HI

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: HI

Postby Poncho » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:00 pm

You did all the work...Congrats !
Poncho

I'm working on 7 weeks clean and I feel great!

Postby cheeps » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:00 pm

RetiredSoldier wrote:Been extremely busy with a merger and not able to get on here.

I still get anxious sometimes, but nothing serious. Feeling better than I have in years. I'm not even in as much pain as I thought I would be. Sleeping 6-7 hours a night with no restlessness at all. Biggest thing is my head and thinking is clear. No more of that haze. Plenty of energy, etc.

It's awesome to have my life back!

Thanks again for all the input, guys. Much appreciated!

Ken

Fantastic!!!! :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby amery2u » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 am

Congrats, Ken~

You DESERVE to have your life back; especially after GIVING life to so many people, in your career.

THANK YOU for your SERVICE>
Anne
Sub-Free Since Easter Sunday~ 4/11/2015 . . and still truckin~..~
amery2u

Postby RetiredSoldier » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:34 am

Checking in: Still clean....working on three months. It's crazy, but I've actually had some anxiety recently and craved a pill. Weird. But, it passed. I've lost 20 pounds (down to 180) now that I'm not lying around in bed after work eating. I'd get home, get a shower and then hit the bed. Eat dinner there watching tv and then have chips or popcorn a few hours later before going to sleep. Crazy looking back on it.

Anyway, sleeping about 7 hours a night. I'm walking in the evenings and working around the new house we just bought. Honestly, the pain (from my injuries) I was in when I quit the pills has subsided to a tolerable level. I take a tylenol and go on. It's all good.

I hope everyone is well.......

Ken
RetiredSoldier

Postby Poncho » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:37 am

Good to hear from you. Keeping busy doing physical things is the key and getting more time behind you. Are you banging your wife again ? :lol:
Poncho

Postby Not a 12 stepper » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:46 pm

RetiredSoldier wrote:Checking in: Still clean....working on three months.
Ken

Hey that's awesome...

You showed up, suffered through detox, and got clean despite chronic pain problems- :thumbup:

Like Poncho said, be glad you took the bull by the horns and tapered yourself, and jumped, instead of letting doctors put you on a long acting opiate...

PS-
Thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country.
Not a 12 stepper

Highscores: 2

Postby cheeps » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Checking in: Still clean....working on three months. It's crazy, but I've actually had some anxiety recently and craved a pill. Weird. But, it passed.

The subconscious sent out a signal. Do you have a specific exercise you do to over ride it? One besides ignoring it? If not, check out some breathing exercises; it sometimes helps to replace the pill thought with a concrete exercise...changing the habit.

Good you are three months out!!! :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Opioids Suck