Girlfriend's problem with Percocet

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Girlfriend's problem with Percocet

Postby dalegribble » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi,

I'm a new user, and I'm on here because I am concerned about my girlfriend's Percocet addiction. She takes up to 20-25 in a 24 hour period, which is unsafe because of the acetominophen content. She has no access to stronger opiods.

I know methodone and suboxone are bad ideas, because those drugs are apparently harder to get off of than the regular opiods of abuse. So I've heard.

She's had to cut her supply in half, and now, she's basically going to do a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off kind of thing. She is high for 2 weeks, and goes into withdrawal for two weeks.

I worry about the repeated liver damage from the acetominophen, and I worry about the strain of going through withdrawal over and over again on her body. I don't know how she does this over and over and over again. She gets really sick every time she gets high too. She always throws up multiple times.

I know I can't do anything, because it is up for her to develop the self control to moderate her use.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get high, but she uses no form of self restraint or harm reduction.

What do you guys recommend for her? Is she going to keep doing this until she trashes her liver?
dalegribble

Re: Girlfriend's problem with Percocet

Postby rc51guy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:00 pm

There is EVERYTHING wrong with wanting to get "high" off opiates constantly. Its called being a drug addict. Is she prescribed this? Or getting it off the street? Or a combo of each? Legit medical need? (obviously not for 20-25 a day)

20-25 percs in 24 hours is a TRUCK load of acetaminophen. And yes i would suspect it is most likely doing a number on her liver/body. She needs to seek help. If she cannot stop the percs....maybe at this point low dose subs would actually be harm reduction. As long as her dose isn't 16 mgs a day like most docs rx.

25 percs a day, which normally have 325 MG of acetaminophen in each = 8125 MGS daily. This is more than DOUBLE the max dose advised of 4000 mgs daily.

She needs self control or help. My guess is she needs help.
“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
― John Milton
rc51guy

Postby subster58 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi Dale, I would say she is an addict. 4000mg is the max one should take of Tylenol. If she drinks alcohol that ups the chance of liver damage 10 fold. Also detoxing 2 weeks a month, plus vomiting while taking the percs is BAD. There are many things that happen when you detox as much as she does. IE high blood pressure, bleeding ulcers on and on. She could go into organ failure and it could also destroy her kidneys. You need to get her help or she may not be around to help. I'd call the court system in your area to see what type of forms you would need to get her into rehab ASAP. How old is she?. She has to be buying them off the street as no MD would give her that dose I don't mean to be a hard ass but this is serious shit. I had to Baker Act my brother into rehab for hurting my father while he was drunk. You can always call 211 and they have a wealth of information to help you. I'd call them first. She won't want your help and be really pissed, but that's better to be and be alive. I'm not judging her as I am an addict too getting off subs. She needs professional help at this point. It would be different if she wanted help, but she doesn't as I read that from your post.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Dale, hope I didn't scare you away after my last post. not my intention but she needs help. Know you don't want the cops involved but 211 can give you info that won't involve them.
Good luck. Let us know how you are doing
Peace,
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby subster58 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi Dale, just checking in to see if you have split the scene,,
Hope things worked out for you and girlfriend,
Peace
Tia