My Klonopin taper thread

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Substrate » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Hold tight! It WILL pass!
Your 100% drug free! That's amazing...not many people can say that.
I had that weird inner trembling during my 13 days off Sub....it was annoying. And the little "rabbit kicks" I felt my heart do sometimes...kinda scary.
The GREAT thing is your handling the anxiety and not panicking.
Maybe a nice long hot bath tonight for the other nasty crap?
Your doing amazing!
Jules
Substrate
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Damn Pete-

Sorry to hear your still going through hell.


Hang in there man.
User avatar
Not a 12 stepper
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 am
Location: Valley of the Sun
Highscores: 2

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks guys.. I'm hoping it will pass quickly, I'm hanging in there well enough most of the time.. the nights have been especially rough this past week and the lack of decent sleep leads to shittier days too...

I'm gonna try not taking the Prilosec, motion sickness/nausea sucks major ass and it's not like the Prilosec cured me of any issues, I think the muscle spasms in my throat are mostly withdrawal induced.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby gillabug » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

hey Pete! Just driving by to say hi! lol You are doing AWESOME! Try taking a hot bath before bed and see if that helps.. Get you some of that sleepy type tea too.. It'll get better.. At least you are CLEAN! wooo hoooo!! :kiss:
Never make anyone a priority when all you are to them is an option...

sub free 6-2011
Oxy free 12-2011
User avatar
gillabug
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am

I think I slept normally last night. Aside from getting up to pee once, and having one vivid dream, it was otherwise an uneventful night's sleep. The wave has passed for now, but you guys know what it's like when you got PAWS, you never know what the next day will bring...

I stopped the Prilosec and nothing happened.. it's clearly not helping so I'm staying off, and it's been pretty ok lately just a tiny bit. I think it's not reflux and just withdrawal/anxiety, or both but mostly the latter. The doc did say it could just be anxiety, but much less likely.

Thanks Buggles!!
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Poncho » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Xeno, you finally having more good days then bad ?
Poncho
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:29 am

Well, I had 6 good days in a row, and 5 out of 6 good nights, semi-decent night's sleep.

The last 2 1/2 days have been bad. There's something up with my stomach, and my throat's returned to full throttle. I have to go continue some medical testing to rule out other stuff :( .. but I'm a lot less anxious about it.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:11 pm

OK pete....order some Program for Dogs 46-90 lbs

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Program+Tabl ... 10018.html


Take two tabs, (do not chew) every two months until gone, that's three doses.

Buy some good probiotics from the local whole foods store.....they should be refrigerated. Start taking them one week after each dose of program for two weeks.

Call me in the AM.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:25 pm

cheeps wrote:OK pete....order some Program for Dogs 46-90 lbs

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Program+Tabl ... 10018.html


Take two tabs, (do not chew) every two months until gone, that's three doses.


I do not get the joke.. ?
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:58 pm

So I went and got a barium swallow today. They found nothing -- including reflux.

I'm chasing my fucking tail here..

It's funny you know, I figured going to the doctor after 2 years of avoidance during w/d's from Sub and now Klonopin, and not having had any serious illness in my life (I'm not counting Sub docs/psychs), I kind of expected, "oh wow you have what symptoms we should get to the bottom of this!", instead it's more like "what can I do for you? Huh.. so you are worried about what symptom? Do YOU think it's something serious? Do YOU think you need further testing? You want to know if you're healthy? Well, do YOU think you're healthy?" It's a lot more demand an answer type of situation that I thought. I kind of expected a fatherly chiding for not going for so long. I finally told a doctor all of my weird withdrawal symptoms, and I didn't get so much of an eyebrow raised. The most useful doc was the ENT specialist, but even he was like it could be x, y, or z, and I really have no idea which one... At least he gave me distinct possibilities and told me the chances of it being something I should be seriously worrying about.

I guess I am used to going to the doctor as a child/teenager, pediatricians take your overall health much more seriously.

But in the end, trying to find an answer to a specific issue, you really realize how much practicing medicine is more of an art than a science even in this day and age. I've seen 3 doctors including an ENT for my throat and I am no closer to an answer than I was when I started. Hell, they can't even come to consensus on something as basic as whether it is red or not.

But.. I guess it's probably because there is nothing really wrong with it, and the conclusion of "nothing" rarely comes to a doctor's mind, because patients don't usually want to hear it. I on the other hand was really hoping to hear it!!

So, I finally go to the gastro doc tomorrow to hear his thoughts on reflux vs anxiety and whether I need further testing to see if Prilosec should be continued as an indefinite treatment or whatnot, and then I am done chasing my tail!

When you think of anxiety symptoms, you think of them as being imagined, when it's nothing of the sort, it causes real physical issues.. and it's like a big feedback loop, the symptoms further increase your anxiety....

Need a good night's sleep tonight... That 6 day streak was pretty awesome, but it's been like 3 lousy ones now.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Pete....that was no joke. The reason I post it is.....I do it.


You've told us that at one time you had thrush. That is a pre-cursor for candida....what I gave you was a way to heal your digestive system. One that Doctors will not acknowledge because they cannot make money off of it.

Go here....read, as far I can tell...his info is good.
http://www.candida-yeast-infection-reli ... index.html

Of course he wants to sell his product. I have not bought any. I use the program for dogs because its the only way you can buy lufenuron in the US is because it's a flea med only! Novartis makes it but not for humans as there are so many other antifungals on the market in the US...
http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/

Do your research on candida and you will find all sorts of cures....I prefer Program but I'm going to read up on the website I gave you.

There is a very recent link......click this first.. http://www.naturalnews.com/033907_candi ... tions.html
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Poncho » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:22 pm

xenofears wrote:
cheeps wrote:OK pete....order some Program for Dogs 46-90 lbs

http://www.1800petmeds.com/Program+Tabl ... 10018.html


Take two tabs, (do not chew) every two months until gone, that's three doses.


I do not get the joke.. ?


:lol: :lol:
Poncho
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Poncho » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:27 pm

xenofears wrote:So I went and got a barium swallow today. They found nothing -- including reflux.

I'm chasing my fucking tail here..

It's funny you know, I figured going to the doctor after 2 years of avoidance during w/d's from Sub and now Klonopin, and not having had any serious illness in my life (I'm not counting Sub docs/psychs), I kind of expected, "oh wow you have what symptoms we should get to the bottom of this!", instead it's more like "what can I do for you? Huh.. so you are worried about what symptom? Do YOU think it's something serious? Do YOU think you need further testing? You want to know if you're healthy? Well, do YOU think you're healthy?" It's a lot more demand an answer type of situation that I thought. I kind of expected a fatherly chiding for not going for so long. I finally told a doctor all of my weird withdrawal symptoms, and I didn't get so much of an eyebrow raised. The most useful doc was the ENT specialist, but even he was like it could be x, y, or z, and I really have no idea which one... At least he gave me distinct possibilities and told me the chances of it being something I should be seriously worrying about.

I guess I am used to going to the doctor as a child/teenager, pediatricians take your overall health much more seriously.

But in the end, trying to find an answer to a specific issue, you really realize how much practicing medicine is more of an art than a science even in this day and age. I've seen 3 doctors including an ENT for my throat and I am no closer to an answer than I was when I started. Hell, they can't even come to consensus on something as basic as whether it is red or not.

But.. I guess it's probably because there is nothing really wrong with it, and the conclusion of "nothing" rarely comes to a doctor's mind, because patients don't usually want to hear it. I on the other hand was really hoping to hear it!!

So, I finally go to the gastro doc tomorrow to hear his thoughts on reflux vs anxiety and whether I need further testing to see if Prilosec should be continued as an indefinite treatment or whatnot, and then I am done chasing my tail!

When you think of anxiety symptoms, you think of them as being imagined, when it's nothing of the sort, it causes real physical issues.. and it's like a big feedback loop, the symptoms further increase your anxiety....

Need a good night's sleep tonight... That 6 day streak was pretty awesome, but it's been like 3 lousy ones now.


It cold have been worse, they could have found somethng wrong. :clap:
Poncho
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby SoCal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:48 am

xenofears wrote:I think I slept normally last night. Aside from getting up to pee once, and having one vivid dream, it was otherwise an uneventful night's sleep. The wave has passed for now, but you guys know what it's like when you got PAWS, you never know what the next day will bring...

I stopped the Prilosec and nothing happened.. it's clearly not helping so I'm staying off, and it's been pretty ok lately just a tiny bit. I think it's not reflux and just withdrawal/anxiety, or both but mostly the latter. The doc did say it could just be anxiety, but much less likely.

Thanks Buggles!!



Hey there,,

I was just wonderin,,have you ever tried lunesta?,,I was on it for a year until my insurance stopped payin for ir,,but it worked really well for me,,you dont feel it at all,,you cant even tell when your gettin tired,,you just take it and get in bed and read or something and the next thing you now its morning!!only side affects are bad taste the next day,,and i was cut off cold turkey after a year and had no wd's at all.
TT
User avatar
SoCal
 
Posts: 4511
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby xenofears » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am

SoCal wrote:Hey there,,

I was just wonderin,,have you ever tried lunesta?,,I was on it for a year until my insurance stopped payin for ir,,but it worked really well for me,,you dont feel it at all,,you cant even tell when your gettin tired,,you just take it and get in bed and read or something and the next thing you now its morning!!only side affects are bad taste the next day,,and i was cut off cold turkey after a year and had no wd's at all.
TT


:ogeez: :ogeez:

I don't know thanks for thinking of me I guess but jesus christ man.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
User avatar
xenofears
Member
 
Posts: 1997
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Substrate » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 am

I think after all the blood,sweat and tears that Xeno has put into becoming drug free, that he's looking for a more healthy way to deal with sleep issues. Pills are not on the menu!
I've found the best sleep aide for me is a Epsom salt bath...as hot as I can stand it. If I get right in bed after a long hot soak, I sleep like the dead!
Your a inspiration Xeno!
Jules
Substrate
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby BOAG » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:23 pm

Xeno, have you considered Klonopin for your anxiety issues?
"I never thought you'd be a junkie because heroin is so passé"
User avatar
BOAG
Local Fixture
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby Poncho » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 pm

SoCal wrote:
xenofears wrote:I think I slept normally last night. Aside from getting up to pee once, and having one vivid dream, it was otherwise an uneventful night's sleep. The wave has passed for now, but you guys know what it's like when you got PAWS, you never know what the next day will bring...

I stopped the Prilosec and nothing happened.. it's clearly not helping so I'm staying off, and it's been pretty ok lately just a tiny bit. I think it's not reflux and just withdrawal/anxiety, or both but mostly the latter. The doc did say it could just be anxiety, but much less likely.

Thanks Buggles!!



Hey there,,

I was just wonderin,,have you ever tried lunesta?,,I was on it for a year until my insurance stopped payin for ir,,but it worked really well for me,,you dont feel it at all,,you cant even tell when your gettin tired,,you just take it and get in bed and read or something and the next thing you now its morning!!only side affects are bad taste the next day,,and i was cut off cold turkey after a year and had no wd's at all.
TT


Sharp as a balling ball as usual :lol:
Poncho
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 am

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Poncho wrote:
SoCal wrote:
xenofears wrote:I think I slept normally last night. Aside from getting up to pee once, and having one vivid dream, it was otherwise an uneventful night's sleep. The wave has passed for now, but you guys know what it's like when you got PAWS, you never know what the next day will bring...

I stopped the Prilosec and nothing happened.. it's clearly not helping so I'm staying off, and it's been pretty ok lately just a tiny bit. I think it's not reflux and just withdrawal/anxiety, or both but mostly the latter. The doc did say it could just be anxiety, but much less likely.

Thanks Buggles!!



Hey there,,

I was just wonderin,,have you ever tried lunesta?,,I was on it for a year until my insurance stopped payin for ir,,but it worked really well for me,,you dont feel it at all,,you cant even tell when your gettin tired,,you just take it and get in bed and read or something and the next thing you now its morning!!only side affects are bad taste the next day,,and i was cut off cold turkey after a year and had no wd's at all.
TT


Sharp as a balling ball as usual :lol:

??????? :ogeez:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
User avatar
cheeps
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: My Klonopin taper thread

Postby runthemachine » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:58 pm

... sage smudge burning, and double-drumming playing softly in a candle-lit room.

Wash it all down with some warm green tea (natural leaves floatin' around in it & all that!).. Good to go, my Friend. =)

If that doesn't calm your nerves... maybe an internet porn marathon??? :o :shock: :o Hey, spank it 'til you expire!!

... both good suggestions. Give 'em a shot.

Yer pal,
GII

Eternally... free from nothing.
User avatar
runthemachine
 
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am
Location: South Jersey/Philly

PreviousNext

Return to Benzos Suck

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest