Meems Klonopin taper thread

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Re: Meems Klonopin taper thread

Postby mimiluv » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Hey hey!!!

I am having it compounded at a pharmacy, I went from 0.5mg down to 0.4mg it went ok and now I am dropping again for 3 weeks.
Day one at 0.35mg

Having a good day!!

I'll be sure to check back in. There are some great FB groups for benzos, Beating benzo's is a great one.

I don't stop in here much cuz no one else is getting off of them lol. But Cheeps can send me a message on FB if you ask a question for me Lucy and i'll come help you out if I can.
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby mimiluv » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 pm

LOL IronMeems, you kill me Cheeps, it should be StupidMeems for having to go through this shit again lol.
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Lucy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:39 am

Thanks, Mimi. I'll check out that FB group. Since my post to you I have discovered that clonazepam and diazepam are both available as liquids as well as the pills. I'm seeing my doc on Monday and am pretty confident he will prescribe the liquid so I can do a proper taper. It would cost me a fortune to get it prepared specially at a compounding pharmacy. Can I ask what if any comfort meds you are/plan to use at the end of your taper? I thought of asking for Lyrica and a non-benzo sleeping pill. Can't think of anything else though.
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby DietDoc » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi...I wanted to thank you for your kind support on my subsux thread. I didn't know you were dealing with benzodiazepine. You beat the first B and you'll beat the second B. You can change the first word of your profile phrase from crazy to strong. You beat bupe...that makes you a heroine.

I was on a lot of Xanax and tapered off before I started my bupe taper. If we were one person we'd be in good shape haha.

Do you think bupe is highly physical and benzo is highly mental? There's very varried views regarding this. Just wondering what you think becasue you've done it and are doing it. I am not doing very well with my bupe taper but strangely tapered off of 4 mg of Xanax unscathed; and I'm not an icon of strength. I guess you have to throw the books out the window when it comes to being human, everyone feels and reacts differently.

Well thanks again for support and sharing. Sending out good thoughts.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 9+ years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Tapering @ < .5 mg/d
Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering again
DietDoc

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:36 pm

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry...I was on your thread to say hello and offer support and I remember reading your intro post about how you’re tapering on benzos again but at least this time you’re not doing buprenorphine and benzos at the same time. And I distinctly recall when I read that how seriously tough that must have been for you and, quite honestly, how glad I was that I kept my buprenorphine level, tapered off of benzos first, then began my bupe taper. And here I am, back to say hello, hoping you’re doing well, and, oh yea, I got myself re-addicted to Xanax again...while I’m still tapering off of bupe. Too ironic.

I did a 28 week taper off Xanax before I started my subutex taper...28 weeks of 3 times a day dosing and tediously tapering for over six months...all so I wouldn’t be doubled addicted. And I blew it. So today I am where you were a few years ago...but you made it, you did it, you survived it, and you’re still human and deal with challenges...so then I can and will too.

Hope you’re OK. It seems like you were a pretty active poster but kind of disappeared. Hope you’re OK. Your story and sharing helps me. Best to you...SDD.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering
Subverted DietDoc

Postby mimiluv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Hey all!! Meems in the house. :laughpound: I am down to 0.1mg of Klonopin I will be off next month. I am thinking the 13th. I am still doing about the same, a few things have gotten better. My DP/DR is off the hook today but I am sadly used to it. I can't wait for that shit to leave!!

How is everyone? Cheeps you still kicking ass? :boobshake:
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby mimiluv » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Subverted DietDoc wrote:I don’t know if I should laugh or cry...I was on your thread to say hello and offer support and I remember reading your intro post about how you’re tapering on benzos again but at least this time you’re not doing buprenorphine and benzos at the same time. And I distinctly recall when I read that how seriously tough that must have been for you and, quite honestly, how glad I was that I kept my buprenorphine level, tapered off of benzos first, then began my bupe taper. And here I am, back to say hello, hoping you’re doing well, and, oh yea, I got myself re-addicted to Xanax again...while I’m still tapering off of bupe. Too ironic.

I did a 28 week taper off Xanax before I started my subutex taper...28 weeks of 3 times a day dosing and tediously tapering for over six months...all so I wouldn’t be doubled addicted. And I blew it. So today I am where you were a few years ago...but you made it, you did it, you survived it, and you’re still human and deal with challenges...so then I can and will too.

Hope you’re OK. It seems like you were a pretty active poster but kind of disappeared. Hope you’re OK. Your story and sharing helps me. Best to you...SDD.

Well hey there partner lol. We have a lot in common it seems sadly. Yes last time I honestly don't know how I made it out alive, it was HORRIFIC. This time is MUCH MUCH better, no fun but so much more bearable.
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:03 pm

So I’ve noticed, generally speaking, that people who have been active on this site and suddenly stop posting for a while usually means one of two things. Either they’re doing great, making progress and strides, moving forward and are around less because they’re doing so well and living life. The other common sensation is they basically dissapear becasue they crashed and burned. A 180 kind of thing. I did it myself a few years back.

My point is I was so happy to read your new posts. It gave me a rush of hope. That people do succeed and conquer.

So glad you’re where you are and keep posting.

You Rock!

Best -

DD

Alprazolam: Tapered off May 2016 - Started again October 2017 currently tapering
Subverted DietDoc

Postby mimiluv » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Subverted DietDoc wrote:So I’ve noticed, generally speaking, that people who have been active on this site and suddenly stop posting for a while usually means one of two things. Either they’re doing great, making progress and strides, moving forward and are around less because they’re doing so well and living life. The other common sensation is they basically dissapear becasue they crashed and burned. A 180 kind of thing. I did it myself a few years back.

My point is I was so happy to read your new posts. It gave me a rush of hope. That people do succeed and conquer.

So glad you’re where you are and keep posting.

You Rock!

Best -

DD

Hey, Doc! Thanks so much for stopping in. You will CONQUER THIS!! and you will heal. I am going to be off in 1month and 5 days!! I am scared as hell and excited. :shock: :boobshake:
Angela
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Wow ms meems that’s so great. I have 38 days left on my Xanax taper (if I don’t feel anything that would cause me slow my roll) so we’re benzo buddies. But I have to give you a lot more props becasue I was only taking it for a month and you’ve been on it for years....much bigger deal. My focus is on the one you beat in ‘09. 5 more days then I’ll be at .37 mg/day. Anyway, you’re kicking ass. Best to you.

Subverted DietDoc

Previous

Return to Benzos Suck