In memory of Matthew

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

In memory of Matthew

Postby cheeps » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:42 am

When I was a Teen Court counselor, we had many kids come thru with drug history at young ages. Matthew was one of them. His offense that lead him into our program was torching an old barn at the age of 13. Playing with fire close to the place, who knows...maybe he did mean to burn that rotten place down.....he was that angry at his parents. Yep, he hollared for help as loud as a kid can....six damn fire engines showed up.

His mother is still a narcissist to this day and in denial, his father? Not sure where he is but his stepfather will be there when they put hm 6feet under on a snowy day this Easter. Matthew died Sunday March 20th because he just didn't wake up. His buddies didn't help him, no, not one bit. They actually killed him....those damn fucking xannies were slowly dragging through his 26 year old body....when they met up with his other so called "friend", alcohol, that settled him into a gray, still place.

I can tell you from experience what it looks like to see the life fade out of a person. Many of you have been down that road too. Visually, it's startling......when the blood stills, the skin turns blue or gray. If you were blind, you'd feel the hand and arm become rubbery and cold quickly. If you are deaf, you don't get to hear the final small gulping sound.

When I was a child many fairy tales had wands in them...with a visual of trailing magic sparkles....I like to think nowadays that those sparkles show a life returning to the universe. When I watch someone die, I can almost see it.

Matthew, may your energy become one with our planet. Good bye son.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Re: In memory of Matthew

Postby Poncho » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear that Mr.Cheeps ....
Poncho

Postby cheeps » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Poncho wrote:Sorry to hear that Mr.Cheeps ....

Yeah....to bury a child on any weekend sucks....but this weekend really SUCKS!

thanks pinch.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mimiluv » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am

So sorry Cheeps :puppy-dog: :kiss:
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby cheeps » Wed May 10, 2017 7:11 pm

mimiluv wrote:So sorry Cheeps :puppy-dog: :kiss:

His stepdad and I remembered thats its been a year now....when we ran into each other the other day. Benzo OD just sucks.
:puppy-dog: :problem:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Return to Benzos Suck