My Detox Exp

This fourm is for people struggling to get off methadone. If you are a methadone advocate then please PISS OFF!

My Detox Exp

Postby Que » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:16 pm

For what its worth and if this will help give anyone the courage to start home detox.this is my personal exp coming off a 4 year methadone habit.I was on 100mg when I got fed up taken this poison daily and went c/t.

Day 1-7

I remember these 7 days was the worst part of the detox period.I started out with the worst pain that I ever felt in my life! I was having aches and pains all over my body and these unbearable leg cramps nothing like I've ever experinced in my life.My legs would jerk and kick uncontrollable while laying in bed or sitting in chair .During the same time I started having these ungodly cold sweats with goose bumps all over my body and sweat running down from my forehead.I never could get warm no matter how many layers of clothes that I put on .I would try to stay awake as long as I could but in the end the pain was so unbearable and I would end up going to bed and sleeping alot during this fist week.What little time that I was awake I had not appettie and what little food I did eat would only run back out like water ...Diarrhea!! Omg it was like everthing I experince while using dope was payback time tenfold.I stayed warm all the time while I was on methadone now I'm freezing all the time.I had constipation most of the time I was on dope now everthing was coming out with noooo trouble.I had loads of enegry and now it was all could do walk for 10 mins.Sneezing all the time ,eyes watering ,yawning .heavy depression and thoughts of suiciide.I was thinking lord kill me please I cant get thru this.I completely felt like I lost my best friend.

Day 8-14

I felt alot better than I had the previous 7 days.Leg pains and jerks finally stopped Sneezing and yawing is still going on wide open.Cold all the time cant get warm.Goose bumbs running up and down my back.No enegry whats so ever. I feel like I got a weighted suit on my body ... its sooo heavy feeling .Got a slight fever.I got this empty feeling inside like I lost my engine to go.Still having heavy depression.Hands are shaking and bodys feeling jittery. Still got diarrhea.Now my sleep is real crazy I can only sleep like 2-3 hours at a time then I'm wide awake.When I first wake up I feel like crap.I found the more I stay positive the easier it gets. I started listening to alot music it helps lift the mood.
From day 8 I started eating a little more each day.Started out with chicken noodle soup.And by day 14 I was craving foods like grilled chicken or bake lemon pepper fish.
Durning the these 7 days I was really concerned about what kinds of foods I was putting in my body.I completely stopped using caffeine and started drinking alot of water, V8 and gateraide.I wished I done that sooner!!lol.I stopped eating red meats.I only eat chicken,fish,fruits and veggies.Nothing fried only bake or grilled.I take 1 centrum silver daily seems to help.And for aches and pains I use 200-400mg of Ibuprofen.I also found that for the chills taking a hot bath with a few cups of epson salt would help with cramps and anxiety.Because of the magnesium sulfate.Over all this week was like a super flu but still nothing like the first week.

Day 15-21

Still feel weak but not as bad as the previous week.My body don't feel as heavy now!!woot Slowly getting my energy back!Still sneezing and yawning some but nowhere near the first few weeks.Still get a chill from time to time.Not too bad I can deal with this. Diarrhea finally started easing up.I started to take walks outside.The first time was only like 10 mins and I was completely wore out but little by little each day It got better.I also found that dont keep everything bottle up.Talk to someone whos been through detox or someone who really understands you.When I first started talking about everything I cried like a little baby but overall I felt like a heavy burden was lifted.Stay positive!!!!! I can't stress this enough if you feel down and out watch a movie or listen to some music.And be positive towards other people also. And EAT good foods dont eat no fast foods I found that eating fastfoods or greasy foods makes me really sick feeling like I wanna throwup and it makes me weak feeling.

Thats pretty much atm I can think to share.I'm on day 23 now and feeling pretty good:) If I can help anyone through this hell just please ask I mean I got lots of love for anyone thats about to or already taking that first step through this hell.Im pretty sure theres some I left out being on methadone for 4 years really messed up the blood flow to my brain.Towards the end before I started my detox I got to the point where I would go somewhere and forget why I was there.But Im slowly healing now so its all good.....I paid my dues
Last edited by Que on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 1/2 year hydro/oxy habit
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Re: My Detox Exp

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Que....you nailed it.

I'm SO fucking glad you are on day 23. Be positive, be active....never give up and go back to the slavemaster of methadone....worlds nastiest shit!

Keep posting your ups and downs...lay it out and be damn proud of yourself. cheeps
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Que » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks cheeps! and yes thats exactly what i felt like was a slave to the methadone clinic.I would not wish my worse enemy to go through that detox exp....thanks ...lots of love
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Substrate » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Your amazing!!! I could never get below 10 or 8 Mg...your a strong person!!! Next time you feel like picking up..read what you wrote above! Amazing!!!
Substrate

Postby toto » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

You an inspiration Que., a A+ Inspiration..
Hold your head sky high & feel very, very proud of yourself. tasha
toto
Sr. member, still in OZ

Postby Que » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks guys for the cool heart felt comments.I really feel proud of myself now but during the first few weeks I wasnt very proud.If there had been any dope in my house during that time I dont know what would of happened lol..The main thing that really helped me through this whole ordeal is my wife shes been a true inspiration,We planned ahead and got ready for this if it takes me 6 months or longer you know I dont have no worries because of her...stay positive and active
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:14 pm

The main thing that really helped me through this whole ordeal is my wife shes been a true inspiration,We planned ahead and got ready for this

planning ahead and having some form of support is needed for meth detoxes....it is a big deal.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Substrate » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 am

I know how hard it is....I tried for months...chipping away 1 Mg at a time...but all the planning and my great BF couldn't help the horrible horrible crushing headaches I had. I was in withdrawal under 10 Mg for months!! I guess I should have just jumped at that point..but my dr convinced me to go on sub. I feel like I wasted months in withdrawal for nothing!!!
So far no headaches from the sub taper...at .5 today.
Substrate

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I always had this fear of withdraws because I read about and heard other people talking about how bad the process was.But now that I actually gone thru w/d myself its really worth it now:)Yes it was very hard the first few weeks and yes I did crave those weeks but I kept my mind active and stayed busy all that I could. I took many many many many many hot baths with epsom salt that helped with anxiety and cramps.Every time I would crave or feel bad I would go jump in the tub ..it helps
And like cheeps said you need some form of support I cant imagine trying to get thru methadone detox alone.There were days I could not get out of the bed and my wife would take care of me like a baby.Just dont listen to that little voice in the back of your mind because he/she is nothing but a little spoiled brat thats wanting dope..lol
And about headaches omg!! The first few weeks I thought my head was gonna explode.The best thing I found for the headaches is advil migraine
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Substrate » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Your really a inspiration to us still tapering. I'm jumping new years. So far my taper on Sub has been much easier than on Meth. No headaches yet! Lol. I just bought two boxes of ibuprofen today and I'm asking my Dr. For a tiny amount of Valium(10 or 15)and clonidine Thurs. I'm stocking the house with drinks and soups and getting ready(biteing nails) I'm such a coward! But your making it sound doable! I don't have much support...so I will be making even MORE of a pest of myself here...lol. Hope you will be around after the 1st! Jules
Substrate

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm

That's quite a detox story Que-

Did you use any comfort meds besides the advil?

Did you experience any nausea?
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

I didnt get to try clonidine til week 2 and yes it did ease the w/d but I felt like I smoked a joint and just didnt like that feeling so I only used .5 mg total. I used one small bottle of imodium ad for diarrhea and it seem like it prolong the w/d because of the loperamide so i switch to pepto bismol MAX lol.About the only thing I used for comfort was ibuprofen,advil and taking hot baths.The hot baths with epsom salt was really what helped me the most.I mean I would be feeling just down right awful and then I would take a bath and soak in the water til I was a raisin.And I would feel pretty good.The magesium sulfate will soak in your skin and will help with cramps and help get the toxins out.
I take 1 centrum Silver everyday.I eat healthy now. I dont drink caffeine cause it gives me the jitters really bad now' and man I LOVE COFFEE!!! but you know its all about getting well.If you guys can get through week 1 its all down hill from there....about the nausea for some reason I didnt have any I guess since day I started eating right and only drinking water and gateraid .Chicken noodle soup was the only think I ate in week 1.I just treated the whole process like I had a real bad super flu ....love life stay positive
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:49 pm

1 more thing I like to share.I'm on day day 24 now and Im still having trouble sleeping for long periods.So my wife got me some 450mg valerian root and last night was the best night of sleep I had in a loooong time.I got up felling amazing today just full of energy yes jules I will be here ..Hang in there it gets better...trust me
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby Que » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:23 pm

I just posted this in another thread cheeps asked me why I started methadone...

The reason I started going to the clinic was because I had a 2 year Oxy and hydro problem.I would take 10-15 10mg Hydros and snort a few oxy 20 0r 40s.I mean I love it when I first started using I was like superman with an itch lol.My nose and arms would itch all the damn time.But man I was wide open and felt great but the last year I was using its like it took way to much to get high.And having a clinic just open in my hometown and hearing about methadone from my fellows dopers it sounded great.So I started going back in 08 they started me out at 25mg liquid.I couldnt really tell anything til I got up to like 45 mgs maybe.Then after that i was high all the time til I maxed out.Then it was like the hydros and ocs.I just couldnt get high no more.And the doctor at this clinic was an ass about taking people over 100 mgs that was on hydros and ocs.The people that was on herion had no trouble going over 100mgs but we pill heads couldnt.I guess that was cool too cause I really didnt wanna go over.I stayed at 85mgs the whole 3rd year.And then when I went up 100mgs the last year it was no change in the feeling.I got to the point where I didnt wanna do anything but sit around and drink coffee with loads of sugar in it.OMG let me tell you crave only foods with sugar nothing else is good.And the vitadone vitamins you get from the clinic doesnt really help with the sugar cravings
4 years on methadone
clean since 11-12-11
Que

Postby mimiluv » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Bullshit!!
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 am

I never felt "high" on methadone..I felt comfortable,but not high. I never got those great face itches...I was at 80-140 Mg for a morphine habit for 12 yrs.
Angela..what are you calling "bullshit"on?
I think there was some confusion between this guy and the other guy who claimed to CT from 320 Mg of Meth? I certainly questioned His story...but not Que's.
Please excuse me if I'm just reading something wrong...seems to be happening a lot to me lately..lol
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

NO!! I have just read about to many people detoxing from Mdone!! and that they were very sick!! so I find this one hard to believe! and we get a lot of trolls around here with these un-believeable detox stories that just seem to good to be true... MAYBE Que just left out the gory details.. I don't know!!

Que you can read in my sig line that I am CLEAN!! and have been for, for over 2 years..
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:05 pm

Sounded pretty bad to me...he thought about taking his life..
Granted...sleeping a lot doesnt sound like a Meth detox..but I believe him.
Substrate

Postby mimiluv » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

If his story is for real.. then I apologize.. I have just seen this type of thing happen to many times.. so I am not getting excited about it just yet.. we will see if Que sticks around.. the fake ones usually don't.
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Substrate » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 pm

He PMed me his discharge papers from his clinic...he's the real deal. Now fucken play nice and welcome the guy..sheesh!
Substrate

Next

Return to Methadone Sux