16mg to 8mg already

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

16mg to 8mg already

Postby G8erMike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:03 am

So last week I posted my first post. I shared the mess I have created in my life from abusing this crap and that I was at the end of the line with this crap. I told my wife that I have been "binging" and she is devasted...as am I.

So the latest is that I spoke to my doc last week, I told him that I have been abusing and that I wanted to start tapering off ASAP. The fucker argued with me for 20 minutes about me staying on the med for my "pain mgmt even though I told him I have been taking anywhere from 32mg-48mg at a time. I was adamant that I want off and finally he agreed to start the taper. He suggested we go from 18mg to 12mg and taper over and about a year.

I have on my own dropped from 16mg to 8mg over the past 4 days. I don't feel stellar but I am doing ok.

Thanks
G8erMike

Re: 16mg to 8mg already

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:16 am

Good for you G8erMike! Tapering from 16 to 8 is fantastic. You should hold on 8 mg's until you feel no symptoms of dropping your dose. 50% is a huge drop, but you can drop that much in the higher doses with some determination. After that, I would suggest that you only drop 2 mg's now, adjust & hold for 10 to 14 days. I like to drop and hold until I adjust to every little WD symptom that presents itself. Then you can drop another 2 and see how that goes.

Ms. cheeps will be along with a good taper schedule for you. You are not alone here. We're all dropping from all different doses. We're a nice group and we would love for you to join us to freedom.

I hope you continue to feel okay at 8 mg's. You've got your taper started and we will support you in any way that we can. Stay strong my friend! You've finally found the right place!
Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 am

Mike, so good to hear from you!! I was worried that I scared you off with the links I posted, I hope you read them, you need to knowledge and you can get so much out of them. You don't have to suffer during this whole journey. I thought you would confront the Drs, as you can see, you'll need to call the shots. We can teach you how to do this so you can succeed with a better mental clarity. If you are a wise businessman, you know that every bit of education on this is needed to give you the successful outcome you want.

The main thing you need to understand and tell yourself every day is this.....it's took you years to get to this point....it's going to take this year and part of next to get off.

So, your biggest buggerboo is what you told me you don't have....patience. You will learn this or you will beat your head against the wall in frustration over and over.

Cats meow said it.....YOU MUST LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. This drug is unlike others, long tapers require what we call " homeostasis". You must allow your body to stabilize between drops before you keep pushing. It's a very tiring process that you can manage better if you take your time. You didn't just get this way....you must consider it like an illness....your body heals slower than your mind wants it to. You will be soooo tempted to just get off. But....jumping to soon will cause you many issues after you have. That's the part that we are going to try and help you get over.

You've been on some type of drug for how many years now?

Glad you are back...now start telling yourself, I'm going to do this and I'm going to learn patience. :banghead: :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am

Mike....here is a thread of someone that reminds me of you....he has been sub free for about three years now. Read the whole thing and learn from his mistakes of going too fast. He did not have pain issues like you do.....but other than that....

He jumped once and failed....he had to learn patience. Don pisto is one of my favorites. His story is awesome. Heed his words.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2902
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby G8erMike » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Thanks Cheeps.
G8erMike

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 am

Mike. If you've been able to get to 8mg, thats awesome!!! DON"T SPIKE!!! You don't need to. Do as Cat an Cheeps are suggesting, stabilize, read read read. Worry about the next drop when your body tells you its cool. You can do this. Its all about giving it the time. Stay with us, we are here for you. And now you are here for us, at least I hope so

We do this together. I have never, for one second, felt alone since I found SubSux. Join us. This place is a party!!
And Cheeps dances on tables if you ask. :cheers: ;) :cheers: ;) :cheers: ;)

Forward!!!!!

Anna
Annalo57

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:27 am

Great job mike, glad you came back, was hoping I didn't scare you off, just wanted to give you real information but a 16-->8mg drop shows real dedication to start all this, you're on your way my friend. Just a piece of info that helped me throughout... any time you take more sub than you're used to, your body will make more opiate receptors to compensate for the increase, but once that one higher dose is metabolized, those receptors will scream for more giving you withdrawal symptoms. The taper is the opposite, slowly killing off those receptors without experiencing too much shock to the system at once.

A 16mg to 8mg dose is a big drop and great progress, 8mg is a very realistic dose that we are all familiar with. Give yourself a few weeks before you do another drop, let yourself heal up from the least beating before you look for the next one. What are you expectations over the next few months?
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby nomojo3479 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:14 am

Hell yeah, great to have u gatormike. Keep us posted with how ur feeling on 8mgs.. it may get rougher for a couple days or it may be fine..
nomojo3479

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 am

GATORRRRRRRRRRR
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 pm

Yeah....where is that fucker anyways??

GATORRRRRR???

Good, bad or ugly......enquiring minds want to know!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:07 pm

GatorMike are you out there? Listen man, it doesn't matter what you've been doing or have done. There is no judgement here I promise. We've all been where you are.

Tell us what's going on. We want to see you succeed. You did a huge drop. I went from 16 to 14 to 12 to 10 to 8 over many months. You did it in one go. Big props for that.

Hope for an update soon.

Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Rascal123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Just backing up others

Gattor ive been around a couple of weeks. These bods are sound as! If you want off sub, want to talk pop in when you can hey matey. No one bites here!
Rascal123

Return to Sub Sux