Ratch- my 1st 42 days off sub

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Ratch- my 1st 42 days off sub

Postby Justjules13 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 am

I'm not a Dr...but I play one on SS..
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone-slow taper to zero, very minimal WD (jump date 12/9/14)
Justjules13

Postby LDP » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Ratch and others, I have been off subs for 10 days,expierencing everything you all have posted .I was never a opiate addict but having done my share of drugs in the 70s.I was put on subs for pain management and fell right into the suboxone Hell. I wish i had seen this site prior to starting.The suboxone group is so powerful and anything that threatens there bank account they must have full time internet techs that protect there product and are doing great job hiding sites like this.I was unable until today to discover your site and i have goggled for this info many times and this would not come up.Of course i questioned the doctor about side effects he doubled my dose to 16 mg and tapering ,my symptoms were being caused by something else.Of course i went through thinking i had about everything possible.I would like to know how old you are.I am late 50s and the anger in me for being put in this situation by Doc and myself.I droped from 16 to 8 in oct. as i had to take a look at what i had become and the mental cost to family and myself.In dec. i went to 2mgs ,things started to change mentaly so i could see how much effect it had had on my nolife period .I got to .5 and jumped 10 days ago i feel horrible though threw my anger i have managed to make,force myself to try and get out and do small things and will do more each day.Its very hard to even type this.After being on subs for 1 1/2 years,how long is this going to take.I have the drive to do this but it scares the hell out of me that this could last a year by some accounts .Dose anyone have the magic mix to get threw this i cant stay like this that long thanks i am a little overwhelmed at some of the stories.I hope this makes a little sense i am very foggy.Thanks to all members LDP
LDP

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 am

Hi LDP...your almost thru the worst of it....hang in there and it gets better after a couple weeks. Please start your own thread so we can keep track of you. Welcome!!
Jules
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Mrblazed » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Justjules13 wrote:I'm not a Dr...but I play one on SS..

that's DR. jules to you! or is it nurse...... I think we all like to play doctor sometimes :boobshake: :spank:
Mrblazed

Postby Will » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:45 am

I am a new member and grateful for this forum. My name is Will I've been on Suboxone for a little over a year. Started with the 8 mg strips and tapered down to 4 mg. I've been trying to get off this hideous maintenance program for a while with not much success. I've read a lot of encouraging messages and feel better knowing there are people out there that have successfully gotten off suboxone. At times I feel so hopeless. The anxiety and mental weakness is scaring me. I'm over the lying to myself and everyone I love and the extreme methods used to keep my secret. I'm trying the taper suggested on this site; I have a jump off date and may go to a 28 day rehab on my jump off date if I'm still struggling. I miss my old life when I wasn't on chemicals. I don't really know if I'm in the right area of this forum but I'm looking to connect to other people that have been successful or are going through the same overwhelming experience. If there is anyone out there that can help me use this site better please share your experience. Im so over the lying my suboxone Dr dishes out and could really use some truth and help.
Will

Postby Justjules13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey Will, congrats on tapering. Did you start a thread to track your progress? Getting to 2mg is not too terrible...it gets a bit harder under 2, but you can do it.
I'm on week 6..-along with three other people here. It's doable!
J
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby Will » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Jules. I feel dim asking what a thread is? How do I create one? Is it just a post? or a specific area for a sequence of dialogue? I'm doing a morning dose of 3 mg of sub and 1 mg dose around 8-10 hours later. I'm going to try to fade my morning dose by .5 mg to 2.5 mg and do 1 mg later in the day. I have a full time job working with the public and can't get too irritable. My time table for this gradual taper is 12 weeks. 6 weeks sub free sounds amazing!! Just reading your words gives me hope. And hope has been non existent. Thank you. I feel so alone.
Will

Postby cheeps » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 am

Will....click on this link to go to a thread I made for you. Post your thoughts here....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2210
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back surgery 5/12/14
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Oxy free 12/06/14
2017 taper in progress
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby BeenOnSubFiveYears » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:04 pm

So you're saying that it'll take me about 90 days to feel alright again? I've been on it for 5 years by the way. I've been really scared since I'm running out of Suboxone and I'm trying to find out exactly what I'm in for.
BeenOnSubFiveYears

Postby Justjules13 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Yes...
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby ExitWounds » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Ratch, I have read up to your day 14, I will read the rest tomorrow, if you did this I know I can, I totally laughed my ass off at the 600 lb. gorilla analogy, hah! So true, exactly where I am at, did you find that he climbed on you every time you tried to close your eyes and it took at least 2-3 hrs of hard work to get him off but by then you warned to nap because he kept you up all night. So true.
Because easy has no meaning.
ExitWounds

Postby jbehr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:12 am

My doctor did not want to taper me with bupe patch he said withdrwls are much longer. Your getting full dose bupe. Taking sublingual u don't get most of sub you are taking. Patch Ur are getting a constant dose with no break. Tramadol first 3 days that doesn't help. I'm far from good just going off my doctors opinions. Like when he said 16 mg is perfect dose for me when I was clean 10 days off pills :-) :-) :-) :-) if I'd read this forums 2 years ago I'd stopped first year. Yes sub got my life on track got a good job rid of a lot of contacts for dope, but 7 years!!!! Yikes. I bet this guy went through hell and age and laying in bed don't help from my past experiences. 13 days my friend says he been on for 4 years jumped at 16 mg as the worst. He took many other drugs too. Age metabolism and a great dose of good attitude....''fuck subs'''' gets you out of bed. I'm weak I really am if somebody called me and said they got a rig full of tar for me I'd be gone. Gave my original phone to my folks turned all my finances over to them, cleared my account gave to them :-) now I have to deal with it. If I was a new comer and read this is call my doctor lol. Faith and keep thinking your going to do this quicker. Its fuckn tough but we went through great lengths to get our DOC you have to go through great lengths to kick it. Good luck anybody who reads this. Day 8 I'm alive and well not healthy but I'm noticed change. I went into this counting by months Cruz expect the worse so bad seems good
Vicodin 2011
Percocet 30-180mg Iv 2012
Suboxone/subutex 2 years
Jumped 4/6/14 skip method AND FAILED
Back on subutex poison tapering until April 15 2015 jump
jbehr

Postby ExitWounds » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Good luck man, keep in touch on the site, I'm at day 19 off subs and I feel so-so. I'm looking forward to so much in my future and Ratch not seeming to miss being an addict seems to keep the light at the end of the tunnel shining for me.
Because easy has no meaning.
ExitWounds

Postby luther blissett » Thu May 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi-I just want to thank everyone for their support-I've been the reading the posts for a week or two, there's a great deal of information here and it's been a big help. I wanted to finally say something-I picked up a habit in 2009 2010 and it was bad enough, about $80 a day y'know-and I got on Sub, I was doing like maybe I stared at 28 megs a day and it helped at first, it did; but two years I ago I finally wanted to quit-and that was at 8 megs and I jumped off and that was stupid! I was pretty sick-I didn't understand the stacking etc etc...so I started tapering I got down to one meg a day in October and last Friday I finished it (I was skipping days etc)-this is day six and the tapering really helped: I don't really have any withdrawal symptoms (background: I first kicked dope in 89, then I had a habit from 92 to 95 so I'm qualified y'know) if I knew how insidious suboxone was then I never woulda started and I'm done with it. I can't sleep and I've given up trying. I'll sleep when my body needs to. I feel much more lucid. I feel some hope and I didn't feel that for a long time. I urge anyone who reads this and wants to quit to start tapering NOW, it's not going to go away and this site has helped me to understand that I've got to get off (and I ain't a mystic, I'm smoking Luckies and weed-I'm staying away from booze and the whole meeting thing is such bullshit-NA is for people that can't afford scientology and don't like the food at hare Krishna-but that's another story! thanks everyone for being here. I'll be back. oh! lenny bruce said that "junkies exaggerate withdrawal to get sympathy from straight people and to rationalize their own habits"-and y'know, there is SOME truth to that. good luck!
luther blissett

Postby Justjules13 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 am

Well, Lenny exaggerated it into the grave. :lolno: ...(huge Bruce fan, except the last boring trial stuff...)
Liked what you said about NA, although I went the first 6 weeks of sub WD just to get outta the house.
The dancing hare Krishnas were tempting at the time too....
The physical withdrawal from Suboxone at low doses is not the major problem...it's the mental that wears you down. What to do after a life of opiate numbness....and the lasting lack of motivation.
That's why people go to NA and such...
I'm a yr out and still dealing with the boredom that opiates suppressed... :problem:
Getting off opiates is the easy part...staying off them requires work.
Good luck, and welcome. Start a thread, if you like...
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Previous

Return to Sub Sux