Same song... need back-up singers.

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: Same song... need back-up singers.

Postby runthemachine » Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 am

TomCat!!

Good in your Hood, indeed. :thumbup:

See what your neighbors think of this...??? SYL is (was) without peer or rival. ;)

... I've loved Devin since he sang for Vai. He's amazing.

Happy Saturday!!! :twisted: :shred: :twisted:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby AddictAJ » Sun May 20, 2012 11:49 am

Hey G,

Good to hear from you! Those are some long hours...but then again, I consider my current job to be the 24/7 type so I definitely know how it feels to be dead on your feet but still movin' & groovin' - 'cause you have to. I'm proud of you, bud...

AJ
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

Sub-Free February 1, 2012
AddictAJ

Postby runthemachine » Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 am

A-AJ,

Thank you so much for the shout-out & the kudos. Yeah, it's a bitch sometimes to keep drivin ' on, right?? Ugh... (sometimes. LoL ).

But mostly, my life is pretty awesome. :thumbup:

At the lake this weekend. Lotsa stuff to do, but I'm gonna cool out for the majority. <sigh>... sweet. Happy Memorial Day weekend, right?? ... right.

Hope all my pals here have a kick-ass weekend.

Much l0ve to all,
G-II

Attachments
Lake 2.JPG
Lake 2.JPG (115.01 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
runthemachine

Postby 620tcat » Sun May 27, 2012 5:38 pm

Edit I meant to put that in the music thread :lol:
I looked in that thread last night and was like "who stole my video mane" :?
620tcat
Executive Member

Postby runthemachine » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Mr. 420T-Cat!!

Happy Friday, Buddy. Fire up them Klipshes, and tell your neighbors I said "Rock the weekend!!!" :thumbup:

Peace, SubSux Friends.

G-to-the-tooth

runthemachine

Postby runthemachine » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

Happy Father's Day, SS Dads. =)
Hope everyone's days rocks.

runthemachine

Postby wastedtime » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi G,Happy Father's Day to you!Hope you are having a great day my friend,love and hugs,Goldie
wastedtime

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Happy Fathers Day Run!
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby runthemachine » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Thanks Goldie & Jules. =)
runthemachine

Postby 620tcat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 am

runthemachine wrote:Mr. 420T-Cat!!

Happy Friday, Buddy. Fire up them Klipshes, and tell your neighbors I said "Rock the weekend!!!" :thumbup:

Peace, SubSux Friends.

G-to-the-tooth

Neighbor says :cheers2:
I was going to rewire my truck stereo this week and it magically started working. I have a roving short , will lose the bass or maybe one side of the mids and highs , it is like a roving problem. I traced it to the deck output I thought but new deck is having the same problems so my guess is the short fried the other deck. I have had the same wiring for over 8 years and thought about just replacing it and replacing the door speakers while I had the panels off. However it has rocked flawlessly for the last 4 days. :shred:
No worries with the Klipsch though. They always rock. Anyway I am in the midst of my third regression to further immaturity and this song came on while I was driving around today. I shared it with my fellow motorists. I saw Coverdale back in the 80's with Whitesnake. Dude dry-humped everything on the stage the whole show. Every song. Scarred me for life but not enough to keep from making the asphalt shake from this track today.
I like the Soilwork music better but the one the I rocked the loudest too and the words fit my attitude was the WS. I've missed the music thread, been too medicated for music, that has to end. I'll take rocking out anyday over staying opiated all day. :sick:
620tcat
Executive Member

Postby runthemachine » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Glad your Klipshes keep towin' the line for ya, Brother. Hope you get the random short in your ride figured out. Nothing like losing half your awesome sound right in the middle of a jam that's making everything in the world come right... right?? :evil:

Dude, you'll get past the bullshit. I have every faith. If you'd have asked me about 8 months ago if I truly thought I was gonna get ALL the way out the other end of this shit... I'd have flipped a two-headed coin & said "Heads says I'm still struggling in a year... like the rest of the 95% who don't make it out whole.". & hell, I think Kimmie had less faith than I did. She's a 'research girl', and when she was reading "5% of full-blown opiate addicts actually find their way all the way off of them.", she believed it. Plus, she was living the monthly misery of me running out early (EVERY time), and taking to the streets with several hundred dollars, just to get me to my next re-up.

Yes, my Friend... it looked bleak. Yet, here I am. Almost 6 months after the most brutal nightmare of my life, and with just a few minors slips & scrapes, I live to tell the world "I'm not dopesick. And I never, ever will be again.". Oh, and I did it WITHOUT a 30K rehab, and without a single meeting. If meetings help people, gods speed, and every blessing to them. Whatever it takes, and I mean that from the bottom of my soul.

There's plenty of room for you here, TomCat. I'm savin' your place. 8-)

Epic and hilarious Coverdale 'moment' at 3:28. I laugh my balls off everytime. :shred: :laughpound: :shred: Judgement Day is probably my favorite WS tune. Hair Band glam, and dry-humping aside... it's a serious, and very respectable piece of music. Their shining moment, IMO.

Big love to ya 840tcat. I'm thinking of you, and sending you much power and positive energy.

Peace,
G

runthemachine

Postby 620tcat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Judgement Day huh. One of my favorites too - I'm kinda surprised you like that one but as they say it's all rock and roll. You know I was over the 2 year mark sans opiates before this latest ride. I chose the dope this time after working my ass off to stay off the path. I'll be back where I need to be or I won't, I bettin on the former.
620tcat
Executive Member

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 am

Hey Cat,
From a fellow semi-Austinite to another...you've gotten off the dope before, and two yrs clean is fantastic. Don't beat yourself up, you don't deserve that. You will know when your ready and do it again! I know it's hard...I'm afraid to let go of the insanely ineffective and small amount I take. The nice thing about this place is we all understand and don't judge.
J
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby wastedtime » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi T-cat.I have faith that if you had 2 yrs clean you can do it again,I'm wishing you all the best,hugs,Goldie
wastedtime

Postby wastedtime » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:54 pm

G the II,I really enjoyed chat yesterday.Wish the bitch Jules would have joined us,lol.I was sorry my Mom showed up when she did(shame,shame on me)Anyway,your pm and chat made my day and after the good week i had,it was the icing on the cake.I couldn't get to that tupac song.Will you send it by pm,so if i like it,i'll have it in my pms?Tupac singing ooh ooh child makes me really want to hear that!hey does he do any Carpenters?ROFL
Always love and hugs,
Goldie
wastedtime

Postby runthemachine » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Hey Goldie,

It was awesome chatting with you too, Girl. ;)

Yeah... I can just hear Pac now "... every sha-la-la-la-la, every woah-ooo-oh-oh..." LMAO.

And, like it says.... Keep ya head up, GF.

runthemachine

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:59 pm

Hey....who you calling "bitch" tooth pick!?! Lol
:kiss:
J
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby wastedtime » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Hey,That was alright,but i have to say i love me some chi lites singing it.You know i gotta mess with u about the Carpenters,but you know those words pretty good.I think you might be a closet Carpenter fan.I havn't heard then in a long time,but they are good for lifting me up,lol.So is wet willie!How bout some grand funk?Hey,you got any of REO speedwagons old music,before they got mellower? lol,hugs,Goldie
Last edited by wastedtime on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wastedtime

Postby wastedtime » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Tat would be you Jules,I didn't want to repeat G and call you a whore! I thought bitch was much nicer,lol.We wanted your bitchy,whore ass to join us in chat!You know I love ya,Goldie :kiss:
wastedtime

Postby runthemachine » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 pm

wastedtime wrote:Tat would be you Jules,I didn't want to repeat G and call you a whore! I thought bitch was much nicer,lol.We wanted your bitchy,whore ass to join us in chat!You know I love ya,Goldie :kiss:

Bwahahaha.... thanks for pimpin' me out, Goldie. :roll:

Yeah, I woulda hit Karen Carpenter's hot ass... before she put down the sammiches. :o :silent: :o

So, here's the fruits of 2 weekend's worth of labor (Oh, and 8 & a half tons of gravel). I shoveled wheelbarrows full, and Kimmie spread that shit out... time, after time, after time, after time. :ogeez: Wow.

Before & after.
Attachments
Lake 1.JPG
Lake 1.JPG (115.22 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
After 1.JPG
After 1.JPG (109.27 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
runthemachine

PreviousNext

Return to Opioids Suck