xeno need some answers please

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

xeno need some answers please

Postby wastedtime » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:23 am

I read some of your klonipin taper thread.25 years ago I got up to taking btween 20 and 30 Img xanax a day.I weighed 80 lbs at the time.The reason my dr. put me on them was because I was having trouble sleeping and eating and anxiety.At first they helped but not for long and I developed a tolerance really quick.Now even taking that much at my weight I never slurred,stumbled or looked really messed up.My original weight was 100.i had lost a few pounds before i got on them,gained a few back after starting them,then rapidly lost weight down to 80.I lost all apetite and couldn,t sleep but a few minutes at a time.I went to detox for 13 days and I think they gave me ativan and some dilantin for seizures.After getting clean I still couldnot sleep for more than 30 minutes at a time.I stayed off all drugs for 5 yrs and my sleep was always really bad.You talked about protracted w/d's in your thread.do you think me getting off such a high dose in 13 days may have caused that for me?My husband was on crack when I got clean(i never did crack or coke but lots of people that I did cause I got so skinny)and was causing me lots of anxiety so I don't really know what other wd symptoms I might have been going thru.It took 20 years for me to get a decent night's sleep again and only wiyth the help of trazodone.
wastedtime

Re: xeno need some answers please

Postby xenofears » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 pm

A 13 day detox could certainly leave you with years-long issues, absolutely... And that's a lot of Xanax! But even protracted w/d's go away.. You said you are off for 5 years now.. or is it 20 years? I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, i.e. if it applies to the present? Even the worst cases of protracted withdrawals are minor issues at that point.

The stuff people complain of in the rare cases that protacted w/d issues last over 2 years are typically sensory disturbances (pins and needles, burning, electric shocks, etc,) muscle spasms and cramps, and GI issues, not mental issues and sleep disturbances. But anything is possible... some people just have hard times sleeping well, you said that was the reason you were put on the drugs in the first place, right?...

God knows when I hit my worst benzo w/d I lost weight and looked on death's door. But I gained it back now, before I am completely recovered even.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby wastedtime » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm

I got off the benzos 20 years ago and stayed clean for 5 years.Unfortunately I relasped and got on opiates and a couple of years ago i got back on Xanax althought not at those high of doses.That would prob kill me now.I'm a lot older and a little bit wiser.When i read of how slow your taper was it got me curious esp. since I need to get off them again.I lost all the weight while on benzos I gained a lot back in the 13 days I was in detox. I got back to 100 real quick and that 13 day detox was not too bad esp, considering my size and the dosage.I was a lot younger then and I'm not in good health now.Of course I wasn't in too good of health when taking 30 xanax a day either !Hope that explains it better and why i wanted to know.I don't remember having any pins and needles or GI issues at all.Thanks for taking the time to answer me.I just didn't get anyone having to titrate so low.That blows me away.I am a total wuss and I felt real good after those 13 days just bigtime sleep problems and anxiety,but I believe hubby was causing the anxiety,no doubt about it.I wanted off those xanax back then soooooooooooo bad and had started thinking I would never be able to quit,so when i did,I was one happy camper!!!!That probably helped.
Last edited by wastedtime on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wastedtime

Postby xenofears » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Good luck! Sorry but if you are looking for tapering advice I have decided not to give it anymore (in general, not you in particular).. it's a HUGE responsibility... but take it slow ok! You are older and have been on a lot longer now, and it seems that underlying health issues tend to get much worse in withdrawal..

I know the first time I quit benzos after like 6 months on it wasn't too bad, things were so much different this time..
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby wastedtime » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

I understand.But this time I've only been on it about 2 years.I had some clean time after i relapsed after the first 5 years clean.Thank so much for reading AND A BIG,HUGE CONGRATS ON BEING 100% DRUG FREE!!
wastedtime

Postby SoCal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:38 pm

wastedtime wrote:I got off the benzos 20 years ago and stayed clean for 5 years.Unfortunately I relasped and got on opiates and a couple of years ago i got back on Xanax althought not at those high of doses.That would prob kill me now.I'm a lot older and a little bit wiser.When i read of how slow your taper was it got me curious esp. since I need to get off them again.I lost all the weight while on benzos I gained a lot back in the 13 days I was in detox. I got back to 100 real quick and that 13 day detox was not too bad esp, considering my size and the dosage.I was a lot younger then and I'm not in good health now.Of course I wasn't in too good of health when taking 30 xanax a day either !Hope that explains it better and why i wanted to know.I don't remember having any pins and needles or GI issues at all.Thanks for taking the time to answer me.I just didn't get anyone having to titrate so low.That blows me away.I am a total wuss and I felt real good after those 13 days just bigtime sleep problems and anxiety,but I believe hubby was causing the anxiety,no doubt about it.I wanted off those xanax back then soooooooooooo bad and had started thinking I would never be able to quit,so when i did,I was one happy camper!!!!That probably helped.

after 3 yrs of 4 mgs of klonopin daily its really nice to see an inspirational post like yours!,,thanks for sharing that!
TT
SoCal

Return to Benzos Suck