What happens when you jump off 300 mgs Oxy? Or sub....

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: What happens when you jump off 300 mgs Oxy? Or sub....

Postby Neil » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Cheeps

I have ended up on oxy again for bad back pain. I can't believe I thought it would be ok? I was in a lot of pain and I saw the doctor who suggested I go on 15 sr x2 per day. Anyway, long story short, stayed on that for a few months then realised again that I was back in the medicated hell I had got myself free from. I feel really stupid!! Good news is I reduced from 15x2 to 10x1 for a month and I am just starting at 5x1 today. The other good thing, though I don't give myself any credit, is that I have stayed sub free and if I can/did do that I can do this.

I have read your entire thread and I am so glad that you are here, that you are doing this and that you are ok :D
Not sure if I will start another thread or just hang out with you? Anyway, so glad I have somewhere to go with this stuff.
:kiss:
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby cheeps » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Hang out with me Niels...we are fighting the same shit.

Today i'm stable on 30mgs ER and 30mgs IR.....down from 200. I had to go fast so it didn't affect my work schedule. It's a fucking bitch...isn't it. I will be so glad for the day they find better ways to treat chronic pain. I check the regional clinical studies page here. I would gladly sign up...even if I ended up in the placebo group!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:39 am

Yes it's a BITCH.....I do feel lucky that I am not doing this for the first time. I'm going to sit on what I'm on till I settle again. I'm trying to get into the pain clinic at the local hospital, it might take a while but they are very good.

What dose will you jump from? I can't handle too bigger jump cause I have to keep working while I do it.
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 am

I'm creeping from here on out. My method is this...I split the extended release ER so that I'm taking ten mg pieces every eight hours, going twelve makes me hinky. Then I use the immediate release IR in between as rescue doses. Right now I get 3 tens. I've been alternating the two when I drop. So this week I'll work on getting the IR down to 5 mg pieces and therefore drop 15 mgs. It's a bitch but yes, I'm walking off and working too.

After I get the IR down, I'll go back and cut the ER into smaller pieces and continue.

Be patient and don't cut too much.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Don_Pisto » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:26 pm

I really feel for those that have to deal with chronic pain because I see it first hand daily with my wife who has endured 2 spinal fusions, 3 hip replacements AND 3 knee replacements. (That's right 3 knee replacements) She's been prescribed oxycodone and percocet for the past 15 years and has never abused them; say's she hates how they make her feel stupid so she's only taken as needed. The only problem she had with them is dipshit me stealing them during the height of my previous opiate career.

The topic of pain brings up a question I have had but never asked because some might take offense: why is it that former addicts who later have a surgery and are put on pain medication seem to always return to abusing? I read it all the time: a former addict goes in for a root canal and quickly enters another addiction battle and lengthy taper, etc. Are we permanently wired differently? I know in the not to distant future that I'm going to need knee surgery. I've had multiple knee surgeries well before getting into opiate trouble and in each case I was prescribed heavy pain medicine but only took as directed and it was no issue stopping. That's the mindset I have for when I have my future surgery, and if I pull through as planned, will that make me the exception? I'm actually more scared about dealing with the pain medication than I am the surgery
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:49 pm

DP?...I think it depends on a persons pain thresholds as much as anything. While mine is better than it used to be.....I'm now hard wired to need more dope to cover legit pain.

And then there is the life commitment one has to keep to remain dope free. As I have gotten older and my arthritis has gotten worse, there are days I'd LOVE to stay on oxy. But I relish the mental clarity of being dope free. It's so damn good to walk out of the house without carrying enough dope...you know...just in case. Knowing that you are no longer a fucking slave to a pill...knowing you can have meaningful sex and enjoy it...knowing you can beat the fuck out of FREDDY. That methadone detox proved to me that I can do damn near anything.

But then there's a part of me that just loves to sink into a chair zoned out after busting ass all day on oxy. It's like I don't want to sleep either. I want to feel every fucked up pleasant moment the shit brings. So the legit meds make that happen....but as always, realty rears its head. I also have never sereached for drugs...if I didn't get them from a drug store or someone's medicine cabinet...well, I just didn't have any. I never wanted to spend money on any kind of dope...well, before I die I want some shrooms or some damn good smooth acid. I'd pay for that.

Chronic pain is a mindfuck. I cannot ever say I won't get caught up on dope again....it's wishful thinking but I pretty much know each time I use opies, I'll have to taper...even if the use is for a week only...the physical dependency just kicks in.

I believe the brain heals completely but that doesn't mean the opie pathways to the pleasure center go away.

I don't think I answered the question, I'm tired but I do think it comes back to how educated a person is about what happens while on and off dope. Then it's a decision about how you want to live. Those with less stress and mental stability usually manage to throw the shit down...I think. And I guess it depends too on why someone self medicate to start with...many factors.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Don_Pisto wrote:Are we permanently wired differently? I know in the not to distant future that I'm going to need knee surgery. I've had multiple knee surgeries well before getting into opiate trouble and in each case I was prescribed heavy pain medicine but only took as directed and it was no issue stopping. That's the mindset I have for when I have my future surgery, and if I pull through as planned, will that make me the exception?

The question and my tired answer. I hope it makes sense.

There will no exception for anyone who has LAOs in the past. You will have visions of grandeur while medicated...even if only a flashing few seconds. Then you'll push it aside and start planning a taper. The potential game changers are purely medical...any infection or complication and possible issues in PT. When you are rehabing a condition, pain is there.

But as to will you be able to just throw them down mentally....yes. Physically might be different this time. We just won't know until you get through it. It would be GREAT if you ARE an exception. :cheers:

Well it's thundering and I'm going to bed. DP?... :D :mrgreen: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Don_Pisto » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 pm

.... they can land a man on the moon, do open heart surgery on new born babies, transmit information across the globe in under a second BUT two big problems in the world still persist: there have really been no good pain management methods for chronic pain nor has anyone been able to make a football helmet that reliably prevents concussions ....
Sub free since June 4, 2015
Don_Pisto

Postby cheeps » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Don_Pisto wrote:.... they can land a man on the moon, do open heart surgery on new born babies, transmit information across the globe in under a second BUT two big problems in the world still persist: there have really been no good pain management methods for chronic pain nor has anyone been able to make a football helmet that reliably prevents concussions ....

Yeah...They need to fix that shit....I'm reviving my fantasy football money league for another year. Hundred and ten bucks, ten managers, total payoff of 1100.00.

I need two rabid competitors interested in becoming the next fantasy Giant for my yahoo league. Must foam at the mouth and become Neanderthal on football Sunday's. :mrgreen: :banana: :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:58 am

Glad to hear ur back on track cheeps:) :D :D
I don't think I could ever taper oxy. I enjoyed it too much. Ur one strong gal, to do that on ur own. Powerless my ass.

I guess Iam lucky in that sense.. I got myself addicted to the most boring and un euphoric opiate possible (sub)... still tapering blows but I feel fairly confident that someday I'll get low enough to jump.
Anyway, hang in there.
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 am

Yo know I will....my strength comes from you all. My oxy bullshit is nothing compared to the evil sub.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Neil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi Cheeps sounds like a good plan. I am down to 7.5mg sr per day. I have 5 in the morning and a half at night. It sounds like a small amount and it is but I still feel like crap each time I drop. I am planning on dropping to 5 on Monday. I am planning to go down to 2.5 before I jump, what would you do?

On the pain management side of things I got accepted in a study with the Physio department at the local hospital. I had previously seen a Neurosurgeon at the hospital who referred me to the Physio. Anyway, as is our want, we keep trying. My pain is better than it was and I am trying to have faith in the new treatment. I am not going to stay on opiate pain management, :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It's Saturday morning here and I am hoping to see my team play later today. It's cold and windy but I always feel better when I am doing something. Talk soon xx
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby cheeps » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:08 am

If you get as low as possible and suffer on this side, you'll be much better off. The next drop is 20% so be really careful after that. You are ahead of me.

That's fantastic that you going too get extra help. My back pain is starting to settle right around my butt bones. Very notable when I stand up....I think my knee is going and my shoulder. Hah...I don't care. It's not horrible yet.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Neil » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi Cheeps, seems like ss is pretty quiet lately. How are you going with your detox and pain battle? I had to go a bit slower than I wanted to. I ended up going from 10 to 7. I'm planning to get down to 5 soon. I started with the Physio at the hospital and I think it might be good. Time to go to work now.
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby Lucy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 am

Jeezus, Cheeps. I had no idea you'd been dealing with so much this year. You are one hell of a strong woman. How's the foot healing now?
Reducing from 32mg. Dropped from 26mg to 16mg 8th July 2017. August 1st 12mg.
Lucy

Postby Lucy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:11 am

Neil wrote:On the pain management side of things I got accepted in a study with the Physio department at the local hospital. I had previously seen a Neurosurgeon at the hospital who referred me to the Physio. Anyway, as is our want, we keep trying. My pain is better than it was and I am trying to have faith in the new treatment. I am not going to stay on opiate pain management, :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It's Saturday morning here and I am hoping to see my team play later today. It's cold and windy but I always feel better when I am doing something. Talk soon xx

G'day, neighbour. I'm half way through your sub taper thread and finding it very inspiring and helpful. Nice to see another subsux success story here, though sorry that you're facing these difficulties.
Lucy

Postby cheeps » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 am

Lucy wrote:Jeezus, Cheeps. I had no idea you'd been dealing with so much this year. You are one hell of a strong woman. How's the foot healing now?

Lucy, our American health care mess has forced me into having some surgeries that normally I'd schedule further apart...that along with bad teeth, arthritis, and back issues has caused most of this debacle. :banghead:

My ankle is doing great! My back is killing me....hard to sit in a chair and if the chair is too hard, no sitting happens. I've never been one to sit much anyways so I'm used to it.

Strength is a wonderful trait but Ive learned to think of getting thru life's stressors as resilience. If we don't practice that, all the guts in the world are useless. It's easy to sit here and say, ....accentuate the positive...don't be a negative person....but that's what it takes...learning to accept and be proud of the little shit. This struggle we go thru, it's right up there on the stress ladder....so every small skirmish won....even something like not spiking today ...that's a skirmish won...and something to be proud of.

For example...DietDoc...he doesn't see himself as winning his battle....but he is, everyday he's on the planet trying to learn about all the "whys" he has...everyday of wanting to get off this shit is becoming more resilient.

Ok...battery is dying...gotta go.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Lucy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Not being able to just sit comfortably would really wear me down. In the past I've had very minor back trouble and it really got to me after a while. Strangely enough, I found yoga fixed it.

Resilience ... yes, being able to pick yourself up after a knock down. I'm getting better at that as I get older. Life really is much easier as the years go by. In some ways. Almost daily I give thanks that I live where I do and have the security and support that brings. I hate to think of what would have become of me if I lived there.
Lucy

Postby Neil » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:03 am

Hi Lucy

Nice of you to say hello. I will check in on your thread soon. Hang in there and keep going.

Neil
"KEEP GOING"
Neil

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:04 am

Proud of u cheeps.. ur getting super low now.. great job. I feel like u mentioned a timeline for ur taper awhile back..u still thinking ur gonna jump off by a certain date?
nomojo3479

PreviousNext

Return to Opioids Suck