FirstPost- Bupe, emotionally flat, low testosterone

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

FirstPost- Bupe, emotionally flat, low testosterone

Postby Rascal123 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, I wish everyone here the best in their recovery! I'm not selfish and will happily help wherever possible! This my first time being active on a recovery forum. I read but don't post. Thanks for creating me an account admin appreciated.

My post is about the long-term effects of suboxone has had on me. Im 43 from the UK, Plus, desperately wanting to get off it. I joined the other place and my comments were taken badly. Then I worked out the owner of the forum runs a sub clinic. I tackled him head on and fairly, a debate. I got slaughtered by a hoard of howling women lol.

I would love to hear if others feel the same as me, have recovered and finally some good advice, guidance.

I've been on 8mg of bupe for 2 years plus (started on 16mg) and I'm just coasting along day by day, depressed, emotionally numb, bad anxiety, low self-esteem. Nothing is fun anymore. I've tried self-medicating again with all sorts to get rid of my black dog Inc. Counselling, exercise. After much research and knowing my own mind I'm convinced the bupe is blocking my feel good, emotional sensors. I used to love reading, going out, sports, all sorts. I don't even feel the buzz I used to get from 2 pints.

Now I'm completely flat. Emotionally. Bupe and methadone do save lives I know! But being on them long term? wellbeing, state of mind. As a short-term reduction plan yes. long term in my opinion a big no no. I've experienced suboxone withdrawals as I tried to cut down to quick and they are as bad or if not not worse than other opiates. I also done something very silly. I had some "Naltrexone" tablets from years back. Recommended by a friend to stop alcohol urges.

I fancied a beer so took a 100mg tablet. I was on my own in my house. Sent me into precipitated withdrawal in 15 minutes. I cannot even begin to describe. Sheer agony, my body felt like it had been thrown into a fire. I was crying, screaming. too horrific to explain. If I had a gun and could have used it I swear I would have pulled the trigger.

My wife found me 4 hours into this and I was in A&E/hospital for 24 hrs. In the morning, no sedatives given, the bupe was stripped from my brain after 2 years build up. The pain had subsided to bearable and I was an emotional wreck. I was in a ward with dying old men, there’s me taking up a bed, my family hurt. When my wife came to pick me up I sobbed like a baby. First time in many years. My emotions were most certainly back. I was sick, ill, still hurt but my head was clearer. Hard to explain.

DO NOT DO THIS PLEASE. Mine was a genuine foolish mistake.

I wanted to stay off the bupe and suffer it out as I’d done something that is usually done my medical experts and your put into an induced coma and supervised. ultrafast Detox Costs about £5k.

I went back on bupe as I was told too (which I now regret) and benzo's and in 2 days and starting to recover. wish I had toughed it out as nothing could compare to that 24hrs.

I want off bupe so badly and have been researching micro dosing lsd. I'm playing with fire again and not sure what to do. I am cutting down and will continue to do so but I hear that last mg is a real b**** to come off.

Any advice, experiences would be greatly appreciated. Good luck all and thanks for taking the time to read.

One thing for other members (not teaching to suck eggs) is long term opiate use, inc meth and suboxone has around 40% chance of causing low testosterone. Mine was 5Nmol (That of a 90 year old man) I felt much worse than I do now. TRT helped but wasn't the magic bullet.

I just want the old fun, happy go lucky me back. I got hooked on Oxys and benzos at about 35 after a breakup/mid life crisis.

Thank you all and seriously best of luck getting of this shit!
Rascal123

Re: FirstPost- Bupe, emotionally flat, low testosterone

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Hey man, welcome
This is the place to be for customizing an effective taper for your life.. tons of people have been working their way off sub on here lately... I’m currently tapering at .60 mg a day, I was on 3 mg a day for a decade previous and heroin for about s decade before that.
I really do think that if you can allow your body to adjust to each drop you can walk off with minimal acute side effects.. that being said tapering fucking blows... achy, anxious, emotional, but none of it overwhelming and all of it is under my control.. anyway, kinda rambly.. I’m baked at the moment. Anyway, glad to have you here...
nomojo3479

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm

And yes precipitated withdrawal is a really awful thing... really really awful. I too started trt like 3 years into my sub use.. I used test for the last 7 years and came off 3 months ago now... that came back surprisingly quickly considering I’m still taking some bupe... ya sub and test can almost make u feel normal but not quite and it doesn’t last (at least it didn’t for me)...
nomojo3479

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 am

Welcome you Rascal! So you're tapering now? What mg's are you currently taking? Sorry to hear about the debacle with the rapid detox. Not good. You can't treat bupe like other opy's. It's not that at all.

Ms. cheeps should be along with a good low & slow taper schedule for you. Low & slow is the only way to go on this insidious drug. As Mojo said this is the place to be. We don't hold back here. You get the good, the bad & the ugly of tapering bupe. But if you can do it, you will be free.

You can get your life back, just as we all plan to do. We've got a wonderful group tapering now. Come join us and welcome to SS!

Cat
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Hey rascal...you are uncensored here so you can say fuck, shit, and all that good stuff....and hey....you can tell the truth and the wimmen wont howl at you. He's got quite the following doesn't he? What they don't want to tell you is...some of there members come here to get off because of that crowd of howlers. Ain't happening here.

I think your ideas are spot on....short term detox only....seven days at the most.

I gotta run but wanted to yell cheerio! And be back soon!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Rascal123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Aww balls, spent 30 mins doing a reply and logged out :D

Thanks all, appreciate the warm and straight talking welcome! I'll be back :)

keep up the fight and hats off to al those trying or have done it :cheers-smashed:
Rascal123

Postby Rascal123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:52 pm

cheeps wrote:Hey rascal...you are uncensored here so you can say fuck, shit, and all that good stuff....and hey....you can tell the truth and the wimmen wont howl at you. He's got quite the following doesn't he? What they don't want to tell you is...some of there members come here to get off because of that crowd of howlers. Ain't happening here.

I think your ideas are spot on....short term detox only....seven days at the most.

I gotta run but wanted to yell cheerio! And be back soon!

Yep long story over there as I didn't know it was a pro sub board run by a sub doctor! About a year ago I joined. lasted a week lol.

I had him nailed as I found previous medical reports he had written and discussions about bupe, inc causing low testosterone. This was before he started his clinic and was on the fence about the new drug/ I think the $$$$$'s took over. They would have none of it! I kept it fair too/balanced, listened to pros and cons.

The guys a fucking lying cheating crook who sadly has an small army backing him, I done some research on a lady called "Amy" who runs the forum show for him, she's connected to him and the clinics!

For another time, pop in there now and look at some of the threads its all coming out and people are afraid to say a bad word about sub!

Got to be balanced, that forum is dangerous!!!!!!! A front, selling aid for his clinic or no of clinics now.
Rascal123

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 pm

I totally agree....I wanted to mention that if you get logged out, it's because you haven't checked the little box under the password. It's sez, keep me logged in until I manually logout.

Always copy your posts before you hit submit just in case you have to leave the room. The board will log you out after about an hour if you don't tell it to keep you logged in.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Hello Rascal. Welcome to SubSux. The forum where people who want off this crappy shit come for help. I came and I got help. Now I'm at .32mg and working my way down slowly. I'm using the liquid method which has been working well. Everyone here is cool. There are no judgements here. We all say pretty much what we want, when we want. Even if it isn't about our tapers. We vent here. If you're going to do a Sub taper it's really good to have a place to vent.

So again, welcome. Cheeps is the woMAN!!! She will guide you. And, there is so much info here, you could read for a very long time and not get to it all. Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. You've come to the right place. No Bup fans here.

Best to you

Anna
Annalo57

Postby Rascal123 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:33 pm

opps Ive been calling Cheeps "mate", swearing. I'm lucky I'm sure I've not offended :/In the UK everyones "Mate" lol

Annalo57 thast really good to hear and such an achievement, no one knows what this drug is like and hopefully never will. Full kudos and respect. Stay with it! Its a breath of fresh air here, thank you all!

I have a few things to deal with at home, family and work but I will make a point of being as active as possible, not just for me but for others too.

Have a great weekend peeps n Cheeps ;)
Rascal123

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 am

Shit....I'm more a bloke or a mate than a chickie. There is only one word we ask peeps not to use and that is CUNT. Oh and nigger, don't say that either. Everything else goes and if you want to really blow someone out, you ask them to meet you in the war zone. Our little place for showdowns.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Rascal123 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:20 am

did make me chuckle, yes there are a few words that I wouldn't use! The above being some of them. No racist.

Nigger seems really old here in the UK, not used at all anymore.

Ok ive spent a week on 6mg and am now determined to start my reduction. 8 to 6 was OK.

I will look but any advice or link to a taper plan based on 6mg would be really helpful. I don't want to be lazy just want to make sure I follow the most successful plan. I am on Bupe only, not subutex, no narolex, Sublingual tabs.

I've been fortunate I've never craved opiates whilst on bupe, nor have I tried.

I choose bupe over Methodone as I knew I couldn't abuse whilst on it and it seemed the better option. Is this the general feeling here? I don't want to create a debate. I suppose what I'm asking is are both as hard to get off as one another? I do have the option to switch to methodone.

Any advice, pointers really appreciated. Thanks
Rascal123

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 am

Ya man they both suck a lot to get off (bupe vs methadone).. I’ve never kicked methadone myself but I have watched a couple people go thru it. And I wouldn’t wish that shit on anyone.. and u don’t crave opiates while ur on bupe because all of ur opiate receptors are covered with bupe (an opiate).. ur brain won’t crave a substance it’s currently saturated and marinating in..
I know it’s all depressing to hear this.. but IMO it’s all very true
nomojo3479

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:47 am

Rascal, I've only had one massive craving since being on bupe. It was when I dropped from 8 mg to 6. Huge craving. Never felt one of those before. It went away but it was an eye opener. (Never been on methadone or have any experience with it.)

Then I dropped from 6 to 5 only. Next up 5 to 4.5. After that I only tapered by .25 mg's. Sure, it's been slow but doable. Now that I'm at 2, not really sure what my future drops will be. I will test the waters and see what works for my body & mind. I've worked throughout this taper too.

Hope this helps.
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Return to Sub Sux