Benzo's suck..I concur!!

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Benzo's suck..I concur!!

Postby OhmsLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm on day 25 sub free..the last 48 hours have been hell..not from the subs, no..that never got this bad..I never missed a day of work..what has happened is I haven't had any xanax since Sunday? It's now Thursday..yesterday I had to call in and miss work..I was bad..today I dragged my as in but haven't been worth a damn..I'm so freaked out..I don't go the normal channels for my supply, so it's hit and miss..that's the bad part..the good part is I do feel somewhat better today than yesterday..but I know I'm in the early stages of the acute part..it's gonna be up and down..more down.

More later..still deciding whether to ride this out or what. Really I'm not ready for round 2..it took all I had (or all I thought I had) to get past the worse of the sub detox..I hadn't planned on facing this shit so soon..but here I am..crumbled.

Peace
Ohms
Sub free since 5-11-14 (daily use) I slipped up a few times :(
2/?/15 to 4/20/15 back to regular opiate use (whatever was around)
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is in the brain parts
OhmsLaw

Re: Benzo's suck..I concur!!

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 pm

I think a lot of benzo addicts switch to low dose Valium for a bit....is that possible?
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby StuckOnSub » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Dude, if you are already having ups and downs, just stick with it! The withdrawal probably won't last nearly as long as you are thinking.

I didn't have any ups for many many weeks! It was all downs for at least the first few weeks or possibly even up to a couple of months before I got any ups...

It definitely comes in waves (they call it waves and windows (waves of bad, windows of good - well maybe not good, but better than the waves of bad...)

With my w/d, it was All Bad for many weeks, before I got any type of window at all. So I really believe that if you are already having a better day than yesterday, you could be through the worst of it already and maybe start noticing lots more good in maybe a couple of weeks... (Which ain't shit when it comes to benzo w/d!)

Honestly, I really don't think that it is going to get any worse than what you've already experienced. Just slowly better (possibly very slowly...).
I was on a mu h longer acting benzo. By day 2 I was already in hell pretty much. By day 3 it was full blown hell and by day 4 I literally could not even walk!

Xanax has a much lower half life. It is more of a short acting benzo. So usually by like day 2 or 3 you are in the worst of it. If today is day 4 for you and you're already feeling a bit better, you may already be through the worst of it.

Plus, if you keep going on and off them it is going to end up really biting you in the ass. Google "the kindling effect". You really don't want to play around with benzo w/d man! I'm telling you...

You either have to do 1 of 2 things here - 1) just stick it out (what I'd recommend). Or 2) get more and plan out and STICK TO a taper. No more ups and downs taking big doses and then going without... The thing is though, to properly taper off of benzos it takes many many many months of very slow and meticulous tapering. Otherwise you may as well just go cold turkey.

Anyway, just my suggestions... keep us informed as to what is going on.

What type of w/d symptoms are you experiencing so far?
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby OhmsLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 pm

StuckOnSub wrote:Dude, if you are already having ups and downs, just stick with it! The withdrawal probably won't last nearly as long as you are thinking.

I didn't have any ups for many many weeks! It was all downs for at least the first few weeks or possibly even up to a couple of months before I got any ups...

It definitely comes in waves (they call it waves and windows (waves of bad, windows of good - well maybe not good, but better than the waves of bad...)

With my w/d, it was All Bad for many weeks, before I got any type of window at all. So I really believe that if you are already having a better day than yesterday, you could be through the worst of it already and maybe start noticing lots more good in maybe a couple of weeks... (Which ain't shit when it comes to benzo w/d!)

Honestly, I really don't think that it is going to get any worse than what you've already experienced. Just slowly better (possibly very slowly...).
I was on a mu h longer acting benzo. By day 2 I was already in hell pretty much. By day 3 it was full blown hell and by day 4 I literally could not even walk!

Xanax has a much lower half life. It is more of a short acting benzo. So usually by like day 2 or 3 you are in the worst of it. If today is day 4 for you and you're already feeling a bit better, you may already be through the worst of it.

Plus, if you keep going on and off them it is going to end up really biting you in the ass. Google "the kindling effect". You really don't want to play around with benzo w/d man! I'm telling you...

You either have to do 1 of 2 things here - 1) just stick it out (what I'd recommend). Or 2) get more and plan out and STICK TO a taper. No more ups and downs taking big doses and then going without... The thing is though, to properly taper off of benzos it takes many many many months of very slow and meticulous tapering. Otherwise you may as well just go cold turkey.

Anyway, just my suggestions... keep us informed as to what is going on.

What type of w/d symptoms are you experiencing so far?

I may have spoken too soon on that feeling 'up'..after i got home from work i took a turn for the worse..runny nose..non stop...diarrhea..but i haven't eaten enough too keep my 2 year old alive..major lethargy..hyper anxious..just a general feeling of fuck this i want this to stop..now

I know you are right..i probably am in the worst of it..but i've just been thru the wringer and i don't know if i can do it..left without a choice-sure i could..but i still have a choice..(albeit a bad one probably) :deadhorse:

i'll keep you guys posted on what i decide

peace
ohms
Your symptoms sounds just like what it does when it's not doing what it should because of how it is in the brain parts
OhmsLaw

Postby OhmsLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:04 pm

well i decided today..or this evening at least, i needed to re group..i took 1 mg of xanax..i was finally able to eat..i am drinking water.(i was on the verge of a major hydration issue)..the shittyness is pretty much gone..i don't feel like a million dollars..my stomach still hurts and really just the toll from the last few days is lingering..but i do feel better..for now

I don't know what happens now..do i go back to square one from the 1 mg? if i take a couple .5 doses over the next couple of days do i go back to square one? :banghead:
OhmsLaw

Postby StuckOnSub » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Honestly - being only a few days into the w/d, yes. Maybe not if you only take the 1mg you already took. But if you take it for a few days, you will basically be right back at square 1. If you were at least a week or 2 in, then probably not. But 4 days, yeah more than likely man.

The thing you should really look into is the kindling effect....

The thing with benzos - every time you go into withdrawal and then take a benzo, then go into w/d again after a little while - the w/d gets worse and worse each time you have go through it. (Aka the kindling effect).

You are really playing with fire my man. It's eventually Really going to bite you. Like me, you will be in never ending benzo w/d... (well, not never ending, but half a year of w/d is damn close... lol)

You either need to stay on a consistent balanced dose, stop completely, or taper.
Since you say you are not really ready to stop completely, just start a taper.
Since you had 4 days, I'd try and start at the lowest dose possible. Try .25 mg instead of .5mg. I know it's not enough for a buzz, but see if its enough to keep you out of the major w/d.

Anyway, good luck man. Keep us updated.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby OhmsLaw » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:07 am

the kindling effect..yes..quite lovely...it makes perfect sense tho...seems each w/d is a little worse than the time before..but normally by the time i've made it to day 4 or so, i feel like i've made it through the most dangerous part..but the other thing is by day 4 i'm so fucked up from not eating/drinking and just the torture of day 2 and 3 that i'm a mess emotionally and physically..it is so messed up.

I managed to sleep a few hours..now here i am back up at 4 am...i dont know if i am already feeling between dose w/d's or what..but nose is starting to run and i just don't feel very well..again this could also be from the shit storm i just passed through.

I think for the next few days i'm gonna try to maybe try take .5 a day..i already broke my 1mg's down in halves..don't think i can half them again without turning them to dust.

Here's to me..forever a glutton for punishment..man, i just love being a drug addict. :banghead:

peace
ohms
OhmsLaw

Postby OhmsLaw » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Well here I am..took my last benzo today..deciding whether to tough it out or what..I know one thing..I cannot go thru another semester of school in and out of withdrawals..I failed all but one class last semester Becuase of that..and this is someone tht made the deans list the 3 previous semesters..I have one more chance..I have to be able to finish..I can't handle the dissapointed family/friends, or myself..I start back August 18th..I need to have my head on straight..that's a fact.

Stuck on sub- if you made it through benzo detox- you will kick sub detox square in the nuts..trust me..you are strong to be able to be able to make it through that..my hat goes off to you good sir.

Me-I need to quit being a pussy and just do it..whatever happens - happens..if and when I make it out the other side, I'll be a force to be reckoned with..not too much this ole boy ain't been thru..this will be just another bump in the road once I'm through it.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement..I have always found strength on this board when I couldn't in my "real" life.

Peace
Ohms
OhmsLaw

Postby StuckOnSub » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm

Thanks man. Same goes for you! You did the sub detox already, you can do the benzos too. They are definitely quite different from each other. But I wouldn't necessarily say one is harder than the other. They both have their challenges!

Keep us updated!

StuckOnSub

Postby StuckOnSub » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:37 pm

So what happened Ohms? Your last post in this thread you said you took your last benzo that day (June 11th).
Was the withdrawal just too much to handle? I still don't know how i made it thru 6&1/2 months of w/d... (I was lucky cause I had no clue what benzo w/d was all about. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake from my previous experiences getting off. If I had known what I was in store for it probably would have been a different story).
Are you still taking them to get high? Or are you on a taper schedule?
Just curious is all...

StuckOnSub

Postby cheeps » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 pm

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby OhmsLaw » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:16 am

StuckOnSub wrote:So what happened Ohms? Your last post in this thread you said you took your last benzo that day (June 11th).
Was the withdrawal just too much to handle? I still don't know how i made it thru 6&1/2 months of w/d... (I was lucky cause I had no clue what benzo w/d was all about. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake from my previous experiences getting off. If I had known what I was in store for it probably would have been a different story).
Are you still taking them to get high? Or are you on a taper schedule?
Just curious is all...

well..its complicated..i had intended to start a taper..then some shit happened and i wasn't able to get my val's..but could still get xans..so yeah.some days i take them to get high, although i'm starting not to like the feeling..its not the same anymore..i went thru some w/d's when i couldnt find/afford anything, and it sucked ass..but..i'm about to start my taper again..i can get my val's, and my xans'..so sometime soon i'm gonna start tapering..getting tired of it all.

Thanks for checking in on me..i'm still kicking and not gonna give up with my taper plans.

Ohms
OhmsLaw

Postby Justjules13 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:05 am

Ohms, give yourself the credit you deserve for getting off sub. That's not easy and you did it! One beast to slay at a time...you'll get to the benzos. :thumbup:
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:59 am

Hey there Ohm-

I detoxed klonapin, and know the hell your faced.

Read up, and try again when your tired of benzos-

http://www.ashtonbenzomanual.com/

Benzos usually quit working over time, and when people use them to get high, they start losing all their stuff, blacking out and an anxious, nervous wreck when it's time to come down.

Everyone gets tired of them eventually-
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Return to Benzos Suck