2nd time around

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

2nd time around

Postby Harassedtodeath » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey Everyone,

I’ve been lurking this forum occasionally and decided to register. I have been on and off Suboxone and opiates for 5 years. If I wasn’t on subs I was on another opiate.(heroin, etc) A few months ago I managed to quit Suboxone for about a month. When looking back I had finally started to feel better and I decided to get back on subs. I felt like I didn’t have the time to feel like crap. I needed to be sharp again. All those thoughts that creep in.

Well here I am again. I have been maintaining at 1mg for about a month and just cut my dose in half to roughly .5. I am definitely feeling the effects of the dosage reduction however I am trying to stay disciplined. I am very committed to getting of subs. I would like to do it sooner than later. Has anyone jumped from .5 or would you recommend going lower prior to jumping off? I am considering stopping in 3 days. I guess everyone is different but just wanted some opinions? Time to leave behind this burden.

Thanks
Harassedtodeath

Re: 2nd time around

Postby SmottleB » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 am

How long have you been taking subs? People will help. It’s the holidays so everyone might not have a pc at their fingertips. If you can, a little more info can go a long way. 1 mg for a month 1x/day? Method of use? What kind, 8mg strip, 2, pills??
You can do it however u want. I took them too long to just stop. It seems as though you are ready to get off. There are several great success stories here. Check them out. Be patient this is a different animal. Good luck and happy holidays!
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:37 am

Hello & welcome to SS! Yes, you're right, everyone is different. At these low doses a drop from 1 mg to .5 is a 50% drop which is very significant. Most agree that under 1 mg you should only drop by 10%. Of course this depends on many factors that we don't know about you yet.

Please fill us in on some of the info that Smots addressed.

It's possible that a lot of people are doing the Holiday thing now & I expect the boards to be slow. Hopefully someone with more experience at your dose will come along with helpful information.

Just wanted to welcome you here. You've definitely come to the right place for help. You'll get the truth here by people that have come before you on this journey.

Hope you're feeling well today!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 am

Hey there buddy! If at all possible, tell us about your month off too. What were your symptoms of wds mentally and physically.

You are in a really good position to get off...going slower this time might help mitigate the crap feeling.

As cat said....going slow right now will very likely help you stay off.

I would also like to know what your doses and taper have been like the past six months. That's a biggie in deciding what to do.

Glad you registered and hope we can help you!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Harassedtodeath » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Sorry I did make my intro a little vague. Let start from here....I was on subs for about 7 months then I quit for over a month. My dosage during those seven months was around 2 mgs typically 1 mg in the morning and 1 mg in the evening. I did not taper when I stopped. I did the first four to five days at home and the following 6 days in the hospital for mental health reasons. During that month the worst of my symptoms was the severe fatigue and Depression. I also had some insomnia however that really only plagued me the first week after that I began sleeping pretty normal. Overall my cravings for subs was not that high. I also had some serious personal issues that I have been working on getting over. That aspect certainly did not help the depressed state. I would say around the 3 to 4 week Mark I did begin to feel better overall. I just kind of decided to begin to take them again.(I also found 2 8 mg Suboxone pills in my car.) That may have helped in my decision making process.) I feel as though I want to get as far away from the drug use as I can. So I went back on maintenance.

It has now been about 2 months since I have been prescribed subutex. I first started my dosage around 2 mg. 1 mg in the morning and 1 in the evening. I have always been on a low dosage every time I have been on Subs. I initially began skipping the second dose and then cut it out altogether. Today will be the fourth day that I have taken .5 mgs. I feel fatigued, cold chills, back ache/general aches and pains and overal more anxiety than usual. However, it is getting better today.

I appreciate everyone’s responses. I definitely want to get off subs and I am pretty committed. I also want to do it right and have a good plan in place. I realize the importance of this!
Harassedtodeath

Postby Harassedtodeath » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:48 pm

I ended up taking a second piece this evening. Making a total of around 1 mg.

It’s funny, I have my family putting spy software on my cell phone and they are doing things to mess with my head because I am on subs. I get it. They want me to stop taking subs but it is kinda wrong. They literally had people at my job make fun of me and say certain things to me to mess with my head. So that is a personal issue I have and am trying to deal with at the moment. I’ve actually been dealing with it for almost a year.
Harassedtodeath

Postby nomojo3479 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 am

Hang in there, u will feel better eventually
nomojo3479

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 am

How old are you?

Which part of your family is giving you a hard time. That sounds awful. Are you taking any medication for depression? Do you live by yourself or with the fams?

I'm guessing you've had trust issues with your family?

Just stay at a mg until you get thru the holidays and can stabilize.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Harassedtodeath » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:22 pm

It’s my whole family and many others doing this. It does suck.

I’m 31 years old and live with my girlfriend.

I actually decided to give this a try starting today on 12/25/17. So my last piece of sub was last night around 8 pm. I don’t really feel bad at all yet. I think last time I jumped it took about two days to start feeling any major withdrawal symptoms.

I’ll keep you guys posted as I progress through this. Subs suck.

Dan
Harassedtodeath

Postby Harassedtodeath » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:56 pm

Oh and yes I have a prescription for anti depressants. I feel as though subs have an anti depressant effect so that may be reason for the depression after jumping as well.
Harassedtodeath

Postby cheeps » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 pm

Dan...It does take a few days for sub wds....the half life is so long. Is your girlfriend supportive?

Drink a shit ton of water if you are going to do this....so important to get the toxins out. I know you want off badly and I think you CAN do this....I just wish you could have had a little more patience and gotten lower.

But....commitment is key....and I think you've got that in spades. Keep posting.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Harassedtodeath » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am

Yes my girlfriend is supportive. I definitely remember how long it took last time. It was difficult. At least this time I know what to expect. I also jumped at a much lower dose than last time.

I’m on day two right now with very minimal symptoms. I’ll post as I progress through this. We will see what happens.

Dan
Harassedtodeath

Postby Harassedtodeath » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:48 pm

As the day progressed I slowly began to feel a little worse. I’m noticing the aches and pains and starting to feel lethargic. I have Imodium, some Kratom and am prescribed gabapentin. I don’t really think the kratom I have does to much to help or does anything at all but I guess anything could help.

I’m about to go into work so that should take my mind off things.
Harassedtodeath

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 am

Harassedtodeath wrote:As the day progressed I slowly began to feel a little worse. I’m noticing the aches and pains and starting to feel lethargic. I have Imodium, some Kratom and am prescribed gabapentin. I don’t really think the kratom I have does to much to help or does anything at all but I guess anything could help.

I’m about to go into work so that should take my mind off things.

Be gentle with yourself and keep telling yourself it's just temporary, it's not the real you. You can triple the Imodium dose safely for a few days but drink water and take a plain stool softener when you eat. Stay as busy as you can, use the Motrin after you eat....don't let an empty stomach happen with that or you'll have serious heartburn.

In your case...you may bump dose...it's sorta like doing induction on a very small scale. Cut some eyelash sized pieces and take one very 12 hours for the next three days. BUT...no more than that...it might help, it might not....I guess you could say it's like a minor spike....but it's more a rescue dose but it's only for a few days...if at all.

Hang in there and come post when you need to.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

We're here for you Dan. I've heard a lot of good things regarding the Gabapentin. If the WD's get too difficult, try one & see if it helps.

Cheeps sure has some good suggestions there. Those little rescue doses may be a great way to go.

Wishing you the best! Let us know how you're doing.
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 am

Hey Dan how are you doing today? We're here for you if you need direction. Mental dumps are welcome/ encouraged. Sometimes it helps to just talk it out.
Best,
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi Dan. Really hoping you're getting on okay today. Jumping at .5 is a difficult task for sure. Just remember, you'll get no judgement here if things aren't going as planned. We're only here to help if we can.

The Holidays can be hard, with or without a sub jump. Take good care of yourself!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Return to Sub Sux