Same song... need back-up singers.

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Same song... need back-up singers.

Postby runthemachine » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Hey Sub Sux,

SO, I'm GII. My story is like most every other story of people who find their way here, or to boards like this. But, for the sake of 'connecting' with the core group (LoL), I'll lay a bunch of it out. Plus, I wanna be polite!! :wave:

ACTUALLY... I think I'll go grab my 'story' from somewhere else I wrote it... and then bridge the gap between when I wrote it, & now! Yeah... that's the ticket!!

... brb.

Uh... nope. Nevermind. That shit is terribly dated, and would only serve to be annoyingly confusing to anyone reading it. So, fuck that. Looks like I'm gonna have to spell it out long-hand, after all. <sigh..>

I've been an addict since age 13 or so. I'm 49 now, so the math is pretty simple. Seeing as my first DOC was (... is??) alcohol, I'm lucky to boast of such a 'long' career. Since that tender young age, I smoked weed, almost daily (actually, for a LOT of years, it absolutely WAS daily), 'til my early 40s or so. Oddly, I just sorta lost interest. Woulda been nice to lose interested in a whole bunch of other shit too, but... well, then I wouldn't have anybody riveted to their 'puter screen, now would I?? Crack, smack, blow, ups, downs, in-betweens, my first needle at 16 or so, I've 'done it all' (except X..? For some reason, I just never...), but only really dabbled. An addict through & through, but nothing ever got outta hand, and I only spent the rent on crack 2 or 3 times, so... all in all, nothing but careless dunk jrunkie bullshit and carelessness.

At the bitter end of 03, like December, I started with the right 'leg on fire' nastiness that would eventually exhaust my permissible number of epidurals by the end of Feb., 04. I lived on Vicoden for the next 5 months or so (with some occasional low-dose oxys & demerol, and also a couple of demerol shots, when my trips to ER left the Docs there not knowing what else to do to make me stop crying), until I was 'allowed' another epi. When it barely knocked my pain back for a week, the epi Dr. says "Man, I've given you enough steroids, enough medicine, enough everything that comes in an epidural, that you really should be getting longer-lasting relief. You seriously need to consider other options..." and I got my first discectomy at L4-L5 in August of 04.

That was a huge help, and I was just GOOD for about 2 years! No pain, no meds, and I never got WDs (or, at least I didn't know I was in WD, if I ever was!). Honestly, aside from the junkie head-fuck, I just didn't get addicted to the months of Vics! Astounding shit...

SO, a couple years goes by, and the pain comes back. But now, it's not just fire down my right leg anymore. It's low back, buttocks, hips, and the leg (almost all right side) too. Well... of COURSE it is!! As my latest MRIs clearly reflect (2 MRIs in the past 2 years) that every disc in my lumbar spine is GARBAGE!!!! Seriously. 2 discs are just these sad, thin, black lines on the images, and I'm bone-on-bone in at least 3 places. The herniations, that smash my sciatic, go everywhere, in every direction. Bottom line, thanks Dad (for the genes). My lumbar spine is fucked.

And it was about 2 years ago that I graduated to percs, and eventually roxis. Last summer (2010), I had no health insurance, and so I had to cut back to 10mg hydros, (6) per day (they were cheaper, and refills could be called in). But starting in Sep., 2010, I was back on the oxycodone... and have been ever since. And it was well before then, that I had my first nasty WDs (that was back in Feb., 2010), and knew I was then addicted.

But wait!! There's more!!!

Clinging desperately to my job for the health insurance, I barely made it to my surgery date last month (Sept. 7th, 2011). To keep your job, it's important to show up to your job!! And with all the time I missed & called out, between the times I was in agony from the pain, or in the agony of WDs from running out LONG before my re-up, I was goddam lucky to still have my job on September 7th.

And that's the day I had my 3-level fusion surgery... oh, and an emergency repair of my ureter, and a stent installed in it, when it got nicked during my procedure. My 4 & 1/2 to 5 hour fusion morphed into GII on the table for 10 hours. And now that I finally got my surgery, and could finally just go ahead and be sick for a week & a half, and get shed of the fucking opioids.. but, oh wait! "I need to get this stent out first!", 5 weeks (and 1 re-up with pain management Doc.) after my surgery. That was 2 weeks ago.

And speaking of my re-up...

My PM Dr. prescribed me oxi 80s (3) per day... and roxi 30s (4) per day. 360mgs a fucking day, for pain that was going away, and this is my second set of bottles (he didn't even reduce me, at ALL, when I went to my monthly appt., 4 WEEKS after my surgery!)... and I'm WAYYYY ahead of schedule. Ya think?? Of course I am!! I'm a fucking addict!!!! If I'm scripted 360mgs a day, and I'm running out a week & a half early, um... I'd say I'm pretty well fucked. And that's my today. Right now.

So, here I am. I think I have 7 oxys left, & about a dozen 30s. My re-up date (that I don't want!!!!) is the 10th. Needless to say, I'm not an expert with the 'taper'. LMMFAOOO!!! I'm about to be in a fucking WORLD of twice-regurgitated rat vomit . And yeah.. I'm scared shitless. People say not to have 'fear of the unknown'.. but I know, goddammit. I KNOW what's coming.

It's a really shitty situation too, because I coulda, woulda, shoulda started tapering, or hell, even JUMPED, weeks ago. Now, I'm s'posed to start PT (for my surgery re-coop) next week, and I've scheduled a trip to go see my kids & my Grandsons on the 10th (a driving trip, from Jersey to Michigan & back :punchballs: ... awesome) that I CAN'T beg off from now.

so... Hi Sub Sux. I'm GII, and that's my story. And, believe it or not, that WAS the Reader's Digest version!! I fast-forwarded through a TON o' crap!! Anyway, I'm in a world of shit. And I don't really think I'm asking for 'help', per say, because there's just nothing for it. I have half a dozen .2mg clonidine, and I can get more. And on a BRIGHT note, I happen to have an appt. with my PCP on the 1st (Tuesday), and she can help me out with some more comfort meds. Actually.. she's the one who bumped me to percs 2 years ago, and she knows that I need to get off the pain meds (and my surgery was supposed to be 'the answer' to that).

I live with my Fiancee.. who is AWESOME, and 100% supportive!! Of course, right?? Who wouldn't want their partner off this shit!?!? Oh... and she's also CLASSIC enabler. Which is great when I wanna get all fucked up!... and not so great, when I need a 'rock'. Hell, if she weren't an enabler, I'd be all kinds of 'tapered'! Either OFF this shit, or at least at a WAYYY lower dose. But, she loves me... gods be praised on that front, or I'd be to the fucking curb.

I also live with, and have full legal & physical custody of, my 11 year old daughter. She knows probably more than an 11 year old girl (kid) should know. But, she's a smart and very mature kid. And... just how many times can Daddy be 'sick' again, before she wonders if I have the fucking gungus coyotus, ya know?? A few months ago, I just had to break it down. She was very cool about it, understands that our Family Business IS OUR Family Business!!!,.. and knows, by what she's seen first-hand, that she never wants to be dopesick. Ever. There. If I'm gonna 'accentuate the positive', there it is.

Much peace and love, Sub Sux.
GII

geez.... sure hope I find those friends I was talkin' about. :think:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Re: Same song... need back-up singers.

Postby celticpride4Life » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Nice book bruh... :) I have jumped off from chewing 400 + mgs of oxy daily probably 10 times. It is fucking hell but by day 4 I start being able to function though insomnia and depression lingers for a few weeks after the 72 hour acute stage. I just cannot taper. The clonidine and immodium works wonders for me and I hope you find some relief from it as well.

You are going to be wrecked but you have some friends here that will be here for you.

~CP
celticpride4Life

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:17 pm

alright gll you wuss................get the good dr to prescribe you 10 mg Thorazine.....for the kick. You'll need 8 max. How's your stash of muscle relaxers?

Quit beating yerself up....you are plumb black and blue. Do you want to taper any? After you get back from yer travels you can start shitcanning stuff...until then think about how fucking good not being a slave is going to be. It's the part I love best.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:45 pm

CP ~ Thanx, yo. Yep, clonidine & immodium are all I'll have, I think. So.. it's gonna have ta work. Sorry about the book... I actually made myself stop, 'cuz I got shit to do. <blush>... alot of the time, I just can't STFU. My bad... =)

cheeps ~ "After you get back from yer travels you can start shitcanning stuff..." Yeah, problem there. My trip starts the 10th (back on the 15th). I'm outta shit, like... Sunday?? If I was good 'til the 10th, I'd be good 'til that re-up I said I don't want. Because, believe me, the 'not a fucking slave to this fuckin' shit' is the part I'm gonna love best, too!!

So, I guess where I'm at is ~ I gotta get 85% detoxed by the 10th (and completely forgo physical therapy, for now), and make this trip abut a week & a half 'clean'... and still a couple of days from 'human'.

Trust me folks, I'm NOT whining. Just wanted to share where I'm at... and ask for some "good luck, Bra"s. 'Cuz here it comes... like it or not. :eh:

Much peace,
G2
runthemachine

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 pm

You're going to have to get your eyes checked soon too. Detox is hell on the vision.

That being said.....what's the road you are taking to Michigan? I don't wanna be on that road...and I think we have time to let the Pennsylvania State Patrol know that there'll be a fucking detoxing kook on the roads prior the the holiday season.

You need some luck and now you have a new place to log your miles.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby mimiluv » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:15 pm

OMG!! I feel so bad for you.. :puppy-dog:

So how many pills do you have? how many mgs total? Could you call and lie and say you fell or something and get more? Could you be honest with your PCP? maybe she would help you out some.. until your re-up date you don't want is? Then you could do a proper taper!!
Angela
Sub Free 8/26/09 :boobshake:
mimiluv
Crazy as Hell

Postby runthemachine » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 pm

cheeps ~ I think the vision is hit already.. which sux because I'll be making the trip TO Mich at night. ALL night. Yeah, it's gonna ROCK!! =) And gimme some d/l on the State boyz, yo! I'll alREADY be driving the car that DOESN'T have a breathalyzer in it (which is against my restrictions!)! So... <shhhhhh....>... don't tell 'em I'm on the turnpike!

mimiluv ~ Aw... thanks for the hugs, Hon. Nope, I'm done lying, and I don't want anymore. Yes, I think I CAN fess-up with my PCP, and I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm gonna take in this. And I'm seriously not getting any more opiates/opioids. It's time to finally pay the f-ing piper... in full. And not owe him shit-else.
So, I just did the math (the math that I... ugh... did NOT wanna look at. LoL. I have (11) 30s = 330mgs, and (5) 80s = 400mgs. 730mgs total. And Christ, at 70mgs a day, that's 10 days! BUT, the drop from however-many-hundred mgs per day I'm at, would probably be just about the equivalent to Day 2 WDs. And more importantly, I'm not trying to push my jump out another week & a half!! That would pretty much put me right at peak, when I'm pulling outta the driveway for a 12 hour road trip. Ugh.

Well, hopefully my PCP can help me with some comfort meds that kick a little harder than clonidine & trazadone. A couple/few days of valium, maybe? Or the Thorazine cheeps recommended? Regardless, I can absolutely guarantee I will not be picking up a benzo addiction! 3 to 4 days worth of something to take the edge off is all I'll be seeking. Promise.

<sigh...> Maybe I need to think about whether I can push my visit out another week?? That would be a real goodness. I could be a solid 2 weeks off the opiates, and really coming out the other end of the acute phase (instead of still teetering on the fringe..). I'll give it some thought. I just think my kids really have their hearts set on the original time-line.

Yikes.

I'm outtie for the night, SS. I'll check back in tomorrow. Night, all.

Much peace,
GII

ps... didn't proof this. Hope it's not too stoopid. :?
Oh, and ps........s. Notice I haven't said a fucking word about sub??? :nono:
runthemachine

Postby cheeps » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Well gll, that's how i scored my thorazine....lol. I went to the sub dr on a friday....so he sez...he SEZ...."don't you want to be comfortable?" I sez "Hell yeah". When he gave me the script for thorazine I about kissed his feet cuz my pcp dr was too much of a FUCKIN WIMP to fork it over. I was going to go back on Monday and induce, score a little, and then do a very fast taper.

When he gave me the thorazine, I said to myself, "Self", you ain't going back. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:18 pm

GII

Reschedule the fucking trip man-

You just had back surgery, so you got the perfect excuse...
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby runthemachine » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Stepper ~ Dude, you are so right. And, I've already made that decision (on my end). Now, I need to spread the 'bad news' to my Sis there... and all my kids =/ . I'll get some blow-back, I'm sure. BUT, we're talkin' about a few days, here. Instead of leaving on the night 10th (next, not this, Thursday), I'm gonna leave out on the night of the 15th (the day I had planned on returning.), and return either Sunday, the 20th, or possibly even Monday (21st). And yeah, "my surgery" will be my excuse (LIE!! :( ). "I gotta get my first few PT sessions outta the way", and blah, blah. Another fortunate factor that happens to fall my way (in complete honesty!), is the fact that I'm pulling my 11 year old daughter outta school for this visit ~ As she hasn't seen her family there since last year! ~ and the timing is more conducive to her attendance with the 'rescheduled' time frame. Coincidentally, she'll be missing 3 half-days (because of her school's conference scheduling during that time), rather than 2 full days! So...
Spot on, NOT-stepper.

cheeps ~ yo,..... so, you're serious about this Thorazine thing, aren't you??!!?? I mean, my PCP is the one who had no qualms about writing me for pain meds, and who 'graduated' me up beyond hydros. Two years ago, on my very first visit to her, she wrote me for (90) 10mg percs, based on the discectomy scar on my back, and my 'say so' that I was in pain. Which was the truth mind you, but even (2) 7.5 hydros a day woulda probably dealt with what I had goin' on at the time (Oh, but it DID get worse, as time went on. I promise! Now, how much of it was psychological, and/or hyperalgesia?? ...I dunno, man.). And then to (120) 15mg roxis a month, for a couple months. There were a few months after that that I'm not going to bore you with the weird complications of, but she continued to write me for something through those months, and when I got health insurance again, she eventually was writing me for (120) 30s a month. Hell, a month & a half before my surgery, she wrote me for (30) fent patches, plus (120) 30s for breakthrough!!

Okay, so I'm NOT trying to paint my PCP as a flat-out script writer, but I'm saying that she's NOT squeamish and ridiculously conservative about writing people for what they 'need'... like so many Dr.s are. And usually should be... probably.

And I got stupid side-tracked there. Sorry.

But what I AM trying to say is, I am definitely going to unabashedly level with her, and throw myself completely at her mercy. She a really caring and empathetic Doctor, and I trust her to not leave me twist...

My POINT is ("Really GII??? There's a fucking POINT to all this rambling??? Nice... uh, how 'bout we get to that!"), if I present a legitimate case for a med that will help me through this, she will likely write me for it. She's written me for clonidine a few times already (because, ironically, it addresses hypertension... which I had... everytime I didn't have a beer in my hand for a 10-14 hour stretch. It's called "alcohol withdrawal", and I had that, pretty much daily.), and in fact she bumped me from .1 to .2 mg clonidines at some point. I think I had 2 refills left the last time I saw the bottle (that I've lost... probably using it as a 'daily dosage' bottle to take meds to work). I stopped 'needing' them for awhile, so I neglected to get those refills... but now I'm back. And definitely going to be needing them. =/ SO.. I'll get more clonidine, and I was thinking about asking her for some valium, and maybe something to help with sleep. She wrote me for some Traz once, but I don't think it was much help. I'll have to think on that one..

BUT!!! cheeps!!!... Thorazine, you say?? i seriously need to study up, yo. Like I'm saying, if I can present a legitimate case for her to write it for me, I'm pretty confident she'll set me up. In fact, I could drop the V hint first and then upgrade the conversation to Thorazine. So then, if she wanted to get 'reluctant', she could drop back to valium! I'm gonna do my Thorazine homework, and see what beneficial 'facts' I can bring to her, to make it appealing to her to script me for it.

~~~~

So... enough rambling. For now.

I know that I'm freaking myself out... some. I also know that the shit is just comin' ~ 'freak out' or not. So, I've been trying to just enjoy my day the best I can. I had quit drinking back in early July, but started 'slipping' here & there recently. I'm tippin' a few today, watchin' some college ball, and waiting for the snow they say we're getting tonight. Snow or not, it's been miserable cold today and hasn't stopped raining for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Funny, I had written up to that squiggly line up there, and went to take a nap (I'd been up since 3:30... more of that freaking out I mentioned..). I had also unplugged my laptop to relocate, and hadn't posted all that shit I wrote. When I woke up, I had to re power-up and I just knew everything I wrote was gone... and couldn't believe it when I saw that it was still here. LoL... not like the laptops of old. That shit woulda been LONG gone.

Hope everyone's having a kick-ass weekend! We're at our lake place, and it looks like my 'winterizing' plans are just in time! Ha ha.

Much peace, Subbies.
GII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA
runthemachine

Postby runthemachine » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:03 pm

12 ~ I'm no real gear head either. And I didn't mean to come off like some kinda know-it-all. I'm not that dicky... promise. ;) It's just 'cuz it's my dream car, that I know anything at ALL about it. Otherwise, I'd know just about as much about it as you do... that someone I knew had one, and it was bad-ass. LoL.

I have to do some shit to it over the winter. It's a lot of work to shift, and a tranny place told me that before I pay for a bunch of transmission work, I should see about having the shifter rebuilt. I checked into it, and I'm sending the shifter to Hurst. They're gonna rebuild it for about 2 bones, and the turnaround is 6 or 7 weeks (which is why I waited 'til winter... I just got it & wanted to fuckin' drive it!!). Got some other stuff I wanna address over the winter. Again, I'm no gear head, so.. we'll see just how much I 'get done'. :think:

World ~ Feeling so anxious... and trying so hard not to be. The nap helped. And believe me, I count my f-ing blessings every time I sleep!! That part is gonna suck. A LOT. I know it will be months, and possibly longer, before I ever sleep like I use to. IF I ever do. There's a dude down the hall who tapered about a year & a half ago (one of the damn few taper success stories. Seriously), and he's STILL struggling with sleep! Everything else in his life, he got back in good working order. I'm proud and really happy for him. He's lovin' life, and that's a place that looks very attractive to me. More than I can say...

Really wanna just talk to somebody, but nobody's here. "Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody...". And hell, this is the calm before the storm! Can't imagine what I'll be living, say.. Wednesday night? At 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning, when the sleepless nights are just getting started?? Just, fuck. SO pissed at myself, and full of self-loathing... it's just part of the package.

Well, guess I'll.... whatever. I won't be far, and I'm sure I'll be back.

Peace.
runthemachine

Postby dmbas » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:32 pm

wut up gill, wut are you guys talkn about, pcp and thorzine, smokin dust and doin the thorzine shuffle isnt the answer, i tried.lol. go play in the snow or something that will keep you busy. sorry, pist because i had cool plans that got squashed because of this bs. so im here too. on my only night too go out, sunday being my only day off an all, but doesnt shoveling heavy snow sound better then kinky sex anyway.lol. this blows.
dmbas

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:14 pm

dmbas.....thorazine is for the shitty kick days...not so much for sleep but to keep the body from thrashing. It's a 24-48 cure for the massive jerk some people experience in the worst part of the w/d's.

I've been given it twice for my w/d's...and it is something to tread very lightly with. I'm NOT ever tempted to take it just because. I'm afraid someone would take a pix of me jerking and drooling....then put it on facebook.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby celticpride4Life » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:14 pm

dmbas wrote:wut up gill, wut are you guys talkn about, pcp and thorzine, smokin dust and doin the thorzine shuffle isnt the answer, i tried.lol. go play in the snow or something that will keep you busy. sorry, pist because i had cool plans that got squashed because of this bs. so im here too. on my only night too go out, sunday being my only day off an all, but doesnt shoveling heavy snow sound better then kinky sex anyway.lol. this blows.

Ummmm...PCP= primary care physician you junkie lmao! :cheers:
celticpride4Life

Postby cheeps » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:49 pm

pcp=monkey dope :rofl:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby runthemachine » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 am

<gulp...>

So, I'm down to 50mgs. I had quartered up the 80s, & have 1 (1/4) left. I halved the 30s, & have 2 (1/2s) left. I slept fitfully, but a lot... which was good. :) It'll be a long while before I enjoy that again. I can try (desperately!) to keep today's intake to the (2) halves (30mgs), and save the 1/4 for tomorrow morning (20mgs). More than likely, I'll be taking it all before tonight... if history has any bearing. LoLoL. So.. taper?? Yeah. Extreme taper startin' up in here, right now!! I took 50mgs this morning, and even if I take it all before the day is done: EASILY 400 to 500mgs a day, down to 100 = Taper City!!

It's always really fucked up to get to this stage of the game. I've been here so many times, and it always has the same flavor. I have a little bit of nothin' left, the impending ugliness is absolutely coming, and I'm NOT miserable on the small amount I took. So, I get to lament, deeply, having blown through so much fucking dope... when just a little would have kept me from the hell that's around the corner. But, cest la vie, non?? I'm an addict, and if I had full bottles I would NOT go easy on them, plan out a long, smooth, sensible taper, and get off this train at a scheduled stop.. rather than hurling myself off of it while it's still steaming full-speed, and lunging headlong into a ditch full of broken concrete, rusty barbed-wire, and busted bottles. :banghead: :punchballs: :gaah:

Hey... I gotta be me. =)

OH!!! I think I've neglected to mention a really important factor to this whole 'deal'. Someone asked me how I'm going to deal with pain, which is a very legitimate concern... and just another way I've screwed myself in being a junkie. I can't take ibuprofen until my bones fully fuse, which could be as long as a YEAR! This could be a major problem, as I'm forced to pitch the opioids (for the obvious reasons), and nothing else addresses my pain... except the IB, of course. Which I can't take. The UPshot, is that my surgery seems to have made an enormous difference, and alleviated the vast majority of my pre-surgery pain. So, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope the relief is long-lasting (LOOOOOONG lasting!!).

So, Happy Sunday folks! Hope people are enjoying their days, and that those peeps reading this from the Northeast have power, and have dug themselves out. I'll post updates as they arise...

Much peace,
GII
runthemachine

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:51 am

Hey GII

I've been in a similar situation. Used to run out of meds every month, when I was on a pain clinic. Kept switching drugs, and upping the dosage, but nothing seemed to work as advertised.

I've got back, and neck problems also. Never had spine surgery though.

I guess you already know about the increased back pain, that's associated with detoxing. Just remember, when your suffering, there's light at the end of the tunnel. The pain will subside a little, your body will "get used" to the pain somewhat.

Hope your surgery helps your pain, and lasts a long time-
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby runthemachine » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:22 pm

Not a 12-er ~ THANK you. I hope my surgery lasts a long time too. And yeah, I'm hip to the increased pain. The hyperalgesia will probably give me some elevated pain levels, but should smooth out within a few days, as my body re-acclimates itself and redevelops its natural ability to deal with pain. Sounds all kindsa fuckin' scientific, huh?? I don't know how much I buy into all of it, but I'm hoping all my 'studying up' pays off.

"Knowledge is power!!!" LMMFAO. =)
runthemachine

Postby notasmrtcooky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm

Wishing you loads of luck! I am with the others who say no to Thoraz it's not good!
Does heat help? Or you an ice guy? Cause hot baths help a lot with my back pain. Going off the pain meds was the hardest thing but I Did It! And I think you can too. Just finding that alternative to the meds is the answer. Keep your head up you can beat this!
Cooky
And that's the way the Cooky crumbles....
notasmrtcooky

Postby celticpride4Life » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:27 pm

"...And get off this train at a scheduled stop.. rather than hurling myself off of it while it's still steaming full-speed, and lunging headlong into a ditch full of broken concrete, rusty barbed-wire, and busted bottles."

LOL! sounds like your looking forward to it! :D I feel you bro, I cannot think of anything more uncomfortable than going through WD's. Every molecule in your body feels like shit. You have the mentality and attitude so I have no doubt you will be successful.
celticpride4Life

Next

Return to Opioids Suck