The story of cheeps _ Oxy detox using sub.

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: The story of cheeps _ Oxy detox using sub.

Postby SoCal » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:57 am

Not a 12 stepper wrote:I know your going through withdrawal Sara, but how's the brand new knee doing?

Hope things are goin better for you sara,,and 12'ver,,i just wanted to say ive noticed youve been postin alot more and personally i think thats great and hope you can keep it commin! :D
TT
SoCal

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

Hey Mark.....the KNEE IS FANTASTIC.....still hurts but its doing super well. the scar is fading, my limp is gone....sure its not 100%...but for three months out, its the bomb. DR sez Im crusin from now on. I can pull it up to my chest and its almost straight standing....so i'm glad its done and other than the first couple weeks post surgery, it's been a breeze. So I'm one of the good ones....it clunks a little and feel weird at times but all that will go away as the muscles get tighter. I wrote all this so's anyone that needs one hears a good story. Just get the DR who does 20+ a week and you won't regret it. 8-)

Mark...hows jr and wife?

TT....I'm 12 days post KICK.....I feel goood some days and like shit the others...but I make myself do shit. I've been riding the lawn mower and planting grass,,,CHRIST...let it rain on NC today. :gaah: They keep saying it will and it goes everywhere but over us in eastern NC. :shrug: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby SoCal » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 am

IM DOIN MY RAIN DANCE RIGHT NOW,,I HAD TO IMPROVISE ON THE HAT AND USED A LAMPSHADE WITH X-MAS ORNAMENTS ON IT!,,LOL
SoCal

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

Hey Sara, that's fantastic news-

Congrats...

Wife and kid are fine.

I'm the one that's having problems, as usual.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby cheeps » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Has your back and all your various shitty spots been acting up? Mine have.....fucking low pressure kills!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:53 am

yeah, I hurt like hell when it rains. Not as bad as cold weather, but more miserable none the less.

I'll be in line for some joint replacements one of these days, but not till I'm unable to walk.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby SoCal » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 am

yea,,dont let em do no cuttin on ya till absolutely neccessary!,,ESPECIALLY ON BACK!,,dont know anyone who had back surgury that didnt end up havin to have it done another 4 or 5 times!
TT
SoCal

Postby cheeps » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Mark...re:joints....it's best to be younger and have good musclar shit going on in your arms and legs....so don't put it off....recovery is much faster....re: me and mano are proof. sara
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:32 pm

So? How do I feel almost 6 months later....fine. I realized that after Xmas I was over the hump....physically. Please remember though....I'm a very beat up 54....chronic back pain, carpel tunnel, neck issues. Damn all those horses that bucked me off in my twenties!! :MrT: That horrendous methadone detox is really what nailed me....it is not forgotten by the brain and body.

Mentally....no motivation...but it will come...it took me 14 months after meth detox. Maybe this time I won't have to wait that long.

Sounds bad huh? :lol: No....I'm happy to fucking BE HERE. :cheers: :cheers: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nootlsjr » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

this is my first post in your thread cheaps. i was always too scared. you remind me of your avatar, a cute pup, but when you look closer theres bloody fangs and shit.lol. just kidding, there never was a doubt in my mind. congrats on your time, and trust me, you dont want to feel like me right know.lol.im gonna stack some days this time, just needed a big enough beat down for rememberance.lol. im good. time too heal again.lol. for my sake, never start the cycle again. do it for you too though.lol.
Y ask Y,Y. Y is Y.....
nootlsjr

Postby tw15t3d » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 pm

cheeps wrote:So? How do I feel almost 6 months later....fine. I realized that after Xmas I was over the hump....physically. Please remember though....I'm a very beat up 54....chronic back pain, carpel tunnel, neck issues. Damn all those horses that bucked me off in my twenties!! :MrT: That horrendous methadone detox is really what nailed me....it is not forgotten by the brain and body.

Mentally....no motivation...but it will come...it took me 14 months after meth detox. Maybe this time I won't have to wait that long.

Sounds bad huh? :lol: No....I'm happy to fucking BE HERE. :cheers: :cheers: :blowme:

You and the others are an inspiration to me! I am glad to have met you and I really thank you for the wonderful advice! You are a savior to those that are trying to get off the drugs you have already nailed!
From Orange To Green, Sub Fecking Free: 03/17/12
tw15t3d

Postby Justjules » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 am

Sara, I had no idea you had to deal with this stuff so recently...congratulations on your 6 months!! It's really true...I have the chime in here, you give SO much of yourself to everyone, new and old. I have to thank you too for all the wonderful advice and time you've devoted to me. I truly believe in Karma..and you get what you give...and you give so much. I don't think I would be as far as I am in my recovery without you. No! I KNOW I wouldn't be as far in my recovery without your sage advise and sometimes kick in the ass! I love you for both! Thank you for being here for me.
And.....I didn't know you had horses! Man, I can show you my battle scars from those dumb beasts. I remember my Dr saying.."your a nurse who lifts patients,rides your horses and is over 40 and your wondering why you have a bad back??" lol. Yep...had to give up my paints and quarters for a gaited Morgan. Could never get used to the way that horse moved...But I'm the same age as you,and my back feels pretty good now. No more jack hammering the spine on the horses..lol
Thanks again Sara..
Jules
Justjules

Postby CTCheryl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Sara, proud of you my friend!
-C
CTCheryl

Postby cheeps » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:51 am

CTCheryl wrote:Sara, proud of you my friend!
-C

Thanks girlie....I would like some pills please?? :ogeez: :ogeez: :nono: :nono: I'd love to stomp freddie...he's quick though.

On a better note....here's a peek at my family....this is my uncle and 1st cousin. He had a pretty strong streak of narcisism in him....but my cousin is the bomb....he lives close to you beaners.

This movie is supposed to show up at some point....they are still trying to scrounge up money. Coming soon to a obscure film festival somewhere overseas.

Oh yeah....that Taxi sat at my house for decades....we played in it...my cat had kittens in it....we smoked dope in it, (he did too). My uncle was a beatnik/hippie...the blacksheep of the family. I knew him better than his son did.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby dmbas » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:49 am

nice video cheeps, yeah they dont make people like they used to, before, you had to know how to do everthing to survive, think it routed from the great d, but now we sit on our os and call someone.lol. he should have whent to the junk yard and threw a chvy 350 in that bitch, dam old timers.lol.

dude looks cool as shit, and i couldnt inmagine the adventures he exsperienced, maybe one day. but on a bike.lol.
dmbas

Postby sadsack » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 am

Hey Cheeps,

Terrific clip! Well done! Looks like it could be a great doc. Is your cousin shooting it? Producing it? Your uncle (that old rascal!) has the near-perfect documentary face.

Good stuff.

saddy
sadsack

Postby Justjules » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:09 am

I'm wondering if he ever made it to see his old partner....and if she gave my a swift kick in the nuts for his trouble and leaving her all those yrs ago..
Jules
Justjules

Postby cheeps » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Gotta watch the movie Jules!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby AddictAJ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:38 am

Hey cheeps, thanks so much for sharing your story & for your 6 month update. Haven't been able to watch the video (I'm on my ancient iPhone & this shit is slower than a sub detox lol) but once I'm on my computer, I'll be sure to check it out.
Just wanted to say that you are fucking awesome for refusing sub even when you felt like a bag of assholes (lol I heart that expression for some reason) & even had an appt. That, my friend, is strength! You help so many people here & it's awesome but it was good to read your thread & see that you're not so different than I am - don't take that the wrong way...you just seem superhuman to me so seeing you in a vulnerable state reminded me that we are all fighting the same fight; some of us are just further along the battle lines than others.
You rock, Sara!

AJ
"The past is a ghost, the future a dream, and all we ever have is now. Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

Sub-Free February 1, 2012
AddictAJ

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Well kiddies...there is no point in starting a new thread....after all, I'm doing the SSDD....same shit different day.

Today I'm starting my second oxy detox. I had my back surgery may 12th, 2014 and once again it is time to DETOX.....fuck.

So this time I do have some sub and will try it with a 7-10 day taper. I expect to wake up in the am feeling like shit and hope to switch over to the sub tomorrow night. Going to download the C.o.w.s scale and use it to determine when to take first dose of sub. Nap time is calling....better get it while I can.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Opioids Suck