Same song... need back-up singers.

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: Same song... need back-up singers.

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 pm

you just come here because somebody loves you.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:11 pm

I often feel the same way about my detox thread... I would not be the least bit upset if it mysteriously vanished from the inter-web. Being able to look back at yourself and recognize just how spastic you (we) were, is pretty much a win. Right? :thumbup:

If there was a subsux hall of fame, you would, without a doubt, be unanimously voted in. You are, to put it simply, the man.

(Yes Cheeps, RTM is my lover. And you know you're jealous.)
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby runthemachine » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 am

You're too kind, Daniel... and such a generous lover. You always put my needs first.. <sigh>.

On a less beautiful note ~

Day 3 of Lent. Last year, I crushed this shit. I actually 'gave up' ALL substance, but cigs & acky-haul were my primary targets. I never cheated a single puff or sip, and was at the gym all but 3 or 4 days of the entire 6+ weeks. Fuckin' yay me, and all. This year, on this milestone Day 3 :shock: :ugeek: , I'm jonesin' for a smoke like tomorrow might be the zombie apocalypse. Oh, and I did 10 days before last Friday! Then, I thought "Fuck it. Next week's Lent, I'm gonna blow it out for the next 4 days!". And so I did. Again, yay me. :lolno:

Gotta wait 'til whats-her-face is outta school for the day before I head to the gym. She's my workout buddy, and I'm super proud of how hard she hits it there. She's good shits, and great inspiration/motivation. And there's nothin' like 30 hard minutes (Hill setting) on the elliptical to make me NOT want a cigarette for a minute. LoL. <pant! hack! gasp!>

Meanwhile, Mr. Jones is all up my ass. Good times.

Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Run.....I wanted to have the next dance to this song....put me on your card please...unless dan got it. Hell....I'll do a threesome... :blowme:

I managed to stop smoking for two weeks at detox....got home and fired back up. I always thought that opies kept me smoking...fuckin guess not. :(

I had to listen to that song twice...sucks but it's a damn good tune. :ogeez:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 pm

Here's one of my all time favorite oldies....love me some Lou!! And run, and Dan, and titkitty, and mark, and even ole poncho....

HERE'S to NO OPIES!

AND it's COLD outside.

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:42 am

Hey Run,

Good on ya for getting back into shape- I've been on a clean diet myself, with beer on top :shh: and have managed to slim down quite a bit. Problem is, my body is so beat up and broke down, I can't work out much... so, I'm stuck eating healthy stuffs. :angel:

I'll proast to no opiates, Cheepsie :cheers2: but just can't figure you guys out on the smoking bit- Once your a couple of weeks out, you've got it whipped for the most part...

I haven't smoked an entire cigarette for 15 years, and can't imagine ever enjoying one again... (thank you Jesus)

Oh, by the way... Did you convert to Catholicism Run??? Or are you just whoring your soul around to what ever religious holiday and/or practice that suits you at the time? :MrT:
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Not a 12 stepper wrote:Hey Run,

Good on ya for getting back into shape- I've been on a clean diet myself, with beer on top :shh: and have managed to slim down quite a bit. Problem is, my body is so beat up and broke down, I can't work out much... so, I'm stuck eating healthy stuffs. :angel:

I'll proast to no opiates, Cheepsie :cheers2: but just can't figure you guys out on the smoking bit- Once your a couple of weeks out, you've got it whipped for the most part...

I haven't smoked an entire cigarette for 15 years, and can't imagine ever enjoying one again... (thank you Jesus)

Oh, by the way... Did you convert to Catholicism Run??? Or are you just whoring your soul around to what ever religious holiday and/or practice that suits you at the time? :MrT:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The smoking thing is nothing but a stupid habit....one I want to be rid of soon....working on it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:30 am

LoL NA12,

Well, I was born a whore of the 'correct' Christian faith (baptismal gown to prove it!!), but nah. I haven't been aligned or affiliated with any such waste of my soul ("Spin the religious wheel, folks! Winner every time!!") for a long while. Truth is, New Year's resolutions stopped packing any kind of stick-to-it-ive-ness punch for me a long time ago. So, 2 things that appeal to me about Lent ~ A) It's all about 'giving up' something negative in your world. I'm always down with that (.. um, I'm at the right club for that, right?? :lol: :lol: ). And B) It's finite. I'm one of those people who will eternally struggle with the "forever!!" aspect of.. well, anything at all, I guess. Lent has an end ("C'mon, Good Friday!!" LoLoL), which somehow makes me less 'fearful' of it. Does that make any sense?? :crazy: :smart:

Anyway, good on ya for takin' up the health torch! You know I'm a big fan of your mainstay nutritional ingredient. :cheers2:

And I certainly know ALL about being beat-the-fuck-up. Still, I'm doing what I can at the gym. You're very right, though ~ it's all for naught if you're shoveling a ton of garbage down your food-hole. I guess I'm doing pretty good there :shrug: I sure read a lot of labels, and keep the snacks to a min. I've always said here that I'm the cook in my house (the Kitchen Bitch! :D ), and I really do make pretty healthy dinners.

Thanks for all the feedback & encouragement, peeps (Peeps & Cheeps!! Ha!). In all honesty, I'm bombing on the cigs this year. :cry: Doesn't help that I ran outta Chantix, and my Obamacare doesn't kick in 'til next week. I mean, my good pals at Pfizer really WANT me to quit smoking (no, seriously.. they really care. A LOT.), but not as badly as they want their $200. bucks (AFTER their generous 'discount' card). I understand. I really do. I can't expect them to develop their next big 'break-though' without my funding to help them along!

:shred: :shred: :shred:
runthemachine

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:58 am

Ok run....if you'll quit for good I'll try....I really need to ....at 57, it's just STOOPID for me to continue.....

"I gotta GET OUT of HERE!!!!" Lordy, I haven't heard that in YEARS. I lubs you silly.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:27 am

I just feel the need to put this here! :blowme: :pash:

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 am

Bwahahahaha!! Lubs you too, CheepieGirl. =)
runthemachine

Postby amery2u » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:11 am

Miss ya, Run. . .
still LOVE reading this thread; celebrating my SIX-OH! (AND NOT MY BIRTHDAY, DAMNYA!)

muahhhhh!
;) A~
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:48 pm

I know I've shared this before, but. . . Whatevs, here it is again. How can you NOT love his voice? :thumbup:

mynameisDAN82

Postby amery2u » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:02 pm

DANO . . .

You NEVER cease to AMAZE...

HUGS,
A~
amery2u

Postby amery2u » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Haya Run, just thinking boutcha..

https://youtu.be/r6VftcpePOg

just me~
Anne-Marie
amery2u

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:09 am

Have you seen\heard this yet? Pretty fuckin' sweet! Right?

mynameisDAN82

Postby cheeps » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 am

I like it!!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:06 am

mynameisDAN82 wrote:Have you seen\heard this yet? Pretty fuckin' sweet! Right?

Dan,

This thread is old as fuck, so I don't check in on it very often... but, YES!!! This is AWESOME!

Thanks, Bra. Hope your 4th was kick-ass. :thumbup:
runthemachine

Previous

Return to Opioids Suck