My Detox Exp

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

Re: My Detox Exp

Postby Que » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:18 am

hey dmbas thanks for replying. yes its a pain under my chest v bone.Its not a sharp type pain more like a sore muscle feeling like a knot you know.It doent hurt when I breath deep.It just hurts in the morning til about mid day.

So I guess its my stomach? What did the doc tell you about yours?
2 1/2 year hydro/oxy habit
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby dmbas » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:44 am

well after it got worse, till taken sub, dr said it was gastritis with anemia, and i was bleeding in my stomach for reasons unknown. but they said it wasnt sub caused.lol. first time i jumped [2/4ml daily] got 7 months before i relapsed, any way itwhent away on its own in about a month, but i ate when woke up and drank and ate light foods for a while. you'll be allright your bodys healing, it sucks, but passes.
dmbas

Postby mimiluv » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Soon the Good will start to outweigh the bad.. but it will probably be a roller coaster for a while!! I would have a couple good days and then maybe a week of bad, back and forth ect... then I would have a good week then a couple of bad weeks.. very frustrating but it passes!!

Merry Christmas!!
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Que » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:16 am

Yes gastritis thats it I went and done some research and man you got this one right.I been having alot of headaches you know.So I been taking alot of ibuprofen.Which can cause it if you take to much.So I guess all I need to do is lighten up on the ibuprofen.Thanks man for helping im not the type runs to doctor for every little thing.I would have to be almost dead before going..lol

All these new pains and emotions are just hard to get used to.After being on dope and not experiencing pain and such.Just living each day like a brain dead zombie a slave to the clinic.All these new feelings are overwhelming at times.Its like I been reborn and when I get a new pain I gotta run to my new parents.. SS..you guys..its like awww I gotta a booboo and need attention...lol

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!!!
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby dmbas » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:28 am

yeah, when i was exsperiancing all the weird pains my deafected brain told me, well guess thats it, you cought something bad and are gonna die from it.lol. or you might as well use, your health is so bad that you'll never survive to feel good again.

i hate doctors, but i let go that stomach pain for about a month, and it turnd sharp and bad. think it was my diet from taken sub and not eatn right.

either way, when you are confused about some weird thing happening to your body and never think it will go away, its the drugs and all mine whent away eventually. be patient and your day to shine will appear.
dmbas

Postby Que » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 am

Hey Guys..I've been really busy since Christmas and just now getting time to sit down at the computer since.I also been talking to some local people that are ex-methadone clients.I guess we formed a little support group for each other.It does help talking to other addicts that's going down the same road to share similar stories with and get stuff off your chest that's been bothering you.But I wont do the na/aa thing those people are crazy and I dont need any key chains..lol

Speaking of Christmas day...It was way too much for me.Having to deal with so many people at one time I guess.I ended up coming home alone.Taking a nap to regain some energy.And then feeling like crap the rest of the day.But other than that I guess Im ok.Not great just ok.My energy level's still not at 100% but its getting better day by day.I still get tired easy after I work for 3-4 hours then I gotta take a little break for 30 mins or so.

I bought a used pontoon boat that's been keeping me really busy working on it.So that helps keep my mind busy.My wife and kids are really starting to open up to me and getting closer to me now.Since I dont have a really bad temper now.Their not scared of me now.Since Im not a methadone monster anymore.I stopped taking all Ibuprofen and vitamins and any other pills I was taking.Now those stomach pains are gone.Still only sleeping 5- 6 hours a night and I would kill for a full night sleep.I think that's the main thing dragging me down now.But I wont use any kind of sleep-aid to help.I want natural sleep!!....Day 49
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby runthemachine » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:26 am

Day 49.... Quebert, you're the KING, Buddy!!! Freakin' fantastic! So glad to hear your energy's coming back too. Man, that's what I'm definitely struggling with the most now, but I'm only 15 days in (from oxy/roxi jump). I know it will come, and hopefully just in time to return to work from my back surgery. My appt. with my surgeon is the 10th, and I'll surely be fit to return to work by then. It will actually be a blessing in many ways. Way more than just the money (which will help, don't get me wrong!!), I'm so bored all day, and now I'm so lonesome for my daughter.... it's almost eerie being in my own house. work will do me good.

And I've GOT to pitch the meds that I'm taking for sleep. No matter what, I wake up about 2:30, and then it's just in & out 'til I give up around 5 or 5:30. I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and get the sleepless nights outta the way, and let my body start getting whatever natural sleep it can until it's back to a decent amount.

All the very best to ya, Q-Man. You're makin' it happen Cap'n. =)
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Que » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:13 am

Only at day 15!! Thats amazing bro!! I was so glad to get those first 14-15 days over with.What kind of back surgery are you having and what kind of meds will you get? My wife has back troubles also but she dont use any pain meds for it.She had one surgery and some shots in her back.But never used the pains meds for to long.Shes got spinal stenosis and degenerative disc.I was counting days everyday but now I dont keep up with days anymore.I had to go back and count just to figure it was 49 days.

The sleeping was a very crazy ride for me to.Man dont you just love those nights were you sleep for 1-2 hours then wide awake the rest of the night.And dreams..omg ..Ive had the weirdest dreams during this process.I dreamed I was getting high quite a few nights and that would wake me right up!!.I dreamed I was eating one night and my stomach blew up and blood went everywhere.See just crazy stuff lol..I tried some sleep-aids to help with sleep.But I only slept like 3-4 hours then I would get up feeling drugged down and tired and could not go back to sleep til hours later.I feel a lot better from natural sleep than drug-aid sleep.

Im glad to see your hangin in there run..dont give up it gets better
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby runthemachine » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am

Happy New Years Eve, Que.

See, I already HAD my surgery back in early Sept. I finally succumbed (no... I actually BEGGED for it!!) after about 8 years of on/off back misery. It's all in my lumbar spine... the discs there are garbage. I had a discectomy at L4/L5 in 04, after a couple rounds of epidurals and about 8 months of hydros. That took care of the pain in my right leg (which was on fire 24/7 for those 8 months), and I was good to go for about 2 years (and no meds... and I never got hooked on the hydros back then, except for the mind-fuck! Honestly... never spent a dope-sick day until 2 years ago... when the ante got upped). Anyway, a couple years ago, when the pain ramped back up, my new MRIs showed that ALL my discs down there were shit.

I've cried exactly 3 times at the Dr.'s offices through this 8 year ordeal. The first time was during the first round (before my discectomy) when some Ol' Boy (some ortho Dr. in his 70s) said "Feels like someone shoved a hot poker right down yer pocket, straight down yer pant leg, don't it?". After about 5 months of shoulder-shrugging... SOMEbody finally 'got it', and I got very teared-up.

And, actually, that was the second time I'd cried at the Dr.'s office. The first time was about a month before that when some idiot at a 'walk-in' clinic was 'checking me out' because I needed something for the pain, and at one point he had lifted up my right leg while I was laying on the bed thingy (that was my trouble ~ right leg)... and then, from at least a foot high... he just dropped it. The fucking tears burst from eyes & I cried "Why did you DO that???". Needless to say, he was terribly embarrassed and wrote me a script for (60) 7.5 hydros (bfd...).

The third time I cried, was at the surgeon's office was about 2 years ago.

When the pain started coming back, it was no longer the 'fire' in my right leg. It was all over the fucking place in my lower back, both butt-cheeks, and down my right leg... but achy this time, rather than burn-y. It finally started down the left side too. Upon visiting the surgeon's office that had ordered my latest MRI, he threw the films up on the light board & said "Okay... let's see what we've got here". Mind you, I was a fairly active 47 year old man, right? Machinist by trade, without a driver's license most the time because of DUIs, I rode a bike everywhere... I let NOTHING stop me from handling my business. A DO-er, always. And I'm looking at these films (and you don't have to be an x-ray tech to see the most obvious shit...) and I'm seeing all these thick, bright discs between my vertebrae from like L1 & all up through my Thoracic spine... and every disc in my lumbar spine was SHIT!! Thin black lines, with protrusions everywhere, and almost non-existent in some areas (where I was basically bone-on-bone).

Lemme tell ya, Bro... I fuckin' broke down bawlin' like a baby. "That's ME??? That's MY BACK???? WTFFFFF?????" That's actually when my hardcore 2 year ordeal with opiates took off. "Here's a bottle of (120) 15 mg roxicodones. Use as directed, okay?" :lol: :laughpound: :rofl: :laughpound: :lol: "Yeah, sure.... count on me ;) !!"

At the end of the day (actually, back in July or so) the surgeon straight up told me "Uh... look, you're obviously not my "ideal" patient... you know, where we can see THE trouble spot & go in after it. So.... let's come up with some options and see what we can get done to address as much of your pain as we can in one shot.". So, we decided on a 3-level fusion (where they go in from the FRONT first, scrape out ALL of the target discs, and install 'cages', as they're called) at the worst 2 discs, and about half a dozen discectomies (where they cut away the protrusions that are pressing on your sciatic) after they flipped me over and went in through my back... you know, titanium screws & shit. =) Sounds thrilling, doesn't it??

Well, as not to leave my 4 &1/2 to 5 hour surgery TOO mundane... one of my surgeon's partners nicked my ureter during the anterior (front) part of my procedure. SO, they called in an emergency Urologist to repair my ureter, and install a stent in it... that I'd need to go back & get removed about 6 weeks later. That saw GII on the table for a total of 10 hours. And to tell you that my post-op pain was brutal... would be to seriously understate the situation. I'm sure I needed all 360 mgs of oxy/roxi (per day) I was prescribed for about the first 3 weeks. Problem was, my PM Dr. was happy to LEAVE me there almost 3 MONTHS later, when most ALL of my pain was gone. This is not a goodness for a junkie like myself... especially when I could run out almost 2 weeks early, and be sicker than fuck. If he had his way, I might be down to 250 mgs by now.... fuck that. I want my life back a LOT faster than he was gonna give it to me. THAT'S why I cancelled my re-up with him back on Dec. 8th.

Trouble was.... my taper 'math' was good.... my taper WILL was just shy of nil.

ANYWAY, to FINALLY answer your question, my surgery is DONE. And everyone at my surgeon's office seems to be VERY impressed that I've healed enough to return to work after such a surgery, in 4 months time! (And don't forget... I got held UP a month because of the stent that FINALLY got removed from my ureter. Oh, and here's TMI... if they don't HAVE to make a new incision to remove something... they won't. Your ureter ~ you have 2 ~ is a 'tube' that runs from your kidneys to your bladder.... you figure the rest out. Thank the gods I was sedated for the 'removal' :o )

SO, Quebert, when I see my surgeon on the 10th, he'll decide if I'm fit to return to work. Couple o' snags there... A) I certainly have NOT been staying after my PT (physical therapy) while I've been in miserable WDs these past couple weeks. That's not a 'plus', as the muscles that took the hardest hits during my surgery should be much stronger at this point. and B)... my employers are dicks. Hell, they may not even 'have a position available' for me when I'm cleared for 'duty'. FMLA covered me for 12 weeks... that ended a few weeks back, so... <shrug> fuck 'em. I'm a 20 year skilled precision machinist... and my tool box has wheels on it. ;) Like they also say in my trade "I was lookin' for a job when I found this one, so...".

Sorry for the 'Life & Times Chronicle', but... there it is. And I wish your wife the very best in finding avenues to address her pain. My case turned VERY drastic (obviously), but the sooner she can address her conditions, the more options, and (NON INVASIVE) treatments will be available to her. gods speed there....

Happy New Year's Eve, my Friend. I hope the New Year brings immeasurable goodness to you and your family.

Peace and love,
GII (2)
runthemachine

Postby 620tcat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

I was just reading this thread for the first time and all I can say is wow what a read. I am gone too much to keep up with threads much lately and I hate to pop in someones thread and then disappear. Anyway I am glad I have the work, I will leave it at that.

Runthemachine that is a hell of a post there, man it was tough to read about your surgeries, glad everything came out OK in the end. :o

Que it is nice to know you are doing as well as you are , it helps to have good support at home and yours sounds excellent. Oh and my daughter and I both had that virus around the same time as you and yes it sucked monkey nuts.

I have been off the opiates for good for around 20 months and had almost a year before that but dabbled here and there. I finally decided to just live life without opiates. I have never regretted it. There are times when I think about it but in the end I know that it will bring on depression and misery.

I wanted to chime in about the sleep, or lack of sleep.
I have just had to accept the fact that good long sleep doesn't exist anymore for me. I mean it does but if I get 6 hours I am thankful. I don't have that sucky restless sleep that you get after right after stopping opiates though.

Anyway very nice to know you guys are kicking it, I wish you much success and happiness. Peace and Happy New Year.
620tcat
Executive Member

Postby cheeps » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:20 am

que......you are truly getting your life back!!!! Yaaaaay!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:07 am

Quebert.... where ya at, Bro??

Check in & give us the good word, my Friend. =)
runthemachine

Postby Substrate » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:17 pm

I just realized we haven't seen him since new yrs?
Q???? Sorry dude...I've been in a bit of a fog and kinda self absorbed.
Substrate

Postby Que » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:51 am

Hey Guys! I'm just now getting time to check in again.Between the boat and family life I stay pretty busy now.No time for dope that's for certain.There's really not alot of changes since day 49.So I dont really have anything new to add.Sleeping,energy,eating same same same nothings changed really.Omg Run thanks for sharing all your info about your back.My wife's problems are in l4/l5 also.She's asleep atm so I cant asked her anything.I know she had the burning feeling down her lower back and butt.The pain would get so bad she would have to lay in the bed for a day or so.But now that she dont work she acts like the pain's gone enough I guess.She said if the pain comes back like it was while she was working she might consider having something done.But as of right now shes scared to have anything else done because nothing seemed to help but to quit working.If I find time this afternoon Im gonna get her to read that post.

Jules hey gal. Hows everything going? Give me an update!! Seems like we haven't spoke in forever! Sorry I gotta cut this short guys but now I'm on my way to an old friends house to pickup a bunch of pictures from my teenage/early 20s era.I will try to come this afternoon and check in again....later
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Substrate » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 am

Hi ya Qbert!
Glad to hear all well. Im doing real good...one week today! I'm stoked!
Boating hu? Fishing? Sailing? What kind o boat?
Substrate

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Hey there Que-

Have you been scrubbing barnacles?

Post up some of your picks from the good ole days if possible.

Not sure how you go about scanning those tintype pics from your youth :D But, I guess it can be done though, judging from this pic of old time Southern hospitality :arrow:

Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby Que » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 am

Jules omg 1 week!! Thats great gal!! I would not trade my clean time for a ton dope now! I got a 24 foot pontoon boat for the family mainly.It's a 97 model nothing fancy.Im repairing a few seats atm that are dry rotted.No barnacles stepper.The floor,hull,motor and everything else is in real good shape.After I get the seats repaired and do a good cleaning it should be a pretty good boat.I got pictures and a video of the boat on my Facebook.
Last edited by Que on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 am

Wow-

Bold move posting the link to all your pics.

For some reason, I thought you were older...

I was also a little worried about you being offended by me posting the old "Southern Cross" pic, but I guess not- LOL
Not a 12 stepper

Postby Que » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:16 am

Its about heritage not hate.Being from the south nowadays is cool! Not like it was when I was a kid lol. Did you watch the video of the boat? It was on down some on my timeline.And theres some pics of the boat too.And when I get those other pics scanned off Im gonna add those too.But man thats alot of work!

dang I thought I was pretty old.My 25 year old nephew told me "I dont know if I wanna go out on a boat with you old people"but he was just kidding.lol Im almost 40!! omg
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Que wrote:Its about heritage not hate.Being from the south nowadays is cool! Not like it was when I was a kid lol. Did you watch the video of the boat? It was on down some on my timeline.And theres some pics of the boat too.And when I get those other pics scanned off Im gonna add those too.But man thats alot of work!

dang I thought I was pretty old.My 25 year old nephew told me "I dont know if I wanna go out on a boat with you old people"but he was just kidding.lol Im almost 40!! omg

I looked again, but can't find the boat video.

I'm not to swift when it comes to facebook.

You got the new look on your page...

I tried to scroll down, and saw the hick life video :clap:
Not a 12 stepper

PreviousNext

Return to Methadone Sux