16mg for 10 years...20 Month Taper...Jumped 4 days Ago

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

16mg for 10 years...20 Month Taper...Jumped 4 days Ago

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:35 pm

To read about how I FINALLY arrived at this end point go to my taper thread, creativity named 'My Taper Thread' at: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3391

Before I write what, why, when and how this happened (and how I feel from it and about it) will all you great people please take a moment and stand for the SubSux National Anthem. If you have a great stereo system please crank it up; if not, get your best headphones and crank them up. This is for everyone that helped me and continue to help many others, while also fighting for ourselves.

PS: I know this song isn't about what I am using it for but the way I see it, if you're on sub part of you is dead inside already, the good news is you can get it back, you can get you back, all of you.

Last edited by Subverted DietDoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Re: 16mg for 10 years...20 Month Taper...Jumped 4 days Ago

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:58 pm

Wow Doc this is great! I'm so thrilled to be the first to say way to go!!! You fought the good fight with your slow & low taper and now it's time to reap the rewards that are coming your way. It's an honor to be involved with you on this journey my friend. Now you look only to the future. You're finally free and I couldn't be more proud of you. I'll be thinking of you in the days, weeks & months to come. Be good to yourself because you deserve it. Congrats! :cheers2:
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 pm

GO YOU!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) :blowme:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:53 pm

26 more days to fulfillment of my most sublime dream, a dancing banana. The Gold Medal of SubSux!

The Unsubverted DietDoc, telling subs to fuck off for almost 120 hours!

I feel really weird...no shitting around...I am in a very odd headspace. And this damm priapism is painful. Phap.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Smots » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Hahaha. Sorry about the pain! I had trouble a few times, trying to sleep. Work it out. 2-4 times a day. Hahaha... helped me.

For me, days 4-7 were the “worst” .. not bad really but worse than all the others. Lack of Sleep was the main issue, and slight RLS. If you can beat those 2 for the next couple days I think you’ll be great. Oh yeah and eat right. I kinda figure you know this already but hey. Great job man! I’m impressed!

Holla
Smots
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
Smots

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Now that I'm back home and can celebrate....well,

WoooooHooooo!!

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Well WOW!!! Just WOW!!! You did it Doc!!! Its all downhill from here. Congratulations!!! I'm giddy for you. I know how hard you've worked to get here. Very very cool!!! Still some work to do, but its all Sub-free, so how hard can it be???

You make me feel powerful!!!!!!!

Right behind you buddy. :cheers-smashed: :cheers-smashed: :cheers-smashed: :cheers-smashed: :cheers-smashed:

XOXO
Anna
Annalo57

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:16 am

ahhhhhhhh this is the post I needed to see right now. Congratufuckinglations DD. You have to be on day 5 now, like Smots said, just focus on the next 2-3 days and get through those, gets exponentially easier from then. Days 5 and 6 were worst for me so don't be surprised if you get hit with a spiked bat sometime soon. But you've prepared well in the low taper so you got this. The heavy lifting is done, just crawl through the next few days and you'll be feeling better soon. good shit diet doc.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby SubJumpa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 am

So fucking cool Steve!!! Congratulations man!! Your hard fought battle is a true testament that if deep down you really want something bad enough there is nothing that can stand in your way!! U da man :shred: :thumbup: :shred: :clap: :shred:
SubJumpa

Postby nomojo3479 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:17 am

:) this is awesome
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 am

Any gory details to report? inquiring, snoopy peeps want to know how you feel??
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:18 am

Hey DD! Congrats dude! Yes, please tell us how you're doing! ~Dotz
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 pm

So, let me start with a big thanks for knowing you’re all out there, and while fighting your own tremendous battles, still rooting for me. I have not, and will not, let me or you down.

The Jump: This is a bit more of a post-jump fight then I thought I’d have to contend with. But remember, I did 4 dose reductions in 17 days. The final one to .09mg was only for a day and a half so it hardly counts.

I don’t regret my decision to expedite what would have been at least a couple more months of tapering. I know it sounds a bit corny but it was my heart that said no more, you have to do this now.

Last Friday night I took the second of my 2 daily (split) doses. I had cut pieces such that the second dose was the first new drop dose. I must have been right at some physiological threshold becasue 2-3 hours later I was having a whole new type of withdrawal I hadn’t had, hard-core deep body restlessness. I bet most of you know exactly what I am describing, the complete and total inability to relax. I toughed it out until my morning dose and an eyelash size piece of sub took it away, for 2 hours. So I toughed it out again for 10 hours until my evening dose, took the second .045mg and again felt better for an hour or so and then the full-body spasms retuned.

I had to make a decision, increase my dosage and lengthen the time on each one - or pull the plug right then and there. I am not embarrassed to write that when I said the words, ‘this is it, I just can’t do this anymore’ I was crying so hard I could barely breathe. But that’s how it happened now a few hours away from 6 days ago. Fuck you sub, I win.

Symptoms: If you think tapering is a weird ride wait until you jump. Of course there’s a million variables so my experience may ring true for some, but by no means all. With that said...
My leg sornesss that plagued me for the last month of my taper is actually better, not gone but improved. My mood is pretty good, all things considered. There’s just this one thing that is horrible and terrible. The body restlessness persists. I am taking at least 5 jacuzzi’s a day a minimum. I can lay down for 20-30 minutes afterwards and then bamm it starts up again. It’s like insomnia but with Seal Team Six interrogators using ‘enhanced techniques’ to extract information out of me. Believe me, if I knew anything I’d spill it cause this blows. However, I have been down this road before big time and more than once, and this feels like the end of this phase, not the beginning or even the middle. It will end soon. I know this in my heart, too.

Comfort Meds: I had tapered pretty low off Xanax (never beeen an issue for me thank god) but let’s just say we’ll be hitting the reset button on that taper. I tried a potent NSAID as they have a known side effect of causing profound sedation and it helped and I got 2 hours sleep last night, hey it’s a start. I have clonodine but they never worked for me. I have every manner of sleep agent know to man but they’re all bullshit. I can start an IV and use Versed but without monitoring I’d likely die which would make all this moot. So I’m going to try an old standby by tonight...Phenobarbital. The restlessness is coming from the brain, not the muscle, that’s just where the ANS is sending it’s efferant death signal to and Phenobarbital acts on that part of the CNS...we’ll see.

I can tell you this: I know myself, and although when this whole-body RLS type symptoms ends I know they’ll be more to contend with, maybe even forever. But when this particular symptom ends, so does my withdrawal. I can handle anything.

I wish everyone strength. We are the chosen few who are smart enough, brave enough and honest enough to suffer to gain our lives back and not die some tragic ‘ORT’ schlubb.

Rock On.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby Martin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Doc -congrats! Sorry your having a rough time. Man, the worst part of it
is the RLS. Am I right? I can even handle the insomnia, if I could just lay there and
be still! I'd jump right now, if it wasn't for the fucking RLS!

Have you tried a Dopamine Agonist? After jumping from
2-3 mg My RLS went away on Day 26, the same day I went to my
doctor and asked for a Dopamine Agonist. I wish I could
remember which one. It may have been just a coincidence,
but it's worth trying. Just thought I'd throw that your
way.

Congrats again! :thumbup: :clap:
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Avoid caffeine and alcohol, both of which can make symptoms worse. Take a calcium/magnesium supplement at bedtime. Try 500 mg of calcium citrate and 250 to 500 mg of magnesium to calm nerves and muscles.

Here's a little blurb to read....I took requip during my methadone jump. It helped but it also stopped helping after a month....so I can say...short term use worked for me.

http://www.health.com/health/condition- ... 72,00.html
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:24 pm

:lol: :blowme: Ok Steve....cough up a report, the good, the bad, the ugly....have you worn out your monster boner yet?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

Subverted DietDoc

Postby cheeps » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 pm

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 pm

:shock: Hours away from completing my first sub free week. Seems surreal. Symptoms are slowly fading. The restlessness has always been the worst of it and that’s a lot better but not totally gone. Sore legs and joints persist but also improved. Several people have written the first week is the toughest and somehow I did it. I fought my taper more than I embraced it but the jump itself was a 100% zero option commitment. When each of you jump it will be the same because you build it up in your heart for so long the relief far outweighs the stress, doubt and any acute, subacute or post acute symptoms. Jumping was the easiest part. Tapering is the battle, jumping is the victory. Look forward to it, your day is coming.

Hey Cheeps...did you know the Avrett Brothers are you neighbors?

Subverted DietDoc

Postby nomojo3479 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am

I’m super happy for you.. uve left ur chains behind. That’s fuckin beautiful man..
nomojo3479

Next

Return to Sub Sux