Klonopin

Feel free to read or create a new topic about benzodiazepine questions or detox. (*Note - Benzodiazepines are not opiates. They are Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, and many more. Additionally, cessation of benzos without medical supervision can be very dangerous.)

Klonopin

Postby Shoes » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:28 am

10-11 years ago, after some wicked flashbacks (i thought i was going insane) my doc put me on K-pin (1mg). I have taken it for the past 10 years pretty frequently
(average- 5 times a week)
(rarelly - everyday in the week)
(ocasionally - 3 times a week)
Last year my doc bumped the dosage (2mg) i usually split these or quarter them ( 1mg or .5 mg) The pills definitelly chill me out and help me sleep. I'd say 90% of the time, i take them 20-30 minutes before sleep. Since i been a kid i've had trouble sleeping, so these have been awesome.

I feel like i 'need' them, but since it's such a low dosage, do i need to worry about it?
Shoes

Re: Klonopin

Postby xenofears » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 am

It took me 10 months to taper off of 1mg of Klonopin after 10+ years, and I am still wickedly sick all the same. 1mg is plenty!

Klonopin has a long half-life, it takes 2-3 days for the w/d's to really set in.

Don't know what else to tell you.. Suboxone and Klonopin have completely ruined 2-3 years of my life. Stay on, get off, not my decision to make for you. All I will tell you is that 1mg 5x/week is plenty to form a severe dependency. I used to dose it every other day when I was on Suboxone without issues.
Sub free 3 years. Klonopin free 1 year. 100% drug free. Feeling somewhat ok. :thumbup:
xenofears

Postby GoodVibrations » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Hey Guys, i was prescribed a one month supply of Clonazepam, which is Klonopin i think.. It is a .5 mg dose each day for 30 days. This is because i want to combat the PAWS from sub withdrawal. But, i've noticed it makes my withdrawals worse if anything. I get way way tired right away and that just intensifys everything else. aches, depression. Honestly, .5 didnt do it, so i eventually tried taking 2 mg at one time, and no good feelings at all....... It is the dissolving Clonazepam. I think it sucks, only good for sleep i would say. I am still very much anxious on this damn shit
What is the point livin' your life numbed out and not appreciating the beauty in this world. Shit man , we live this once...And once only.

Sub free since 4/14/12
GoodVibrations

Postby SoCal » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm

GoodVibrations wrote:Hey Guys, i was prescribed a one month supply of Clonazepam, which is Klonopin i think.. It is a .5 mg dose each day for 30 days. This is because i want to combat the PAWS from sub withdrawal. But, i've noticed it makes my withdrawals worse if anything. I get way way tired right away and that just intensifys everything else. aches, depression. Honestly, .5 didnt do it, so i eventually tried taking 2 mg at one time, and no good feelings at all....... It is the dissolving Clonazepam. I think it sucks, only good for sleep i would say. I am still very much anxious on this damn shit

Man,,ive been on 4mgs a day for 3yrs and i have went in-patient to get of xanax before,,both benzo's and man,,if you can get by w/o them then by all means do!!wd's are worse than heroin or any other drug ive detoxed!!
TT
SoCal

Postby ANewLifeGB27 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Cold turkey 5-9mg a day give or take. 90 1mg a month lasted me maybe two weeks. All I know it would be awhile until I got a refill.

Never had any WDs from it, other than I lost a ton of weight and felt a little light headed for the first two days.
"This is it boys, This is war..."

Subfree- 9-29-12
ANewLifeGB27

Postby Mrblazed » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:15 pm

^ I allways used benzos the same way. TBH I think its lucky we would binge and run out so we never had the time to keep a steady dose in us producing narly WD. When i was on xanax I got 6 mgs a day but they would be gone within a week if i was good 2... same with the libruim I now take its gone in a week..
Mrblazed

Postby PsychDocMD » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 am

Mrblazed wrote:^ I allways used benzos the same way. TBH I think its lucky we would binge and run out so we never had the time to keep a steady dose in us producing narly WD. When i was on xanax I got 6 mgs a day but they would be gone within a week if i was good 2... same with the libruim I now take its gone in a week..

Yeah, I did this too. We were definitely lucky that we ate them all right away. :boobshake:
PsychDocMD

Postby CTCheryl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:14 am

I really just wanted to post here to bury the dead docs name.
CTCheryl

Postby runthemachine » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm

CTCheryl wrote:I really just wanted to post here to bury the dead docs name.

So with ya, Cheryl. :thumbup:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby dalegribble » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Shoes wrote:10-11 years ago, after some wicked flashbacks (i thought i was going insane) my doc put me on K-pin (1mg). I have taken it for the past 10 years pretty frequently
(average- 5 times a week)
(rarelly - everyday in the week)
(ocasionally - 3 times a week)
Last year my doc bumped the dosage (2mg) i usually split these or quarter them ( 1mg or .5 mg) The pills definitelly chill me out and help me sleep. I'd say 90% of the time, i take them 20-30 minutes before sleep. Since i been a kid i've had trouble sleeping, so these have been awesome.

I feel like i 'need' them, but since it's such a low dosage, do i need to worry about it?

I like clonazepam. I get the generic, but it's the same shit.

I take 0.125-0.5, maybe 2-3 times a week at the most. I just need a little pinch just to calm my nerves sometimes. My doses are low, because I'm a small guy with a low tolerance.

As long as you don't abuse it and develop a tolerance, you're fine.
dalegribble

Return to Benzos Suck