Has anyone used METHADONE to get off SUBOXONE??

Heroin, Pain Pills, Methadone are all opioids (aka opiates) and it just plain sucks or feels impossible to get off of any of them. Share about stopping, detox, or the desire to stop any of these.

Re: Has anyone used METHADONE to get off SUBOXONE??

Postby pirana » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:25 am

No Cheeps, I live in a small town about an hour & a half from Houston. Last stretch I wasn't using, about a year & a half ago I made it 5 months & went to a couple of AA meetings in Houston specifically for atheists & agnostics that were great. No mention of god & no lord's prayer etc. But that's a long drive & only twice a week. A discussion board such as this is probably my best source of help since I can relate so well to it. Probably need to hang out here more.
pirana

Postby joelseph32 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:32 am

It shouldn't matter if you don't believe in God. Its Your own conception of a higher power. It doens't have to be God. I know when I'm going to mtgs and talking to people miraculously I don't feel like using. That right there is some power I don't understand that is working.

I used to struggle with the God thing when I first came to AA like 8 or 9 years ago but after hitting some ugly bottoms opened my mind a little.

Today I believe in God but only because I searched and read and realized but for anyone who doesn't it only has to be a higher power. But for those that are atheists there are many that still make it while not believe in "GOD" In fact around here theres a good amount that don't believe in God.

Think.... Where do my thoughts come from? Why is it that suddenly I become willing to change my life while others stay stuck? Is it my own doing or is it a miracle that I've been blessed with the Willingness to change. We think we make our own thoughts but really they just come about. Theres only a small part that we play which is choice...The willingness to change to me is some sort of higher power working in my life. As soon as I start trying to anaylze it or understand it I get more confused.
joelseph32

Postby cheeps » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:16 am

. It doens't have to be God. I know when I'm going to mtgs and talking to people miraculously I don't feel like using. That right there is some power I don't understand that is working.

Don't get confused Joel....you answered your own question. Bonding with like human beings is what saves your ass. The higher power is the the power of human connection. We've been taught by organized religion to believe in an almighty, when actually the good of us humans is just as mighty. All good....all mighty.

Read, "Chasing the Scream" when you can.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby jwmann2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:26 am

Wouldn't recommend it at all. Even resorting to methadone or suboxone from regular opiods alone is trading one addiction for another. The only reason it would make sense to switch from methadone to suboxone would be if you encountered a problem with insurance, doctor, income, etc and you weren't able to get access to or afford another.
jwmann2

Postby cheeps » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Dude, this thread is older than the Grand Canyon....tell us what's really on your mind. :spank: :spank: :spank:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Opioids Suck