Dopamine and prolactin.....

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Dopamine and prolactin.....

Postby AVinLo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:48 pm

http://www.entelechyjournal.com/pulling ... r_sex1.htm

FFS....no wonder I stopped sowing me oats while addicted to opiates. Was reading about LDopa supplementation and landed on the above site. Interesting read for those experiencing diminished sex drive after long term opiate addiction. High prolactin and low dopamine equal dead libido. As well as low testosterone and other screwy hormones from opiate addiction. Good thing is it comes back with FURY once off opiates. :D
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Re: Dopamine and prolactin.....

Postby ellua » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 pm

High prolactin is also required for nursing mothers to experience letdown of milk, just one of the many reasons most women who recently had babies have no interest in are or even feel repulsed by the male gender altogether!

Interesting article, I likes the excess/deficient/normal chart a lot.
July 6, 2007: began sub maintenance @ 16mg
2008-2014: lost in the fog
August 8, 2014: last dose ever of subutex @ .5mg
ellua

Return to Opioids Suck