Libruim?

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Libruim?

Postby Mrblazed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:56 pm

So I have een taking libruim for around two moths alost every I take it everyday for a week or two the. Stoped the rest of the month till I can get a refill. Just wodering if anyone has experence with this drug has ever taken it or wd from it. I find it to be the most mellow benzo of them all but it's still a benzo so I know it's addictive just Jo idea how there is no info since it's rarly used out aide of
booze detox anymore I had the option to get on Xanax or kpin but I've taken them both and have a poblem with them both as in I eat the whole bottle in a night and end up in jail
or robbing some one or somthing. Thoughts?Btw I take it for severe panic and anxiety.
Mrblazed

Re: Libruim?

Postby cheeps » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:09 am

just be ready for a benzo detox at some point I guess?

I took it a long time ago but never got hooked.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Special K » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:24 am

Mrblazed wrote:I had the option to get on Xanax or kpin but I've taken them both and have a poblem with them both as in I eat the whole bottle in a night and end up in jail
or robbing some one or somthing.

:lol: seems to have that effect on a few people I know :lol:

Don't have any experience w/ librium - I thought it was an antidepressant, but maybe that's lithium I'm thinking about.

I guess if it's a benzo then the two week on / two week off plan is a good one. Benzo wd sucks - nightmares and/or insomnia for a week or more. On the other hand, severe anxiety and panic attacks suck pretty bad too.

Sorry - I'm not much help here. Just be careful..... ;)

Kat
I apologize if my posts are confusing sometimes. It's because I have ADD - Attention Defi....
Hey, look
A butterfly!
Special K

Postby subster58 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 am

Blazed, librium is an old school anxiety med, also used for DT's with alcohol WDs. How do you feel when you stop for a week, do you have WDS? I took it in the 70's for a crying baby with colic, so I don't remember the SE when I got off. Took it for 9 months.
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Mrblazed » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Well the first month I felt nothing when I stopes but this time around I had one or two really bad days of anxiety but I'm not sure if it was from my allmos month relaspe of shooting sub and then going back to a really small
oral dose then stoping it could have been just opiod wd with a panic attack on top I feel 100% better today. Anyways libruim was the first benzo ever discoverd it's extremly week compared to Xanax an kpin and most benzos alot like longer more mellow valum I have got a nice buzz off it taking 20+ pills the highest dose they make now is only 25mgs which is equal to 10mg of valum or .5 of Xanax/kpin raughly. And when I do take that many I'm high for two or more days have yet to Black out or have problems. It's half life is up to 200 hours for it's active motabolites. Anyways my doctor says it is addictive but rarly since it's long half lfe is pretty much self detoxif so he says but still requres a taper. I haven't had problems or had addiction phiscal as far as I can tell. Just wante to makesur I'm not getting into the benzo verdin of subutex since to be honest the half life scares me. I think I'm just gonna start sing as needed since even with the long half life it starts working oral with in min on a empty stomach just to avoid all those problems in the first place btw I'm preascribed 8*25mg daily I for it takes around ten to get any relief from anxiety and panic even more times like that ibwish they still made the 100mgs. Thanks for all te advice I don't want a new addiction so i will be carefull intill I can be comprtable without them. Learn to cope is hard but I'm doing now well I can b
Mrblazed

Postby Mrblazed » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:29 pm

So just read threw befor takig or stoping benzos read this form and watched the video of the man detoxing really bad from benzos it brought back memorys of when I first got into treatment a log time ago and in detox my roommate was a benzo addict I was too at the time but was put righ on kpin and tapers down over a week sucks balls but not bad at all compared to the video and what I have been threw with opiods. Anyways just though I Id ad that watching that videoade me decide once and for all to only use them as needed insteed of as prevention of panic attack it works so quickly I might as well use only when needed the only thing again that worrys me is with such a long half life I'm afraid if inomly have two panic attack a week that I still enaugh to get addicted to it. So switching to cannabis to prevent them and libruim of I get them. If it's not helping so much just gonna stop and take once a month if even that.
Mrblazed

Postby subster58 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Good for you. As you found out librium is the weakest anti=anxiety med. Taking it only when needed is a good idea for panic attacks. I have to take an anti-anxiety med just to get out the door. That was prior to sub use
your doing great
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby SoCal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Hey there,

I knew my doc was gettin ready tom take me off xanax so i purposely ask him for the weakest benzo,,(librium),,but they are 1/4 mg so if ya take 4 of em its like a img xanax,,anyway,,i was gettin 90 a month and they'd be gone in like 3 to 4 days,,and one day the ol lady came by,,(we were seperated),,and i didnt know who she was i was so wasted,,so she called my doctor and ratted me out! :gaah: ,,but seriously,,i didnt get made at her,,she spent alot odf her time just tryin to keep my stupid ass alive!!,,Mostly my biggest problem with the librium is i like cocktails ,,a little of this and alot of that!,,and i kept makin the mistake of thimnkin the librium is so weak,,and takin handfulls!,,
but if you are gonna use a benzo,,i think you have the perfect one,,it works for what its meant for and it is a small mg,,and thats good,,and dont think that when you need one you need to take more for it to work,,cause a 1/4 mg will work,,and so will breathin in a paper bag,,ive done it before and was like ,,Wow!,,that really does work!,,try to take them only when needed,,not like i did!
Tattoo Tommy
SoCal

Postby SoCal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Special K wrote:
Mrblazed wrote:I had the option to get on Xanax or kpin but I've taken them both and have a poblem with them both as in I eat the whole bottle in a night and end up in jail
or robbing some one or somthing.

:lol: seems to have that effect on a few people I know :lol:

Don't have any experience w/ librium - I thought it was an antidepressant, but maybe that's lithium I'm thinking about.

I guess if it's a benzo then the two week on / two week off plan is a good one. Benzo wd sucks - nightmares and/or insomnia for a week or more. On the other hand, severe anxiety and panic attacks suck pretty bad too.

Sorry - I'm not much help here. Just be careful..... ;)

Kat

i diffenately agree with the two week off plan so you dont find yourself really hooked on em!,,i never got hooked before cause id take em all in a few days and feel like shit and sleepin problems for a week or so,,but now im fucked,,been on a steady 4mgs of klonopin a day for three yrs,,takin em everyday!,,dont go there!! :nono:
TT
SoCal

Postby Mrblazed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm not gonna ever be able to get adocted to them allthough latly it has been tough and I got some extra bars of the streets to add o libruim and temazapam I hav as well. But it's been another rough patch again, my girlfriend/ roommate hat eer you call her becAuse I don't even know any more but we fuck and live together. The last fight we had was I think thanks to both of us fucked up on libruim as well as other shit. Anyways this was the day after my b day the 8th of this month we got In a huge fight and long story short I turn around to see my girl with my handgun pressed agenst her head. I ha another gun but got rid of it due to y own cocern of my using it towards my self buy I felt better an was high so I bought I brand new .45 sig sauer p250 which she pressed to her head, now this part is still kinda a blackout but somehow I got acrosse our tiny room in time to snack it away as she pulled the trigger and piped off a round. I've shoot the gun befor a well as alot of Guns and was amazed tat it was so quite this is when I was in shock and just looked at her as she was still pulling te trigger thanks to me knocking it away an her pimp wriste a unjammable gun jammed. The bullet went threw out ceilings and threw the up stairs nieghbors floor. Anyways I grabbed the gun and knocked her to te ground she wasn't giving up the gun and I could tell she was in shock she wasn't dead so was I though anyways got the gun away and stuffed I in my pants then took all the shit and put it ou side made sure she wasn't hit made sure I wasn't hit and called 911 mainly to one get her help and also because I thought yhey would for sure come anyways I mean she shoot of a round in the aparnt in downtown seattle. Thankgod she was ok allthough when coos came to take her to te hospital of course she fought ten and got hurt pretty bad wouldn't listen to me telling her it would make it worse. Anywus she has been bal for like a week and Half or so tey only kept her for three days I was amazed. Anyways now that she is back i've beenfreaking out it's like I'm looking a a ghost I saw her in my mind die so it's so weir that sh is alaivr and fine it's trippig me out. As well as I'm having flashbacks of it happening and can still hear the gun shoots and it makes me sick. I feel so bad now because one I put the dea of suicide in her head and also it was my gun. When she gt back I was using black tar h iv again and she started to slam dope with me for a week till today I had enaugh and didn't reup. Anyways I just needed to tell that story I still haven't I talked to my shirnk and told him it was making me go crazy I can't sleep or eat so kuch anxiety that I was onna relaspe he said if I really want to use then I should use so I did... I felt even more lost after seeing him anyways not his fault but yeah that day I went out qnd got some
dope and a bunch of other shit. Now I'm back on my mess anywuaa I made a huge mrs I feel like a such a shit
Mrblazed

Postby Zippy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Whoa,

Blazed, go see your shrink. You need help thru this mess. Are you ready to give up the drugs?

Please take care of yourself, and once again. GET RID OF THE GUN!!!!!!!! Why would you even consider it in the house again??? What purpose does it have? Wow.
Cheers,
Zippy

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE HIGH JUMP CLUB
Opiate free since July 2011
Sub free since 05/21/2013
Zippy

Postby Mrblazed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Pretection same reason I had it int he first place I knew it was no danger to me didn't ever think se would do that Esther I know guns are bad.... They all got taking by the cops anyways they even took my family .22lr that made me a cry a bit more then I allready was...just a shit storm right now and yeah I don't see tr point I told him I wante to use more like just craving iv use of anything and he pretty much said he didn't care so idk if I care to see him again. I'm ready to r done with all this bs ad darama but probly not ready to be sober yet... Idk anymore what I feel r what is even real.....
Mrblazed

Postby kevinb529 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:06 am

I know that this post is pretty old, but thought I would use the "Librium" topic to share some info about benzo dependency and withdrawal.

You're right in saying that Librium is a low-potency benzodiazepine on a milligram-for-milligram basis. (Librium is also the very first benzo ever created...) High potency benzos include Klonopin, Ativan, Halcion, and Xanax. The lower potency benzos are drugs like Librium, Paxipam (not available anymore in USA), Serax, Dalmane, and a few others. The potency thing relates to the amount of milligrams needed to produce effects. A Xanax dose of 1mg is about the same as a Librium dose of 25mg - meaning that basically Xanax is 25 times stronger than Librium.

Some experts say that low-potency benzos with long half-life like Librium are less likely to be abused and easier to stop using than the high-potency benzos, especially those with shorter half-life. There are a couple of reasons for this: Librium is very slowly absorbed - the effects don't reach a peak for several hours. Therefore, no instant "buzz". Also the longer half life means that it takes a few days to leave the system - kind of self-tapering in a way. On the other hand, Xanax and Ativan are absorbed pretty quickly and are metabolized and out of the body fairly quickly, too. This means bigger buzz but also means a lot of peaks and valleys in the amount of drug in the system. Lots of doctors will use low-potency long-half-life benzos like Librium to detox people from drugs like Xanax. The Librium provides a smoother withdrawal because it's eliminated slowly.

Not all high-potency benzos have short half-life and not all low-potency benzos have long half-life. One low-potency benzo with a long half-life is Valium. Also, Valium starts working pretty quickly, which provides a fast buzz and is pretty "reinforcing" addiction-wise. Klonopin, which is a high-potency benzo, is absorbed very slowly (over the course of 1-4 hours) and leaves the body slowly also. There is also a minimal "buzz" effect with Klonopin.
The long and short of it is that ALL benzos are addictive; if taken long enough and at a sufficient dose, they will produce dependency.
kevinb529

Postby Mrblazed » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 pm

All great info minus your doses... .5 even down to .25 mgs of Xanax is roughly equal to 25mgs of libruim (the highest dose in the USA is only 25mgs caps no more 100mg tablets) That is from the ashton Manuel???? There are some sources I do know you could quote though but from what I found its more on the low side around .25mgs of Xanax to 25mgs of libruim.

Anyways update on the forum......... So last time I was in a bad bad place. I still would take the libruim off and on intill about maybe 3 months ago. Im trying very very hard to not use any benzos but if NEED be libruim is the least of all evils. Since about 3 months ago I have used benzos 2 times and sadly Xanax (during my Heroin relapse my dealer would sometimes have bars which is would buy to incress the high of dope only to just black out and spend hella money, use hella dope) thank GOD no stealing but using more money and drugs then im happy about.

When I really gave it a real shoot to get of libs it happened to be around the time relapsing was starting ( in honesty due to fights with GIRlfriend, Followed by her leave, then panic attacks on my part, to using way more then I should, to sticking needles in my arm) then when the beznos were gone and I came out of the blackout I was using opioids for 3 plus days and no subs. So then I have the choice to get back on subs (I allways get preciep wd NO MATTER WHAT) or cold turkey now or use more black.... I would normally go back to sub and wait till I got a refill then do it next month or when ever we had the next fight.

Flash forward to getting of libs. for good due to my trip to CT during X-mas. In which the whole trip was good intill I got bored and sad and got my hands on libs. Visting back to CT reminded me of some crazy isolation I faced and set off a lot to deal with. Plus I was in WD for 1 week befor and the whole 3 weeks I was there minues 2 days. I was trying to also get off subs once and for all and was REALLY FUCKING DOING IT! The longest I ever went with out opioids. Well got a refill sent to me by my doc to walgreens then had them transfer it to CT Boom 180 libruims 25mgs. WEll it was hell intill those were gone (at least so I hear and remember bits and pieces) some I only found out about recently from getting hospital bills and thinking they are bullshit since I never went only to find out I was there and scored drugs....

Also I traveled back from CT blacked out with my girlfriend blacked out as well. WE missed our connecting flight her asleep me asleep in the bathroom...... anyways got ina he fight with thte lady and got booted from delta what ever it was. And got another flight gods knows how for next morning.. I still have no idea where the money for the plane ticket came from. Allmost got arrested at the hotel we stayed at in philly for trying to score H of the driver of shuttle...... Then finally got back a day late and screamed at my friend for not picking me up...... when it was the other day he was supposed to meet me and he waited there for hours for me never to show.....

Libs normally wont do this kind of thing but take enough and I guess it will do the same as Xanax and kpins..... And I mean the 180 in the 3 days of travel.

SO now three months maybe way more shit... and I don't use them anymore. Im thinking about going back though which is why I came back to see this forum and happen to see it had a new post. read back and now im not sure if I want to go back on any benzos. Im now off of heroin for only 6 days and doing a short detox with subs. I do think that benzos would help TONS AND TONS. but now im afraid to go threw that again and this time end up in jail or prison...... I have a lot of thinking to do. Also I do need to see the doctor again he helped in some ways and made things worse in other (more pills allways and all narcotics) But now I know and so does my girl for sure what id BULLSHIT and whats not. When we first went to him I could get away with a lot more. Now that she went threw a heroin relapse with me....NOT SO MUCH im on a short leash.. and its good.

Anxiety and panic get the best of me. My drug of choice for panics are opioids Heroin and morphine. But those are just such soul suckers for soooooo long. And benzos leave me a person I don't see ever without them. Anger, Violence, And theft things I don't do sober or even on DOPE well rob yes...... I have found acupuncture to be my NUMBER ONE hard hitter for panic and anxiety and the doctor I see really helps me a lot to learn to just sit on the emotion and ride it out. IT gets better every time. But now with a real detox again and wanting to get off for good its hard not to look back to Benzos for the extra push.... Even just thinking of going on temz for sleep and nothing during the day. With libruim its great for sleep and anxiety so wwhen I come off I don't sleep and I have bad anxiety. With temz I just don't sleep which is already a problem anyways.... Im so back and fourth....
Mrblazed

Return to Benzos Suck