My Klonopin taper thread

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby SoCal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:32 am

Poncho wrote:
SoCal wrote:
xenofears wrote:I think I slept normally last night. Aside from getting up to pee once, and having one vivid dream, it was otherwise an uneventful night's sleep. The wave has passed for now, but you guys know what it's like when you got PAWS, you never know what the next day will bring...

I stopped the Prilosec and nothing happened.. it's clearly not helping so I'm staying off, and it's been pretty ok lately just a tiny bit. I think it's not reflux and just withdrawal/anxiety, or both but mostly the latter. The doc did say it could just be anxiety, but much less likely.

Thanks Buggles!!

Hey there,,

I was just wonderin,,have you ever tried lunesta?,,I was on it for a year until my insurance stopped payin for ir,,but it worked really well for me,,you dont feel it at all,,you cant even tell when your gettin tired,,you just take it and get in bed and read or something and the next thing you now its morning!!only side affects are bad taste the next day,,and i was cut off cold turkey after a year and had no wd's at all.
TT

Sharp as a balling ball as usual :lol:

Sharp as a balling ball as usual ???,,yea sure,,i think!??? :lol: ,,I thin what your sayin is ya dont wanna give someone advise on another pill when they are in the midst of sayin HELL NO!,,NO MORE PILLS FOR ME?,,none!,,nada!,,and that other word that was used in the duran-duran fight,,,NO MAS!! :D
SoCal

Postby wastedtime » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 am

I think its called a bowling ball!lol
wastedtime

Postby SoCal » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 am

Nope,,pretty sure he meant "balling",,,as in pro-creating!,,lol,,anything dirty or nasty is usually a part of poncho's make up,,not that im sayin anything wrong with balling!,,.lol,,thats what we used to call it when i was teenager watchin the dinosoars "do it,,way back when!"!,,lol
SoCal

Postby Poncho » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm

wastedtime wrote:I think its called a bowling ball!lol

You figured that out ? Who said addicts are stupid :clap:
Poncho

Postby wastedtime » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Guess i am,i didnt figure it out,maybei'm too young,lol, and i am blonde so a lot goes over my head!!Goldie
wastedtime

Postby Poncho » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Young is good....Blonde is good...do you drive all the old men crazy ? 8-)
Poncho

Postby wastedtime » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Well if you consider 48 young like i do(i did get carded last yr)then yes!I know a couple of old men that i cant look in the eye,cause they always do vulgar stuff with their tongue when i do! LOL,I wonder if they have got the hint yet?its been a couple of years since i looked them in the face,I turn away when they talk to me!Goldie
wastedtime

Postby xenofears » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I did 2 miles in 20:45 minutes today! It's amazing how quickly your body responds. The first day I went I did a HALF run single mile and thought for sure I was going to die, just 6 or 7 trips later it's SO much easier! I also really hit the weights too.

I'm also continuing to gain weight despite my trips to the gym. I must be up to 140 or higher. This is totally normal for me. I was down under 115 pounds, I am not exaggerating when I say I looked like I was out of one of those save starving Africa commercials.

With regards to my sleep.. it's not just quantity it's quality. At this point, even if I have a decent night's sleep, I could wake up feeling like I didn't sleep at all, or have a crappy night and get up feeling ok. Or maybe it has little to do with sleep at all and it's just some sort of chronic fatigue as a direct result of withdrawal. But, with my trips to the gym, I am proving that my weakness is more perceived than real.

A happy, healthy, and sexier Xeno coming soon! :D
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby wastedtime » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Hey Xeno,good for you!i bet you were a skeleton at 115,didnt you say you were 6'2'?Im 5'2 and skinny as hell at 93.Take care,goldie
wastedtime

Postby SoCal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 am

wastedtime wrote:Well if you consider 48 young like i do(i did get carded last yr)then yes!I know a couple of old men that i cant look in the eye,cause they always do vulgar stuff with their tongue when i do! LOL,I wonder if they have got the hint yet?its been a couple of years since i looked them in the face,I turn away when they talk to me!Goldie

Or you could just shoot at em ,,like thelma and louise!! :D
TT
SoCal

Postby Justjules » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 pm

Way to go Xeno! It's inspiring to hear that the strength does come back...sooner ot later. You've made such progress in a relatively short time. I need to follow your lead and start a exercise program.....uuummmm...tomorrow...lol.
J
Justjules

Postby xenofears » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

Do it Jules #2!

I'm cutting off my hair guys. It's gotten too long, and it's gotten so so thin from the constant stress, and it won't get thicker while it's this long... time for a change.

I'm up to 140 pounds, yay. I actually look healthier than I have in a long time.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby Justjules » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Xeno,
Your still hitting the gym regularly? Glad to hear your gaining some poundage. I like long hair on guys...my guy is almost 60 and has that "old hippy" look(pony tail and beard). But he always threatens to cut it off too,because he says it's thinning.
I'm riding my bike a few miles daily...but "working out" at a gym sounds like torture...lol. I'm just going to have to keep up with the walking and bike riding daily. I still have VIVID memories of how incredibly weak I was during my last jump attempt. It's motivating me to do more now...before my next jump April 10 th.
Your a huge inspiration. When I beat this sub I can also post...100% free of drugs(and alcohol and smokes) I'm really looking forward to it.
Way to go Xeno!
Jules
Justjules

Postby xenofears » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks other Jules!

I was at the gym today actually. So yes, I am. :)

It's been about a month now of some brief (~2 mile) runs and strength training... can't say I see too much difference yet, but there is a little. The muscles don't get as sore.

Yeah the hair is getting very thin, between the constant stress (non-stop anxiety attacks), the very long length, and my lack of care when I was very sick. Luckily it's quite bushy so it's hard to notice.

I'm about halfway through the absurd amount of dental work I need to have done.

Luckily a huge hunk was free due to it only having to be redone because the first dentist who did it fucked it up in the first place.

The last root canal I had, the dentist over-extended the filling into my jaw. And he says it's up to me whether it should be removed. Seriously? What the fuck do I know, you are the dentist! And when he was done with it and took his x-ray, he saw a shadow he thought could be another root, and he comes back all ruffled, I gotta take out the temporary filling and drill some more, then he shows me the picture of the root canal on the screen and is telling me how it doesn't look like there's another root, and it sounded like he was asking me what he should do. SERIOUSLY??? You need to stop and ask for my input in the middle of a root canal procedure? Yeah doc, you know, I think you need to drill another millimeter to the right :deadhorse:
xenofears

Postby Poncho » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:55 pm

You deserve a vacation man... :wired:
Poncho

Postby xenofears » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 am

I will have one in May, actually, finally... hopefully it'll be ok!

So I just wanted to update with my biggest complaint the past month or so. I thought it might have been the Prilosec I was taking but it's still going strong. It is what I am learning is actually vertigo. There are mild feelings of dizziness -- like I or the room is spinning, but accompanying that is this queasy feeling that I identify as motion sickness. It really sucks, I can't ride in the passenger seat of my girlfriend's car for 5 minutes without getting sick to my stomach :(

Honestly what it feels like is that queasy feeling from opiates or booze. At least my appetite is still ok.

My anxiety is a hell of a lot better, but still has plenty of room for improvement.
xenofears

Postby Justjules » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:11 pm

I feel for you Xeno,
It sucks when your not quite sure why your having these symptoms...
I get these wicked hot flashes, burning skin...and mood swings...
I'm fine one minute and the next I'm burning up and ready to bite someone's head off..
Menopause or withdrawal...? Hard to tell...
Whatever it is, I hope it goes away.
Glad your anxiety has died down....mines fine now, but opiate free, it's out of control!
Im thinking good thoughts about my upcoming jump.....it will be fine!!
Jules
Justjules

Postby tw15t3d » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:36 pm

xenofears wrote:I will have one in May, actually, finally... hopefully it'll be ok!

So I just wanted to update with my biggest complaint the past month or so. I thought it might have been the Prilosec I was taking but it's still going strong. It is what I am learning is actually vertigo. There are mild feelings of dizziness -- like I or the room is spinning, but accompanying that is this queasy feeling that I identify as motion sickness. It really sucks, I can't ride in the passenger seat of my girlfriend's car for 5 minutes without getting sick to my stomach :(

Honestly what it feels like is that queasy feeling from opiates or booze. At least my appetite is still ok.

My anxiety is a hell of a lot better, but still has plenty of room for improvement.

My husbands grandmother takes meclizine for vertigo...I think there is something OTC for that too.
Good job Xeno! Really looking up to you! :clap:
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby Justjules » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:01 pm

We kept candied ginger on the sailboat or people who became seasick...might be worth a try.
J
Justjules

Postby xenofears » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 am

Sick. :(
xenofears

PreviousNext

Return to Benzos Suck