Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby cheeps » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 pm

I think 2.0 will be even better kitty girl. Have no fear.....you'll be fine between here and 1.5.

Happy happy Xmas weekend....I have to work the whole weekend but will be around.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 pm

I know you're right Cheeps. 2.0 sounds so good to my ears. And still being good at 1.5 sounds incredible. If I can accomplish this I will be so happy.

Happy Holidays to you too my dear. I believe that you get good feelings from the work that you do, so I won't worry that you must work this Holiday weekend.

Are you getting excited for your son's upcoming wedding? I hope you are feeling well & that the wedding is beautiful!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:27 am

I'm looking forward to it all but the weather is going to suck. I just hope I can get out of there before it snows and gets the roads messed up.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

Hope you're having lots of fun cheeps! Stay warm my friend.

Well, I began my descent to 2.5 mg's yesterday. By the end of the day I was feeling all of my usual taper symptoms. I think I finally understand what Eyedotz says about tapering. You get used to feeling shitty & you just keep pushing forward. I took some motrin & felt better by the end of the night.

Dosed this AM & still don't feel right. But I must keep pushing because I have things to get done today. So, downward & upward I go...
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Dcleanist » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm

Congrats cm

Sub has a 36 hour half life so it's tricky keaping up with the cycles. But the truth is the less you focus on it the better. Placebo effect. Was that really a Motrin or a super duper pain reliever. Lol. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. Ok knock that kid out and enjoy the beach. You have to love us commercials. It's annoying but not dangerous. It gets better. Your day/s will come if you work for it. At your own pace. Peace
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:25 pm

One thing that helps me is that I make up my weekly doses every Sunday. That way I dose exactly as planned with no having to think about it at all. I'm guessing that this helps. No spiking or missing doses or anything. Just make the plan in my journal & stick with it.

I agree, everyone must go at their own pace. I'm doing my best to listen to my body & act accordingly. So far, so good. I'm going to be really excited to get down to 2 mg's. I hear that's a sweet spot. I really hope so because I think I'll take a little break from tapering for a couple of weeks. I'm heading into year end at work & I need to be on my game. :gaah:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Dcleanist » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Dam that was fast cm

Just wanted to say hitting and keaping Freddy the kid down was a metaphor. No kids/animals where hurt in the process.

I would say Rome wasn't built in a day but we all know the aliens built it while the Italians drank coffee and complained. Lol. Peace
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby Annalo57 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello my dear Cat. I'm sorry I have been absent from your thread for a while. Ive been absent from all threads for a while. Then I look at how many threads you post on and quite frankly you put me to shame. Part of it is I'm a lousy typist and it takes a while to get through reading and commenting. My eyes are fuzzy and also, I'll get a couple of things posted and then my brain just says, "stop with the reading and typing Anna!" Then I lose focus.

I'm so happy that you are down to 2.5mg. I remember when you first got here, you were so unsure and afraid. You are not unsure and afraid now. You are taking the bull by the horns and saying "fuck off bull!" I went through the same process. I was afraid, now I'm not. I'm mostly impatient, and i want this done. But patience is a must to do this. If I try to rush things, I could really screw myself up. I'm happy to report that yesterday I dropped from .5 to .46mg. Now that I'm below .5 I think it wise to make slightly smaller drops. Don't want to drop more than 10% at a time, preferably a bit less. I think we are both learning that this is not fun, it is long and a trial, but it is manageable. As long as its manageable, you will manage. You recognize the messages your body is sending and you act accordingly.

I have to thank you so much for your generous nature. You have given so much to this forum and to me. I think you are quite wonderful.

Happy New Year my friend. 2018 is going to be the year that we jump. How freaking amazing is that?? We are going to be ok. We are a couple of older ladies, doing the taper and we are succeeding.

To all the other SS folks, lurkers and active members alike, that visit Cat's thread(and mine from time to time), I send you all my love and appreciation. If you're lurker, stop lurking and get involved as soon as you feel even a hint of courage. You cannot go wrong in this place.

Have a wonderful day CatsMeow, and remember I'm thinking of you.
Downwards and upwards! ;)

Love
Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:07 pm

So good to hear from you my Anna Banana! Never apologize for not being able to focus & post girl. You had a huge job at both Thanksgiving & Christmas taking care of your family & tapering subs at low levels the whole time! You're my hero. I was able to just have days off from work for both Holidays without family drama. Although I missed my family, this was best for me this year. But next year I'm going to really do it right with my family.

2018 is our year Anna. We're both going to stop sucking subs & be ourselves again. Although it's difficult now, the end result is going to be a real celebration. You're right, when I first arrived here at SS I was afraid. Very afraid & didn't know how to go about getting off this stuff. But now, I feel empowered. I no longer fear things. Sure, it's not very pleasant, but we both will make it.

Congratulations on your drop to .46! I'm so happy & proud for you. I hope this drop goes well, along with all the other drops to come. I agree, patience is key & it's hard. But if I drop too fast, it's just not good. This drug has forced me to learn patience. I know we will both continue to have that patience that brings us success.

Happy early New Year to you & yours my dear! 2018 is the year that we will both be free. It's going to be a great year!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:46 am

I want to re-post this comment from Subverted DietDoc on my Thread. It's amazing & chock full of some of the best information I've seen in one place.

Words of Wisdom From Subverted DietDoc:

When your body is detoxing and has gained some ground, like in your case for sure whereby your brain is contending with and metabolizing much less of one of the most potent chemicals we’ve ever synthesized, that extra energy will be diverted to start doing other repairs and physiological house cleaning. The upper respiratory illness you just went though was particulate matter being expelled and weakened cilia getting a boost of energy to kick out some more toxins. People try to ‘cure’ or ‘treat’ a cold when the cold IS the cure...the cold IS the treatment...the fever IS the surgery....well, you get it. This is called: The Law of Vital Economy

The take away here is best illustrated when people quit smoking cigarettes (long term smokers). Months after they stop they get sick, sometimes real sick. I’ve seen people blow out blood vessels in their eyes, vomit bile and all kinds of crazy symptoms, and their labs don’t make sense for a while. They’re doing some major house cleaning. All the energy the body has to use to deal with the 2000 chemicals in cigarettes is now free to be used for other homeostatic imbalances. It take a lot of vital energy to process buperenorphine and get off of it. Everyone thinks getting off opiates cause an increase of mucous...again, it’s the opposite, the whole time your on sub/opis your body wants to create mucous to expel particulates and other respiratory toxins (the largest organ system for toxic elimination in the human body by the way). Usually it’s just a short cough here and there and maybe some lung cheese comes out. So it’s less noticeable. But when all the sudden you’ve finally freed up a ton of vital energy you’re gonna get symptoms...and as much as they suck embrace them...for everyone of the 3 trillions cells in your body, each with more intellectual power than a Cray Super Computer, is 100% devoted to your well being and survival. So that respiratory illness you just went through could have easily become small cell carcinoma (a very bad actor) if all the crap you just expelled never got the energy it needed to make an exit. Here’s the basic formula for chronic disease (cancer, lymphoma, hear disease, most organ diseases, most autoimmune diseases, etc): IRRITATION = CHRONIC IRRATATION = INFLAMATION = CHRONIC INFLAMATION = DYSPLASIA = METAPLASIA = CHRONIC ILLNESS

Anyway, I did a 2 year residency at one of the only hospitals that treated lifestyle born illnesses. Comorbitities of obesity (hypertension, diabetes etc X 100) smoking cessation, autoimmune diseases....etc. we’d place everyone on a health promoting diet and basically 100% of patients would get much sicker than they were when we admitted them. My lead clinician during rounds would ask each patient how they were feeling today, and the worse they felt, the more symptoms they had, the worse their labs, and the sicker they were, the happier he was! They’d say, “I feel 10 times worse” and his response every time: EXCELLENT! We got 99% of all Type II diabetics off insulin and all oral medication. We got about 75% of all patients off all medication. It’s becasue the amount of energy it take to process a bad diet is 100s of times more than a clean diet. It’s exacly why you got sick...I mean well...when you got more vital energy. This is also the precise mechanism of PAWS.

By the way...just so you don’t think this is some Shaman Vood-Doo quackery we published many articles in peer reviewed journals, legislated and changed laws and health care policy and had drugs removed from the USP. We also changed the food pyramid.

Anyway...you’re sick because you’re well-er.

The ultimate test of how healthy you are: go 72 hours without any food...drink a couple liters of pure water each day. If you don’t have any symptoms (including hunger which is NEVER felt in the stomach, hunger in the stomach is addiction not true hunger, true hunger is only felt in the mouth and throat...I published a peer-reviewed study in this where n=650 and p<.05 for you science geeks).

Knowing pathology, having seen just about everything terrrible disease there is at some point, and knowing true health care and having such major problems myself has caused me to be 1000 times better doctor than I ever would have been. It cured my Asburgers and took someone with a shit load of IQ and like zero EQ and made me human.

I should like...you know...go back to work some time and you know like...cure people and stuff. For now I’ll stay in bed feeling sorry for myself and hating myself for forming addictions. I don’t want to be human anymore, it’s too hard.

Lastly, and I swear this is the last thing, I believe with all my scientific heart, that a long slow taper (and by long I mean a year or more) even if you do a bit of dose see-sawing (who me, never!) you will have markedly reduced PAWS. It’s still a hypothesis but I have tapered off Fentanyl, Oxycontin etc etc many times and had PAWS in direct proportion to the length of the taper. I believe the same applies to bupe. Some will disagree with me but many people who’ve done > 1 year tapers report comparatively less PAWS than someone who tapers a few months, not at all, or tapered but still jumped off a high dose (my best guesstimate is .25 mg is a threshold dose). If I’m right, and I’m always right, about everything, all the time, period, this is really good news for you Mr. .01 mg. Do you think I might still have a touch of Asburger’s?
________________________________________________________________________________

This is some amazing information. After all, we all want to reduce Acute & Post Acute symptoms.

Happy New Year everyone!
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:58 pm

Annalo57 wrote:Hello my dear Cat. I'm sorry I have been absent from your thread for a while. Ive been absent from all threads for a while. Then I look at how many threads you post on and quite frankly you put me to shame. Part of it is I'm a lousy typist and it takes a while to get through reading and commenting. My eyes are fuzzy and also, I'll get a couple of things posted and then my brain just says, "stop with the reading and typing Anna!" Then I lose focus.

I'm so happy that you are down to 2.5mg. I remember when you first got here, you were so unsure and afraid. You are not unsure and afraid now. You are taking the bull by the horns and saying "fuck off bull!" I went through the same process. I was afraid, now I'm not. I'm mostly impatient, and i want this done. But patience is a must to do this. If I try to rush things, I could really screw myself up. I'm happy to report that yesterday I dropped from .5 to .46mg. Now that I'm below .5 I think it wise to make slightly smaller drops. Don't want to drop more than 10% at a time, preferably a bit less. I think we are both learning that this is not fun, it is long and a trial, but it is manageable. As long as its manageable, you will manage. You recognize the messages your body is sending and you act accordingly.

I I have to thank you so much for your generous nature. You have given so much to this forum and to me. I think you are quite wonderful.

Happy New Year my friend. 2018 is going to be the year that we jump. How freaking amazing is that?? We are going to be ok. We are a couple of older ladies, doing the taper and we are succeeding.

To all the other SS folks, lurkers and active members alike, that visit Cat's thread(and mine from time to time), I send you all my love and appreciation. If you're lurker, stop lurking and get involved as soon as you feel even a hint of courage. You cannot go wrong in this place.

Have a wonderful day CatsMeow, and remember I'm thinking of you.
Downwards and upwards! ;)

Love

I totally agree....but anna...all of you are wonderful....everyone has their abilities and never feel like you don't DO ENOUGH. You are in the small small numbers and you should be proud you are posting at all! :nono: 8-)
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Annalo57 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:28 pm

Cheeps, DietDoc, Kitty Cat....... I think you're all so special!!! And Cheeps, today I can honestly say that I think I'm holding steady on the road to redemption. ;)

AnnaB
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am

Great news Anna. Thanks for always stopping by my thread with words of wisdom. I know your eyes are wonky so I appreciate your effort more than you will know.

Hope you're feeling well today! I'm hanging in there at 2.5. Getting ready to drop to 2.25. I'm getting there, but this is a slow process! Of course, I'm preaching to the choir! :)
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Hey there Cat. I'm very happy you're going to drop again. I remember when i started this taper process, I thought, "my God it's going to take so long!!" But then I think of all the years I've wasted on opies and subs, and i realize that I am getting there in pretty good time. As an addict patience is not in my nature, but I'm learning it. For so long I didn't think that there was a way to get off this shit. Now I'm at least half way there. This 60 year old baby will be reborn in the next few months and you won't be far behind. Do we get a shower?? :puppy-dog:

So when exactly are you going to drop?? I hope it goes smoothly for you. I will be checking in on your progress as always.

Happy New Year girl!!!! I'm thinking of you. We really need a "heart" smily. :boobshake:

Much love

Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:59 pm

I would love to throw you a big 'ole shower when you're finally free! You certainly deserve it! :cheers2: I was thinking of dropping again this Sunday, but I'm not so sure. I may need a few more days on 2.5. Been having lots of side effects still so maybe I should wait just a bit. :think:

After all, this is not a race. It's a process. I don't like to suffer (who does?) so maybe just a bit slower on this drop. I would love for this to go faster, but it just is what it is. Real profound of me today. Not... :lolno:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Mare » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Hey Cat, happy you are getting there. As Anna said, it feels like it is such a long process going into it, but relative to how long we've been in this mess it's nothing. We'll get there, slowly but surely! I'll be here with ya all the way.

Mare
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 am

Very wise words Mare. This time last year I couldn't even imagine how to get off the opy's. Or how much surgical pain there would be left if I did. At least I have a solid plan to be sub free in 2018. Then we'll have to see about the pain. I'm banking on motrin covering it 100%. I have to believe that.

Congrats on your new eating regimen! I think this is really going to help you in so many ways. You're amazing when you make up your mind. I'm a bit jealous. :mrgreen:

Good luck on your next drop to 1.5. I hope it's an easy one for you, just as I hope my drop to 2.25 is uneventful as well.

Downward & Upward we go. ;)
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Update. I looked at my journal & Sunday will only be day 7 on 2.5. I'm still having some problems so I'm definitely staying here for at least 10 to 14 total days at 2.5. I'm even having to take Calm Support to feel relatively decent. I see no reason to rush things. If I'm not totally adjusted, I'm not dropping until I am. :cry:

Rats, I was so hoping to taper again when I cut my doses for next week. Oh well. It's not the end of the world. :banghead:

Besides, I'm thick in the middle of year end at my job so I must be able to perform at a high level. Oh boy, sub taper & year end. :gaah:
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Year-end is a dirty word Cat! It's one reason why I don't celebrate New Years Eve! It means that humorless CPA's :zzz: in bad suits will be showing up any day to perform the dreaded year-end audit. I'm in it with ya! :suicide:
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Hahaha, that's funny. I have to celebrate New Years Eve because it's also my Anniversary! 32 years this year. Wow, just wow.

I've been in this business since 1981, so it's kind of like second nature to me. But this year will be different with a slow sub taper. I will survive!!!
Opy Free 4/14/2017
CatsMeow

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux