Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby CatsMeow » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Here's my background (it can be found in my Thread "Am I Tapering TOO Slow?".

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3496

I was put on 16 mg of Subs on 4/14/2017 for a 2 x per day 8 mg Dilaudid regimen for pain. I started with Vicodin 2 7.5 mg per day after a botched hysterectomy in Feb 2010. Another surgery in Feb 2011 to try to fix it. It didn't work. I believe that I have permanent nerve damage. Next up was Vicoprophen 7.5 mg 2 per day. Then on to Dilaudid. I never took more than prescribed. In fact, I had saved up many extras in case of an emergency so this was strictly for pain relief (which of course it really stopped helping). So 7.5 years on opiates.

I lasted for only 3 weeks on 16 mg & began to taper. It was waaaay too much. I went from 16 to 14 to 12 to 10 to 8 to 6 over a period of months. When I dropped to 5 mg I had some problems so I stayed there until (as Cheeps says) my body reached homeostasis. At this point I began to taper by .25mg. I know this is slow, but I'm 59 years old & this was the best that my body & mind could take.

I tapered in a bit of an unusual way. Week 1 I would reduce 1 day by .25. Week 2 reduce 2 days. Week 3 reduce 3 days. Week 4 I would reduce all the way to 7 days. Then if needed, I would stay there for a couple of weeks.

After going from 5 mg's to 3.5 mg's this way, I decided that this was too slow. I've been on subs for less than a year & I wanted to taper more quickly. I had a really difficult drop from 3.75 to 3.5. Don't know why, but does anyone really understand this drug? :gaah:

I was diagnosed BiPolar II when I was 38 years old & went into early menopause. I take 1 100 mg Seroquel & 2 mg Xanax per day. At this point I upped my Seroquel to 2 100 mg per day. It made all the difference in the world. (Please note that 100 mg of Seroquel is a very low dose). It made such a difference that I quickly dropped from 3.5 to 3 mg's which is where I am holding now.

The subs are no longer messing with my head so badly. I can deal with the slight upper or lower body ache, occasional nausea, blurry eyes, runny nose, a little jelly legs, a bit of electricity down my legs, etc. At least my mind is on solid ground & I'm thrilled!

I'm now dropping .25 mg's every 10 to 14 days with no mental anguish at all. On my previous Thread I had mental dumps more than once so upping my Seroquel dose has been a God send.

I've read so many taper Threads here that I want to document/journal my taper from 3 mg's to 0. There's no doubt that this is where things get tough. I want to follow behind the many that have done low and slow tapers, to the liquid taper at 1 mg to 0.

Wish me luck my friends! :wave:
Pills August 2009 to 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Re: Cat's Taper Thread From 3 mg

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 am

Woke up this morning with a serious pain screaming up & down my back. This is a new one. Usually it's just a little ache up by my shoulder blade, or at the lower bottom. But this one has me unable to move suddenly or at all. Took an aspirin. If it doesn't work I'll take a 400 mg motrin.

Oh well. This is going to be the name of the game. I'm scheduled to drop to 2.75 next Sunday. We'll have to see if my body will agree with that. I won't drop dose until all of these physical aches & pains are completely behind me. I've read others say that if you don't do this, these symptoms will follow you all the way down. I surely don't want that!

Hope everyone is well today.
Cat
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:09 am

Commitment is everything your determination and your resilience will see you through. I can't say enough positive things about your contribution to sub SUCKS.

You are going to kick Subs ass no doubt in my mind none whatsoever and you will do it with your jumpbuddys here at SS.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks for the support my dear Cheeps. :kiss: I'm going to follow the plans of Anna, Eyedotz, Syndy, Cheez, Don Pisto, SubJumpa, SDD & the many others that have done a low & slow taper successfully. Please forgive me for the many more that I can't pull out of my sub fucked brain right now. :gaah:

I took a 400 mg motrin & my back is much better now. I'm going to be so happy to see that "2 mg" in my taper. Hopefully it will come this Sunday down to 2.75. My body & mind will let me know if this is okay. I trust the words of those that have come before me. :clap:

SubSux has been my savior. Finally a place that has the truth. :thumbup:
CatsMeow

Postby Eyedotz » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:43 pm

You're doing great Cat! Having your mind made up is the most important thing you can do for your taper. As you start to sink below the 2mg mark you may find the word 'stabilize' has different meaning. You will never feel great and you will mainly be exhausted throughout...embrace the shitty and please remember that it is only temporary. You will find strength in the daily tapering battle. Just keep turning the crank in the right direction and you will get here. It took me 9 long months to get from 4mg to .03mg but I did it at my pace and had a very easy transition comparing to what it could have been. I will tell you one thing though... after tapering sub and jumping, I have never craved it. I have never craved opiates again...There is something about fighting through the ebbs and flows of a long ass fucking taper that made me NEVER want to do it again. Glad you're here and keep fighting the good fight!

I'm so proud of all of you guys that have made the decision to get off sub. People here have been very receptive to our (the ones that have come before) advice in slowing down tapers to a crawl and jumping off of microgram levels. I believe this is the key to the successes of all the recent SubSux peeps... I'm so grateful to this place. :cheers2:
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby Dcleanist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Hang in there cat

You have no rush. You shouldn't reach the next stage of stack/tolerance for a year and half to 2 years. Slow and easy. No worries about venting. Sometimes just ranting can get you past a sticky spot. Congrats on limiting your pain. Peace
The voice of reason is reasonably late.
Dcleanist

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Cheeps - Thanks so much for the support! It's good to hear the positive. I couldn't be doing it without SS! That other stupid place kept asking me "why are you dropping?". Over & over. Just couldn't get those knuckleheads to
understand. :banghead:

Eyedotz - thanks so much for the words of encouragement & wisdom. I must admit that I'm now a bit afraid of getting below 2 mg. I don't want to be in pain constantly to get to sub = 0. I was hoping to taper & adjust & have a week or so of peace with each drop. Now I'm not so sure. Being exhausted throughout is a very scary thought to me. But I know you're right because you've lived it.

DC - Yes I have been able to limit my pain so far. Just that 1 drop to 3.5 that really messed with me bad. Crazy that from 3.5 to 3.25 to 3 was an absolute breeze. This drug is nutso. :gaah: Hope you're feeling well today!
CatsMeow

Postby Eyedotz » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Do not be afraid. Please do not think of it as 'fear' and consider it a simple 'unknown' instead. You will be just fine if you follow a proper taper. You haven't been on it as long as a lot of us, so you should heal rather quickly. There is nothing about the taper that is scary. There is a lot of "I'M SOO FUCKING TIRED" moments...you will probably forget what it means to feel properly rested. I know it does not sound ideal but you will learn coping strategies as you go. Melatonin is a must have and so are 5 hour energys during the day. Patience with yourself is number one. This whole thing is a process and you will learn it step by step. This site will help you every step of the way! ~Dotz
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks Dotz. I've already tapered from 16 mg to 3 in 8 months. It started getting a bit hard at around 5. That's when I slowed it down to .25 at a time. Sure I have lots of WD symptoms but they're not unbearable. I try to treat each with lots & lots of water, aspirin, motrin, deep breathing exercises, Calm Support, 2 small sips of melatonin at night (been using that stuff for years), & of course my Seroquel that I've been on for 10+ years.

So I feel like I've got some experience under my belt. I know what I'm facing. I am 59 years old though. I believe that will work against me. I also have a very stressful job & we own the company!

I'm particularly concerned with the fatigue aspect. I cherish my sleep. I sleep 8 to 10 hours per night. I'm going to have to dig deep to deal with the lack of sleep to come. :gaah:

I hope I can make it...
CatsMeow

Postby Mare » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey Cat, just dropping in to say hey and send you some love. You're awesome and you can do this! You know what to do and how to proceed: following the path that those who came before us have shown us. I'm right there with you girl. March on!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby SmottleB » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 am

Great job, by the way, getting to where you’re at! Just wanted to add something to this, as it was the case for me. That amount of bupe will mask real injuries(sprains,bruises, slipped disk) all kinds of shit. While you are feeling good, exercise the body to gain core strength. This will be very helpful later. Also, in my case, I believe it is the exercise that has basically healed a real back injury. I can still feel it, but it has not hurt the way it would have before. Prepare wisely. Don’t rush, and use your good time as best you can. Rest if needed, push when you can. You got it!
6 year sub user
Sub free 1/8/2018
SmottleB

Postby CatsMeow » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for the pep talk Mare. You're right on so many levels. I do know what I'm doing. And for the future, I have the great folks here at SS that have been there. All things that lead to success. Thanks for dropping by & lending your support!

Hey Smots. I know that the sub may be masking all sorts of things. I won't know until I get a lower amount of stack. I choose to believe that besides the botched surgical pain I will be a okay. Just trying to hold on to some positive thinking here.

I hear you about getting the exercise going now. I'm going to need it. I'm going to do my best on that one. Very smart to "prepare wisely" now. I'm dropping my dose by .25 every 2 weeks or so & only after all symptoms have subsided from the last drop. I will be dropping to 2.75 on Sunday (tomorrow). I feel great & am ready to go forward. I'm going much faster than I was which I believe was just too slow. You hang in there too! You're doing so great!
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Dropped to 2.75 today! Yesterday morning when I dosed 2mg in the AM I had the blurry eye thing going strong. This is always my symptom that I'm over medicated.

I'm really excited & happy. Just seeing that "2" has brought my spirits higher. I know I have a long way to go, but I choose to celebrate the little things!

Hope everyone is feeling well today! :cheers2:
CatsMeow

Postby SubJumpa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Heh Cat thanks for all your support here at Ss!! Your dedication is inspiring!! Your doing this exactly the way it has been laid out for us- patience and persistence!! Your words each day here mean so much so thanks!
Peace Tim
SubJumpa

Postby CatsMeow » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks Tim. SS means everything to me right now. We're all fighting the same thing & there's strength in numbers. I'm especially happy for you dear. I wish you continued success. You deserve it.

I sure hope you're right Tim. I want to do this once & never again! I also want to suffer as little as possible so that when I'm into the really low doses I won't be too worn out from previous drops. Just seems smart.

So it's downward & upward I go with subs. Crazy crazy drug that no one deserves.
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Alright sassy cat.....! You are def headed in the right direction! Mwah!
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 am

I sure hope you're right Cheeps! Since May 6th I've known nothing but a sub taper. It's consumed my body, my mind, my work, my relationships, etc. etc. etc. :banghead:

I've sped up my taper. Currently going from 3 to 2.75. The side effects come on much faster now. Oh well, they're bearable. Got some new things happening. Stomach cramps & gas are here every night after I take my Seroquel. Need to get to the pharmacy for something OTC to help with that. Thoughts anyone?

Nose is stopped up this morning too. Bearable. It's just that the slower way I was dropping gave me almost no symptoms. I just feel that I need to get off this shit ASAP. No pussy footing around now. Because when I get low, I have to go so much slower. :gaah:

Hope everyone is feeling well today.
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 am

I was going to suggest that but felt you would try it here at some point. Your digestive system is your second brain....so let it adjust normally if you can stand farting...it will subside, just eat blandly for the next few days.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks Cheeps. Crazy drug. I took my Seroquel last night & had no problem at all. I discuss every single dinner with my cook so that I get lean protein & lots of veggies. I treat my gut with the utmost respect. I hope this pays off in the days, weeks & months to come.

I understand how opy's affect it because I always had horrible constipation on the SAO's. It ran my life. That & that alone is one of the reasons I wanted off. I still need pain relief. The subs mostly handle it now, but I do wonder about the lower doses. Hopefully something will help with the pain in the future.

Hope everyone if feeling well today. I know I am. Yea!
CatsMeow

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am

Quick update. I'm doing so well at 2.75 I'm just going to stay there. I'm shaving weeks & then months off of my taper! I think I'm starting to feel more around the level of SAO's that I was taking before subs. I was put on such an unGodly amount at the start. I feel less need to smoke cigs too. Things are looking up my friends.

Happy Holidays to all my buds & hope you're feeling well today!
CatsMeow

Next

Return to Sub Sux