2 years 8 months Xanax free

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

2 years 8 months Xanax free

Postby Cl34n » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:02 pm

So I came off Xanax March 26 2014. I was on 5 mg of Xanax and began a taper in 2013. I jumped from .5 mg.

I jumped from 6mg of suboxone, after taking it for four years. April 22 2014 was my last dose.

The Xanax withdrawal combined with suboxone withdrawal was so severe, and life changing that it took close to three years for me to come to terms with it. And how lucky I am to still be alive.

I couldn't sleep more than an hour a night for almost two years. My mind was racing NON STOP. For Two Years. The only way I can explain it, is like this. My mind was a formula one Race car with no brakes. I think it had to do with glutamate toxicity and Nerve exhaustion. Maybe Nerve Cell death? Who knows.

I experienced numb feet, burning skin, insomnia, elevated heart rate for two years, night sweats, fever, Akathasia, dementia like symptoms, I had a hard time walking, driving, speaking, lost my sense of smell and taste. Lost my sex drive, my emotions, sense of joy, optimism, lust, my PUPILS were completely dilated for almost two years straight. Inability to see in the dark, increased eye pressure from Extreme stress, and the list could go on.

So here I am 31 months after my Xanax jump date. And I'm only now beginning to settle down somewhat. I'm sleeping, working, functioning. But my ears still ring and I'm still emotionally numb for the most part. My body goes from feeling warm and pleasant to feeling cold and lifeless.

But, I am starting to make some big improvements, so there is hope!

All I can really do is be honest and hope someone changes their mind about taking benzos from reading this.

I even tried to hang myself last Christmas because the suffering wasn't showing signs of letting up. In the hospital, they treated me for a glutamate storm (pumped me up wit glucose or something) and I started feeling better. Apparently glutamate gets trapped in the nerve cells and basically makes you completely lose your mind.

Anyways, I'm about 95% Recovered, except for the emotional numbness which could be from the suboxone paws.

Most people will have a hard time accepting this as being real, unfortunately it's all true.
Cl34n

Re: 2 years 8 months Xanax free

Postby Subblind » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:18 pm

OMG...that's all I can say right now...other than,FUCKKKKK
Subblind

Re: 2 years 8 months Xanax free

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:22 pm

This is the benzo truth that just makes me want to shudder. You are so damn lucky to have made it thru....so damn lucky.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Benzos Suck