6 year tram and codeine use, 9 days sub, now hell!

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

6 year tram and codeine use, 9 days sub, now hell!

Postby Insertclevername » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 am

I used tramadol and codeine for six years, way above regular dosage levels. Intended for pain fro fibromyalgia, but for the last couple of years I knew it was more for fun/Addiction.

So I was told be online friends that by going onto subutex for a few months i could kick it easily Nd painlessly. I believed them and the doctors backed it all up. So 18 days ago I started subutex. Right from the very beginning it really didn't work with me - I was fresking out with really intense hallucinations, unable to walk, talk etc. the docs got scared and within 8 days I was right off the subutex too. At that point I was so pleased to be let out of that hell.

I'm now 10 days off subs, and 18 days off the others. I feel like absolute crap. It's horrible. I hurt all over. I can stand the pain, i would do Nything to stop it. Every now Ns then I get a few sleeping pills to help me. But that's it.

I wasn't warned of any of this when I decided to come off the tramadol, i miss them so badly. I feel like I've been plunged into this hell and no one can make it stop. I can't take it. I can't stop crying, like really sobbing. I can't parent my kids - I can barely move. Please tell me it will be over soon. I just can't keep going like this.
Insertclevername

Re: 6 year tram and codeine use, 9 days sub, now hell!

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:20 am

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with tram detox, although I've heard its no walk in the park.. I would tackle it the same as sub detox.. keep hydrated, get some imodium and take it at higher doses, take hot baths/showers and try to keep active..

Congrates on the 18 days! And just curious, what dose of subutex did they start you on??
Sub free since 10-20-2012
mynameisDAN82

Postby Insertclevername » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:16 am

Started with 8 mg for three days, then 4 mg for three days, 2mg for two day and then stopped.
Insertclevername

Postby StuckOnSub » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:45 am

Hi and welcome. I am not super familiar with thamadol withdrawal either. From what I understand, it is kind of like a mix of opiate w/d and an antidepressant w/d mixed into one.
You should actually be Thankful that you got off the subutex as fast as you did. I know it may not feel that way now, but I can guarantee that staying on the subutex would have caused way more problems in the long run... (As well as a much longer withdrawal process. Sub w/d is much worse than codeine w/d. Your drs were full of crap when they said there is no w/d from sub!).

Hang in there. It has only been 10 days since you stopped taking opioids - you should start to notice you are getting better pretty soon. Hopefully in another 4-5 days maybe... (I mean I don't know for sure or anything, but it seems like a lot of people turn a corner around 2 weeks or so).

Try and get your mind off all this stuff. I know easier said than done, but the more you think about it the worse/harder it is. Force yourself to take a walk or exercise. Activity really helps, but you really have to force yourself to do it. Soaking in a nice hot bath can be a life saver too...

Just think though, another few days or week of this and you will Never have to go through this again. Pain pills are evil!
Been on (and off) sub for just over 10 years. Clean as of August 10th 2014
Was on benzos for about 10 years. Went off cold turkey on Aug. 21st 2013.
Also, been clean from H (& other drugs) just over 3 years.

Everything I say on this site is just my opinion. I am no expert by any means (and I definitely don't mean to come off that way).
StuckOnSub

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 am

I've heard that the antidepressant part of Tramadol makes it a bitch to detox...but like the guys said, it will be better soon.
Take Dans advice and get some Imodium, it could help to take the edge off...
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby mano » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:52 am

It will get better soon. The best thing you could do at this point is to force some exercise. Get out and walk for a half hour every day. Force yourself to stay hydrated with lots of water, and try to avoid caffeine.

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Trazadone....It's an old school AD that is widely used for sleep in opioid detoxing people. It is non addictive so doctors usually have no problem prescribing it....and it's quite inexpensive.

Many doctors believe Tramadol is non addictive...It clearly is very addictive! Rehabs are full of people getting off of it.

Good luck, hang in there and most importantly don't use any more opiates.
mano
Local Fixture

Postby Insertclevername » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Thanks so much xx sorry I can't find the mental strength to write too much. It helps just to be told it will get better. I feel T the moment like this will go on forever!
Insertclevername

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 am

It always feels that way when your in the thick of it. I didn't believe the folks here when they told me Id get better, but I did, and you will too.
Hang in there..
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Insertclevername » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Just managed to drive to the shops so my kids could chose some sweets, that's the first time I've been able to move in days - already thanks to the hope that things will improve. Am in the UK here, Ns nearly 6pm, OH home soon, and at half seven I can take my sleeping pill and forget having to live for another 12 hours!

I've gone cold turkey on speed, alcohol, diazepam and oramorph before (and cigs) and I swear I'd do all of those together rather than having to live this wd!
Insertclevername

Postby mano » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:36 pm

Try walking...you will feel like it's impossible the first hundred steps, but once you get going it's not so bad, and by the time you get done you will feel a little better. Seriously, it IS the best thing for you right now. Glad you got out of the house at least....That's a start!
mano
Local Fixture

Postby Insertclevername » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Two more days down! That's about ad much enthusiasm as I can muster at this point! Nearly bought OTC codeine today - proud I didn't. The wd shit had better hurry up though as all willpower i slipping.
Insertclevername

Postby runthemachine » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:02 pm

So.. you're 10 days off everything (all opiates)?? You're closin' in on it. By midweek you should be able to start doing things to facilitate the healing, and WDs will start to ebb.

Hang tough, cleaver. :smart:
Eternally... free from nothing.
runthemachine

Postby Insertclevername » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am

Yep - 11 days now! You know today wasnt as bad as yesterday. And yesterday wasnt as bad as the day before. You know im still hurting like hell, but i went to the chemist today and didnt even want to buy so codeine. (Otc stuff is weak as piss, but ive still been battling my desire to go buy it for days kn end!)

Thank you for this forum. Im not better yet, and i suspect tomorrow i wikk be crying like a baby again, but today i can see some future. It helps to read other peoples stories. And it reall really helps to know i did the right thing by getting the hell off subutex as quickly as i didi!!
Insertclevername

Postby Insertclevername » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:04 pm

And sorry for my potty mouth! Im actually a really nice housewife with three children, in my thirties etc. it is just this stuff sends me mad!!
Insertclevername

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:23 pm

We encourage cussing and debauchery here...
Congrats on 11days.
Stay away from the over the counter codeine...without a cold water extraction you'll kill your liver in no time.
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Insertclevername » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 am

Wow, don't some days just feel like day two all over again! Must. Carry. On.
Insertclevername

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:22 am

Yep...detox is like that. Once your encouraged by a good day a lousy one will just show up...
But you do get more good days down the line.
Do keep calm and carry on, it gets better.
Cheers
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby cheeps » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:24 am

Insertclevername wrote:And sorry for my potty mouth! Im actually a really nice housewife with three children, in my thirties etc. it is just this stuff sends me mad!!

Who fuckin cares about potty mouth...... :MrT: :MrT: :MrT: :MrT: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Turboteg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Tramadol is so hard to come off of. I've been taking it for 8 years and I can't count how many times I quit cold turkey and made it out of the WD's all to relapse and start taking them. How many were you taking a day ? It sounds like you have something else going on because the WD's shouldn't last that long.
Turboteg

Postby AVinLo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 am

Oh how I know the perils of tramadol dependence and withdrawal. Ultram was my gateway synthetic opioid. I started that shit back in 2006 prescribed for lower back injury. I heard through the grapevine it could be ordered online cheap just by filling out a questionnaire and read EVERYWHERE how it wasn't addictive..this and that....BULLSHIT! By 2009 I was eating 10-12 pills a day then had first withdrawal episode of my life when I ran out early. I was oblivious to addiction and withdrawal, but learned fast. Horrendous brain zaps and insane anxiety. It was then after a Google search I realized I was fukd from opiate dependence. I think tramadol has since been given more respect as it should.
"Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour or even a year, but ,eventually, it WILL subside. And, something else will take it's place. If I quit however....it will last forever!"

Tramadol- 2006 to 2011♢Vicodin to Oxy's- 2011 to 2013♢Suboxone- 2013 to 2014♢Quit 3 mg Suboxone on 8/26/14
AVinLo

Return to Opioids Suck