48 hours in. Advice?

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: 48 hours in. Advice?

Postby cheeps » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:36 pm

OnATricycle wrote:Sorry for your loss, subblind. It's truly the devil. My whole life has changed overnight along with my brother's and our whole family, especially the kids. It's horrifying. But, pun intended, sobering. Let me count...I think I'm going into day 10. Doing fine, mild issues but nothing terrible. Very lucky. I've never had an easy withdrawal like this. I have to think it's some cosmic gift so that I can take care of my brother's kids and just cope.

Practicing self care as much as possible. Have to make sure I'm okay if I want to help them be okay. Looking for a therapist. Giving my partner all my cash and having him handle the bills, just as a safeguard. Bc while the thought of using still makes me sick, this is going to be a long haul and who knows how I will feel.

Thank you guys. Seriously. These boards are the best around.

Just soooo glad you have that mindset! You are ready to face the challenge....and yes....take care of your needs and wants too. This is normally a time where we say, be selfish! So you make yourself embrace the person you are....trying to run at 100% now is hard enough as it is. Be content with the emotional you....changes for the good are ahead....you just have to give yourself a break when anything gets out of hand. You can say NO.

Keep posting and know that we are here for you! :cheers2: :cheers: 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby OnATricycle » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:15 am

Thanks, Cheeps!

Sorry, it's been crazy busy. Still doing okay. Random sneezes and sweats on occasion but like once a day, barely noticeable. So busy and overwhelmed but taking time to take breaks for hot baths and making sure I eat and sleep and do what I need to do. My partner has been amazingly supportive. Of me, my brother, this new normal our family is facing, all the uncertainty. If I need to go to bed at 9, he's on it, doing dishes and helping the kids and whatnot. Very lucky.

So my connect texted me after not hearing from me for a week. Disgusted to say I was tempted for that nonexistent "one more time" and briefly contemplated justifying it but nope nope nope. Asked the person to delete my number, told them about what happened to my brother, and the person understood. Still, my guard is up. I have to do this permanently and accept I just can't handle touching pills ever again. Day by day...

Proud of myself and feeling strong, though. Feeling all the feelings of this shitty situation. It's normal to cry and be upset and sad and angry and that is what I'm doing. To an appropriate degree. Wish I had energy for exercise but for now, just going to work everyday and parenting is literally the most I can do. So it's good enough for now.

Thanks again and hang tough, guys.
OnATricycle

Postby cheeps » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:50 am

You sound very determined and tell Freddy the fucker he is no longer welcome in your world. You have shit to do!

Keep checking in! Keep taking care of you!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 pm

It's more than good enough...your doing amazing right now your just to overwhelmed to see it.hopefully your connection completely understands your wishes and doesn't call you again. That's a temptation you don't fucking need and shouldn't have to even consider being part of this equation.glad you have a supportive mate to help you through this,another bonus in your favor.another day over,another day spent doing what's right for you and your whole family...that's more than good enough.you can do this...and you will...
Subblind

Postby OnATricycle » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:30 am

You guys are the best. Rough morning so came to check in here and your messages remind me to keep going and that what I'm doing is good enough. I always want to be perfect (ha!) but nobody is. I'm doing a pretty damn good job. I have a file in my phone where I have listed my motivation for getting and staying off this junk, put pics of my partner and kids and brother and now his kids. These people need me and I need them. I also added a bunch of ideas I got from the boards for things to help me stay calm and do anything but try to score if a craving hits. For now, changed my commute and taking the train instead of driving so that if I have a tough day and feel weak, it's much harder for me to screw up and much easier for me to get home to my partner and ask him to help me out.

Had a horrible night of insomnia and sweats. Clean 15 days so seems odd but I was occasionally taking a piece of sub when I couldn't get anything else, so maybe that's also working its way out. I can hack it.

Thanks again, you lovely people. Subblind and Cheeps, especially.
OnATricycle

Postby cheeps » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Unfortunately you'll have stressful days and weeks for the next little while........so it wakes up Freddy and sez...."motherfucker...you're not doing your job! We could be much happier right now....just go whisper in the bitches ear and we'll be on Vacation Isle some where. Who cares what she wants....we want dope!!"

So Freddy starts pounding you everyday until some of the stress goes away.

You just have to continue to look at your notes and pictures. You've picked a good way to shut Freddy down. Proud of you!!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subblind » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Me too... And we're cheering for you. 15 days off SAO is a longggg time.just hang on,you got this.
Subblind

Postby Subblind » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 am

How you making out kid??let us know where your at...
Subblind

Previous

Return to Opioids Suck