Tapering Sub - my diary and any advice appreciated

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Tapering Sub - my diary and any advice appreciated

Postby T-Rock » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:03 pm

For me the music was always there but I had to have alcohol with it. Just lately, I would say once I hit the 2mg mark, all I want to do is listen to loud good music. I have a turntable so I spin the black circle and it sounds awesome. It honestly keeps me going when I feel like shit.

I went for a 5 mile hike today in the beautiful desert with headphones blasting, sun shining, and it felt so good. If you loved music before it will come back and it's awesome!!

As for the taper, I really appreciate the advice of splitting doses into 2X a day - what a huge difference it made me feel today. I think I am going to wait another couple days before I drop as I want to make sure my body is ready. Slow and steady wins the race I think.

I really enjoy reading about everyone's progress - keep it up everyone and we will all kill this thing! T
T-Rock

Postby T-Rock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 am

The advice of splitting the dose in half and taking twice per day was priceless! Thanks! Today was a pretty good day. Sleep still an issue but that melatonin worked last night as I got about 6 hours. I'm thinking 2 more days at 1mg (.5mg twice per day) and I'm going to drop to .85 (or pretty damn close). Have my 11 year old daughter this weekend so nice to be as "normal" as possible while he is here.
T-Rock

Postby Dcleanist » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 am

Welcome and congrats for your willful persistence.

You will never be 10 years old again and hopefully never have to wd again. If only you new than what you know now. Your time will come.

I might be younger but have to mention my idle. The doors. Been down so long. Peace.
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby cheeps » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

That it looks like up to me! I've been down doo very damn long....that it looks like up to me....!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby T-Rock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 pm

"and set me free" Such a great song!! I love some Jimmy
T-Rock

Postby T-Rock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:21 am

Hi all,

Good day here. splitting doses was the smartest thing ever. I feel really good that I may try to drop to .85 tomorrow.

Watching a live streaming of the old band Candlebox from my buddies bar - it's so great to enjoy music as much as I am right now. I get good chills listening to these songs! It's just so different now it's hard to explain - its like a found one of my best friends again.

Anyway - everybody have a great Sunday and keep on pushing forward! T
T-Rock

Previous

Return to Sub Sux