Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:00 am

Hey Cat. I'm just gonna offer my 2 cents. I think that perhaps your husband is feeling a little threatened. For a long time you've both been taking Opys/Subs. Now you're working on stopping yours. He may be feeling like you're sort of leaving him behind. You're basically making this huge huge change, you're working hard at it on a daily basis. This throws off the balance in your family system. A family system is like a mobile (the kind you hang from the ceiling). It has a balance. If you take a piece out, change it and put it back, it won't balance anymore. The other pieces need to be adjusted. You are changing. Your husband needs to adjust to the new Opy/Sub free you. As we all know change is hard for most people. But from what i can tell you guys love each other, and I think he will figure it all out. In the meantime, you just do you. Once you're sub free you can address his shit.

I could of course be completely off base here.Maybe he just had a hemorrhoid. :mrgreen: Like I said 2 cents.

I know one thing for sure. You are in a sub taper every day and every day you are winning. Its all going to be worth it in the end. When you and hubs are enjoying your golden years, you will be able to look back and say, "I didn't let anything stop me." Thats going to be such an awesome feeling.

Love

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:30 am

Dearest Anna, you're right on! We've got 32 years of adjusting to changes in life & our marriage & we still stand! I'm doing the best I can. I just have to be a bit selfish here. I do think he's beginning to see what's going on here with me. I have an end game in sight. Him, not so much. He could be lashing out because of this.

I'm trying to keep my emotions in check where he is concerned. This can only help. I really do believe it will all be okay.

I think I'm FINALLY adjusting to 2.25. It's been rough. I just don't have the WD experiences that many have. This is all new to me & I truly believe it makes it much harder on me. And so it goes. I'll just have to deal with it. Things are happening to me physically that I've never ever felt before so I'm just extra sensitive. This isn't good Anna.

Oh well, I'll make & so will you. Thanks for your words of wisdom & I hope you're doing really well today!
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:43 am

Miss kitty....is it your guts again?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:12 am

No, I'm eating fine & the stool softeners are a God send! :thumbup: (Thanks for that). Last night I had heat radiating out of the core of my entire body. Much worse than menopause hot flashes. But it did pass. I also have light electrical shocks running down my legs, sometimes even my whole body. What's up with that? Still have the upper back ache.

I know these are sub tapering WD symptoms. My right hand/arm began to shake last night too. And this is hitting me smack dab in the middle of year end.

It's just that these things are all so new to me. I know it's going to pass. Mentally, still good. The Seroquel I've been on for 10+ years is really helping on that front IMO.

I have to believe that I am here for a reason. Some good must come of all this. Me free of opys & subs.
CatsMeow

Postby jayro » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm

If you are down-tapering, why the need for the stool softeners? Sorry if I missed the backstory.
Also, as you are tapering, have you reached that spot where you are noticing dosed based rewards?
When I quit subs I wonder had I not just jumped at that very point, rather than protracting the inevitable would I have saved myself some time and grief..
Addicted from 1875 - 2014
Kicked Jan, 1 2014
75 years on Laudanum
25 years on Dr. Thomas' Magical Pain Elixer ™
25 years on Goofenthol ®
12 years on Fun Pills
2 years on Subs

Book me into a goofy clinic. NOW!
jayro

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:03 pm

Hey there jay man. I just read your Threads. I'm currently adjusting to 2.25 mg's. I'm 59 years old & this taper has been a long slow process. I've read that as you get lower, the subs start to act like a SAO, which for me brings constipation (I was really hoping this wouldn't happen). It was always the worst symptom for me on the opy's (while taking them after a botched hysterectomy & then another surgery to try to repair) for pain management. So I'm very sensitive to it.

No, no dose based rewards yet. In fact, I get just the opposite many times. In the AM I get blurry eyes. In the PM I just feel like shit.

There's no way I'm jumping until around .06 or .03, somewhere in that area. Read too many horror stories jumping from higher doses. I'm sticking to the tried & true low & slow method. I am the turtle of all turtles. (Where is that turtle emoji?) :cheers:
CatsMeow

Postby SubJumpa » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:22 am

Cat just popping into say thanks for all the support here on Ss!! Your doing great and this place is lucky to have u!! Hope you have a great day!!

Best, Tim
SubJumpa

Postby cheeps » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:53 am

MEOW.....so glad you are have a face for you!! While you are highly in tune with the physical crap....don't ignore shit that really is out of the ordinary. Getting lower, coming out of the fog, unblocking physical issues is normal...but you carry a high amount of stress. If you believe you have any heart issues, check them out. Didn't you tell me you'd had recent tests to rule out some things? :smart: :shrug:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks for that Tim! I'm so glad you're still here and doing well.

Cheeps - Once while tapering early on I got that elephant sitting on the chest thingy. It freaked me out, but just was one of the myriad of side effects I was/will experience. I had a stress test done on the treadmill & everything was fine. I'm overly sensitive to heart things because my Dad passed at 60 with a massive heart attack. So young.

I'm definitely trying to address my stress levels. Honestly today I feel like shit & don't really care about all that stuff. My mind & body is consumed with this sub taper. I just have to remind myself that this will end. It will all be behind me one day.
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:03 pm

Cat my love. I'm sorry you're feeling crappy today. But as we both know, this too shall pass. Know that I think of you every single day, we are connected. I find myself in awe of you sometimes. You're so productive while dealing with so much stuff. Its very impressive. I have trouble just taking a fucking shower. You know that I love you and I'm here for you. Always!!

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:23 pm

I'm okay Anna. I've put myself on a steady stream of Calm Support & along with adjusting to my last drop I'm doing better now. As you say...this too shall pass & it did my friend.

Sweetie, you're on a much lower dose than me. If you were in my shoes, you would be doing exactly what I'm doing. What it takes! I'm so glad that we are here together. I don't know what I would do without you at this time in my life.

I remember when I first posted & said that I was your age, I got the feeling that it was time for me to come into your life. Little did I know what YOU being in MY life would do for me.

Love you always too!
XOXO
Kitty Cat
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:24 pm

Quick update. Still adjusting to 2.25. This is going to be a very long & slow process for me. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.
CatsMeow

Postby Martin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:52 pm

You're killin it Kitten Kat! Way to go. Yes, Rome
wasn't built in a day and neither was this affliction
we all suffer from. It takes a long time to undo
the past. For all that Mother Opium
lends us, we pay back an enormous debt.
Sorry you are having such a rotten
time of it! I hope you catch a break soon,
or that mythical sweet spot everyone
talks about.
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm

You're right Martin, we are paying back a serious debt. And that takes time. Thankfully I'm feeling much better today. Maybe I'm finally adjusted to 2.25. This was a difficult drop. I don't know about that "sweet spot". I don't think that I will EVER feel well on subs. When I started at 16 mg I felt okay for about 2 weeks & that was it. I started dropping right away and have never felt good or right on any dose.

I've got to take a small break from tapering. This last one was a doosy. I'm anxious to get to 2 mg's that's for sure, but not at the expense of my well being.

You sound so much better. That drop from 3 to 2 was huge so discomfort was to be expected. You're a braver soul than I my friend! Just glad you're doing well now and thanks for your support! It really means a lot to me.
CatsMeow

Postby Subverted DietDoc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:10 pm

There may not be full-blown, guaranteed sweet spots but I swear that at some point you will write about how surprised you are that you feel better at a lower dose than you did at a higher dose. I can can only speculate and theorize why this may be but who cares, everybody that has tapered to low doses has written about it. For you it may be 1.5 or .75mg...or you could hit 2mg and something happens in the right part of your brain and you get a few weeks of feeling much better, then worse, then better, then worse...But it's prevalent in just about every thread you read. I know it's in mine somewhere.

We're all so aware of how we feel yet it's impossible to ignore...because it's real. I think we humans may at times amplify pain via anxiety and other cognitive distortions but we ain't making it all up out of nothing that's for sure. Crossing back over this bridge we've crossed demands a high toll. But you're doing it, everyday.
I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One wolf is a vengeful, angry one. The other wolf is a loving, compassionate one. Which wolf will win the fight in my heart? The one I feed.

Buprenorphine: 10 years @ 16 mg/d ave. - Jumped Off February 5, 2018 @ 0.09mg
Subverted DietDoc

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Hey Cat. I just typed a shitload on my thread. Not about the taper, but I went on a bit of a ramble so I'm reaching my typing threshold quite soon. I just wanted to say I hope you're feeling better. I know this is difficult for you, but I also know that you are handling it. This will take as long as it will take. There's no getting around that fact. I too feel impatient. i want it done!!! But I have to be very careful and go as slow as necessary to maintain some semblance of normalcy. I honestly believe that the discomfort you're feeling now will abate when you get to the lower doses. Its been my experience and Ive read it on a bunch of threads. Like a broken record I will say, just listen to your body. If you need to take a break from tapering, then take a break. Just remember I am thinking about you, every day. I wish there was something I could do or say to make your journey a little easier. As Cheeps says, be gentle with yourself.

Big love my friend, :kiss:

Anna
Annalo57

Postby Sub4Sevenyrs » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 am

Cat, take a break and don't sweat it. Stay at 2.25 for a few weeks and re-evaluate. Nobody goes on 1 continuous taper, it will fry all your nerves. If I remember correctly, it took me like a year to go from 4mg-2mg. You've went from 16mg-2.25mg in 10 months, give your body maybe even a month to catch up on the healing/acclimating from all the previous drops. Just keep the overall goal the same, path to zero.
Sub4Sevenyrs

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:08 am

Doc, I hope you're right. I'm looking for that time when I feel better on a lower dose than the higher ones. I went from 16 to 5 really quickly. No problems while doing that either. But at 5 it changed & I started dropping by only .25 at a time. There have been problems ever since. I need to research this phenomena of when a sweet spot may be found. I hope it's soon. :)

Anna, I'm with you. I will drop slowly to maintain that semblance of normalcy. With a job hanging over my head I just must. I know you're here with me every step of the way & I'm so thankful for you. Keep up the 10% drops. It's your path to victory! That place in CA sounds wonderful! Hope you get to go. :thumbup:

Thanks for the words of wisdom S4S! I may be the first to take that ride on 1 continuous taper. As slow as I've tapered, it just may be feasible for me. Just as I'm finally getting adjusted to 2.25 mg's I'm feeling those symptoms that I'm over medicated. Which means I must drop again. I may do the Meow method again so it will be slow. Blurry eyes after AM dose & shitty feeling after PM dose. :crazy: These are my triggers to drop.

I'm overwhelmed by all of your support! Y'all are the best. :kiss:

BTW, I'm a Texas girl born & raised. Just wanted everyone to know. :D
CatsMeow

Postby Dcleanist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:52 am

Yay cat

The more pain you get used to the more satisfied you will become. Right. I understand your sensitive but still think you're over thinking it. Your day will come. It's inevitable. A penny a day and you will afford enough slaves to build rome in no time. Lol peace.
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:12 am

Hey DC. How does one get used to pain? I know what I've signed up for here, and I know it's going to be painful. I do believe that this experience will change me. But will it change me for the better, or the worse? It's hard not to over think this shitty road I find myself on.

I like your analogy of "a penny a day". It makes it sound rather easy. Of course we all know that it's not easy, but if we take it 1 day at a time, we can rebuild our lives opy/sub free. And that's what this whole thing is all about.

Hope you're feeling peaceful today.
CatsMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux