Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby Dcleanist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:40 am

Congrats cat
Last edited by Dcleanist on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Hahaha, got it DC. You're right. When I get that back ache I just chalk it up to tapering & adjusting. I don't even label it "pain" anymore. It just is what it is. Maybe I am doing a pretty good job training my brain. I used to whine & moan about that back ache. Now I just say to the hubs, "well here it is" going to take some motrin.

Yes, WD won't kill me. I'm comfortable with that now. Took some time, but I'm pretty good with that one.

Hey wait, I thought dmbass left the building! But he's still here to razz me when the proverbial shit hits the fan? Okay, I'll take it my love.
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Dcleanist » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:19 pm

Cograts again

Peace
Last edited by Dcleanist on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby CatsMeow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am

I'm back to the Meow Method of tapering. The lower I go, the harder it is to adjust. So here's what I will do (I am stable at 2.25 now):

This week, 2.25 mg's for 5 days, - 2.00 mg's for 2 days.
2nd week, 2.25 mg's for 4 days - 2.00 mg's for 3 days.
3rd week, 2.25 mg's for 3 days - 2.00 mg's for 4 days.
4th week, 2.00 mg's for all 7 days

This is much slower than I was tapering, but I feel the need to slow down. I know that not everyone can handle this type of regimen, but it's aces in my book. Low & slow.

Of course, I cut my doses every Sunday afternoon for the week. That's how I am so precise with this method. It will push my jump date by months, but what's a few months in the scope of a low & slow sub taper?
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:11 am

Cat, a few months is the equivalent of pennies as far as this taper business goes. I am on a low low dose, but I still have months to go. I don't even know how many. I don't care. Its gonna take as long as its gonna take. It can't be longer than the 13 years I spent, miserable, on this miserable shit.

So whatever you need to do to get where you want to go, it is beyond cool. Only you can know what is going to work for you. There is precious info on this forum, and you have read more than most. You have all the relevant information. You are making good choices. Thats a pretty good recipe. The daily shit is irritating, annoying, depressing, and frustrating. But we are dealing. When I read on Eyedotz' (I think) thread that you get used to the shitty, I thought, there's no way I'm gonna get used to this. But I did, and time passes, and I woke up one day on .34mg. One day I'll wake up on .00mg. As will you. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Watch this all the way through and tell me you're not smiling.

Banana :)
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Anna, thanks for validating my new taper timing. It was Eyedotz that said to embrace the shitty. When I first read that it scared me badly. But I now an beginning to understand. As things come up, I know what to do & most of it involves plain old motrin.

I just received news that my best friend from high school's daughter is getting married 8/4/2018. My friend lost her Dad & her 22 year old brother to cancer when we were in high school. Isn't that horrible? Now that her Mom is gone too, I feel like I'm her only family. I want to attend that wedding and be able to feel good (or bearable). So I've got 5 months to keep tapering, but then I want to suspend it during July so that I can be the best that I can be. She has a wonderful husband & family, but she's like a sister to me.

So I've decided to slow the taper to .25 with a month to adjust. Like you said regarding the time to taper, it just is what it is. No looking at the calendar except for this very important wedding to me.

I have so many wonderful things to live for and I know that you do too my friend.
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Kitty, any taper can be adjusted as one size does not fit all.....as long as you don't spike, and I know you won't....do it the kitty way.

You'll be dancing at that wedding!

Anna...that video was so good....I love that old stuff and I smiled from the commercial to the end!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:35 am

Thanks for the support cheeps! I want so badly to be dancing at that wedding! I want/need to be there to support my friend. It means so much to me that I'm tweaking my taper in order to feel good for that wedding.

Things happen in life, that's a given. But when they happen during a serious sub taper life gets a little tricky. I guess my plan will be to stabilize about 4 to 6 weeks prior to the wedding & hold. It will be so worth it for me.
CatsMeow

Postby Annalo57 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Cat, you're definitely going to be dancing and feeling good for the wedding. And you'll be on a much lower dose than you are now. I know you will manage the taper properly to allow you to have a good time. You are so in tune with yourself and your taper. I held my taper for the holidays, you'll hold yours for the wedding. No big. We do what we need to do especially when we need to be there for others. I am not worried about you. You're kicking the ass off this taper. Love you girl.

Anna :banana:
Annalo57

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 am

Anna, thanks for your support. It means the world to me. Yes, you held at your low low dose for the Holidays & you got through it and had a wonderful time with the fams. You've proved that we can survive/thrive during important life events & a slow sub taper. I just need to walk in your footsteps to attend & enjoy this upcoming wedding.

Interesting thing happened yesterday. I took 2 mg's for the 1st time & I have to admit, it felt great. I wish I had the balls to just drop to 2 right now & stay. But why rush it? I'm still in year end & struggling to get my work done, so low & slow it is.

Hope you're feeling well today!
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Kitty....just listen to your body...it might surprise you.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Interesting cheeps. I haven't even tried to make a drop of more than .25 since around 5 mg's I believe. And even then, I was using the Meow Method to drop which took me about 4 weeks to accomplish a drop of .25.

I truly wonder what would happen if I just dropped to 2 and stayed there. My concern is that I would have multiple WD symptoms that would render me unable to work. I'm still in year end & will be until April 15th or so. There's only me to do all of this work, so I think that I just can't take that chance.

But I will consider what you're saying. :)
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:41 am

Well, you do have total control over the taper and if you dropped and held for a few days and it sucked really bad...you could go back up.

But it's totally up to you and it really sucks that small changes in dose can produce big changes in what you feel. :evil:

I admire your patience, very much so....you know I preach that constantly....but I'm also not afraid to rattle the cage either. :mrgreen:

April 15 is right around the corner, then you can test yourself. :wired: :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm

Ya know cheeps, I've never gone up one time. Not once! I don't want to set myself up for that now. I want to be the one that starts, begins taper after 3 weeks & tapers to .03 some time in the future and be free of it all.

I believe it was the DietDoc that said he's never seen anyone do that before. I want to be the first. I just knew this shit was bad really quickly. Took me a while but I finally found SS. Thank God for that.

You're probably right. I should try to drop and stay like most people do. We'll see after work lets up on me. I'm struggling to get all the work done & done right. I just need to take it one day at a time. Live for today. Be thankful for what I have today. All that good positive stuff.
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am

Big news folks. I decided to "rattle the cage" as cheeps said. I DID drop to 2 mg's and stay 8 eight days ago. It's going surprisingly well. :D I actually feel better, heck almost normal, than I did at any point since taking sub. I'm over the moon about this. :clap:

As others have said, 2 mg's really does seem to be a "sweet spot". I know that it sure is for me. I can't hardly believe it.

Thanks for the kick in the butt cheeps. You were right and I couldn't be happier. Comes at a great time too. Found out yesterday that my only Nephew is coming for a visit next Wednesday. I should be feeling like my old self. God really is looking out for me!

Couldn't have done it without SS. Blessing to you all my friends. :kiss:
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am

CatsMeow wrote:Big news folks. I decided to "rattle the cage" as cheeps said. I DID drop to 2 mg's and stay 8 eight days ago. It's going surprisingly well. :D I actually feel better, heck almost normal, than I did at any point since taking sub. I'm over the moon about this. :clap:

As others have said, 2 mg's really does seem to be a "sweet spot". I know that it sure is for me. I can't hardly believe it.

Thanks for the kick in the butt cheeps. You were right and I couldn't be happier. Comes at a great time too. Found out yesterday that my only Nephew is coming for a visit next Wednesday. I should be feeling like my old self. God really is looking out for me!

Couldn't have done it without SS. Blessing to you all my friends. :kiss:

That's fantastic and I'm so proud of you....very very proud.... I have for you two videos, one nice and pointed at you....and once that is not sweet at all and pointed at 2mgs!

I know you can appreciate the irony....

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby cheeps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:22 am

Ms kitty....you should feel this way until you get below a mg....so use this time to be productive. I wish I knew why this happens to most peeps :?: :?: :?: :shrug:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Well that is some good news. If I can keep tapering & feel okay from 2 down to 1 that's fantastic. I certainly need the time to keep up with work & home responsibilities. It's been hard. Struggling a bit today, but that's to be expected.

The 2 mg thing is a real head scratcher. This drug is so different for everyone, but this seems to be pretty steady for all at (or around) 2 mg. Crazy drug. I'll take all the good I can get.
CatsMeow

Previous

Return to Sub Sux