are strong atm.I cried a few times now since I got this virus.Depression has really kicked in.I guess knowing in the back of my mind that one thing can fix this right up!!! But its all good im not gonna slip.Like I said before no dope for me noway.That little voice in the back of my mind needs to stfu!! I just feel like im sick of being sick you know.This virus is foreign to me.The w/d I was ready for but this...this is completely different.I really dont feel like saying too much right I will check back in a few days...Q
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Sub zero » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Uh...It might not be a virus that's making you feel that way. After all, 100mgs was a really high dose and though you may not be in severe WD;s anymore, it's gonna be awhile before you feel totally normal again.
Methadone free since 8/15/2010...Sub free since 9/28/10...Alcohol free since 10/4/16
Sub zero

Postby Que » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Yea its for sure a virus .My daughter brought it home from school.I got the same symptoms she had.Plus the increase runny nose and sneezing.I think im almost over it now.Everthing smells and tastes funny.You know like it does when you got the common cold.And your almost over it. If thats all this is then thank god its not the flu or something stronger cause it probably kill me!!!Like jules said i guess my immune systems weak going through this shit.If I could just find something that would ease the sneezing up I might make it.I have tried almost everthing you can get from the pharmacy for sneezing and nothing helps for long. The cravings has stopped finally.I had to go back and read some of my previous post I forgot my way.Yesterday I was in bed just whining to my wife wanting to use really bad.I talk to her about how I was feeling...just telling her what i was feeling seemed to ease my mood . And now today i feel alot better.Just think if I would have gave in and used then all this hard work and suffering would be for nothing.I had a few weak moments while I had this cold but I did not give in!! Now I gotta get back on track...
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Que » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 pm

woot!! today is day 40!! I feel pretty damn good now that I passed my cold to my wife ..lol Poor thing after shes helped me through all this..I get her sick!! Its ok shes stronger than I am.Man I wished I had done this a few years ago.Everything keeps getting better day by day.But you know hearing what other people went through scared me.That goes to show you that everyone is different.

Guess what? I can finally drink coffee!!! OMG!!! its soooooooooooooo good!!! Man I missed coffee! Its good to have you back my friend lol I dont get jitters from drinking it now :cheers-smashed:

You know if you stay strong minded and stay positive anyone can get off methadone and other drugs for that matter.You just cant lay around whining wanting dope.You got to fight that little spoiled brat thats wanting the dope.Show that little punk who the stronger one is.We have let that little bastard control our lives long enough!
Sure there were times I got down and yes its been hell but I feel like Im winning now.And I would not trade these last 40 days for any amount of dope.This has been a real eye opening experience for me. :D :D :D
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Sounds like your on a roll Que-

Hang on to that attitude, and you'll go far...
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby mandyfrances » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey Que.It's me..Your friend from FB..I've been reading some of what you guys have been saying..I may write some on my situation a lil later...I don't think im ready.....
mandyfrances

Postby Que » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Stepper!!! Thanks bro for checking in on me!! I Got to stay positive bro! Thats the only way to roll.

mandy hey gal! When you are ready theres some good people on here that will help you.Theres a bunch with tapering experience.Stepper hes one that tapered from methadone hes got alot of experience.Your in the right place now! Talking about how you didnt have no one to share things with.Well theres loads on here thats already been down this path and some still going down it.Anytime you need help with something just ask someone will help ya.

btw mandys a local girl thats still going to the clinic that I went to.Shes starting to taper down..not sure what her dose is.Be nice guys!! ...Thanks
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey Qube...glad you turned mandy on to us...

and congrats on 40 days...ain't it great? 8-) 8-)

I've been so fucking busy this week....holidays keep me hopping....this is the time of year I get the grandyoungins and their cheepie little friends.....everyone needs to get thru the holidays just like you Q.

Be kind to yourself and never be a slave again!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Que » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Hiya cheeps!! yea Im gonna get the methadone section kicking!! I got some more people that im talking to about this site.Yea 40 days can you believe it!! Today has been wonderful..man I hope tomorrow's not a down day:(

I really haven't been thinking about the holidays myself.My wifes been taking care of that part.I ordered a few things online but other than that she takes care of it.But on xmas day I hope im feeling good so I can share the day with my wife and kids.
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby mimiluv » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:52 pm

WTG!!!!! I am happy you're feeling better and congrats on the days.
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby grant9120 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm

100 mg of methadone? this sounds easier than subs. what the heck? i could switch to 10 mg of a methadone and be fine. is 10 mg of methadone easier to come off than subs?
-Oxy in 08, Subs 09-14
-spent 3 months tapering and forming better habits
-jumped from .05 mg on 10/13 and felt no difference between the last few weeks of the taper and cutting completely. little to no withdrawal.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I refuse to take credit for anything.
grant9120

Postby Que » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:58 am

NO!!! Mate dont mess around getting on methadone its a true demon!! During the first few weeks coming off methadone I wished I would die!! you cant compare 10 mg of methadone to 10 mg of sub.I'm not a sub guy I dont have any exp with sub.But from what I've read on here to me sub seems easier if you taper right.

Just give the sub guys time to answer. Everybody's busy with xmas atm.There's some guys with experience with both sub/methadone that can tell you more than I can.But just dont even consider getting on methadone ...please

My bad days still out weigh my good days you know...but things are getting better now..

Thanks angela for the love gal!!

BTW I've been having bad stomach pains real early in the morning hours now.It feels like a knot on top of my stomach did any of you guys exp this? I dont know whats going on its not like I been eating junk food you know.Im still eating healthy..lol maybe thats what i need is a little junk food!!
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby dmbas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 am

hey que, does it hurt when you breath deep, like a sharp pain. and is it mor in the middle under your chest v bone. had two pain exsperiences, the first was the under the chest, and dr said it was my stomach, it healed, then i had sharp pain under my nipples when i took deep breaths, it whent away after a while. can you better exspain the pain.
dmbas

PreviousNext

Return to Methadone Sux