Taper, Take Two

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Re: Taper, Take Two

Postby Martin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm

I had some really bad stomach pain yesterday. I was stuck at work for lunch
and had to eat some garbage food that was available there. Big mistake. It
reminded me of the pain I suffered from in 2015 shortly before I jumped.

This was one of my motivating factors back in 2015 to hastily jump - I suffered from some
really bad stomach pain. The pain was so intense I thought I was going to die. The doctors
couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I never confirmed it, but my intuition told me
it was the sub causing it. I jumped soon after and I never thought about it again until now.
I would choose withdrawals over that kind of pain if I ever had to go through it again.
I got pretty scared yesterday and I started making some hasty plans to dramatically
drop my dosage, or jump if needed to. Luckily the pain has subsided and I feel good
today. I'm never going to stray from my diet again! I should probably take a daily
fiber supplement and/or a laxative - it seem to be the cure for others on the web who
are having this sort of problem. Any advice or similar experiences?

So, yesterday I hastily dropped to 4mg because I was almost scared of taking more sub.
I'm doing pretty good at 4, though I should be taking 5 on my schedule. Should I continue?

Hopefully there will be no more drama on my thread! Take care you all!

BTW - Cat - a 1957 Strat is worth a goldmine! You are so lucky! You should learn how to play it!
Benzo Free June 2015
Sub Free Dec 2015 For about a year
Back on Sub June 2017, 8mg a day
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Martin...stay at four....there's no real difference and your gut will thank you!!!

You have many many receptors in your gut....they are pissed. If you are constipated use plain stool softeners at every meal. I used to take four small ones three times a day. Laxatives aren't good. Try to stick with plain stool softeners.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mare » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:38 pm

The little red softgels! They do really help Martin. Docusate at Walgreens is over the counter. I can't remember if you have a sub doctor or a Dr that knows what's up but they gave me a script with 10 refills really easily. If you can get one, get it!
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby Martin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Cool - I actually have some of those on hand. I might have to ask my sub doctor too......I actually have enough sub to get me all the way through my taper and still have 2 boxes left (which I will burn), so there really isn't any point in me going back to see him except for comfort meds.
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby Mare » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Yay! Well I only take one at night, but just listen to your body. Try one, if it doesn't work out, try 2 the next day. Keep up the good work
Heroin free since Sept 6, 2015
Methadone free since Dec 10, 2015

Currently tapering off Subs
Mare

Postby cheeps » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:49 am

Martin wrote:Cool - I actually have some of those on hand. I might have to ask my sub doctor too......I actually have enough sub to get me all the way through my taper and still have 2 boxes left (which I will burn), so there really isn't any point in me going back to see him except for comfort meds.

Never doubt you can do this Martin...you just need to be strict, commit to the taper and be patient thru the drops.

Getting angry at the predicament helps.

Don't look back...don't do what if's. Get on a course and stay there. You have plenty of stack in your system still. It's a process and now you have a protocol in place. If you were told that you had cancer and you HAD to do meds a certain way....you'd do it. You want to live...no matter what your brain through out there.

You are doing this to be fucking free. :cheers:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Hey Martin. Just checking in. When I felt some of the first serious symptoms of withdrawals (while tapering) I had all kinds of things happen that made me feel like I was sick in some way or another. Tight chest, stomach aches, back aches, electrical shocks up & down my legs, etc. I did go and have an EKG on the treadmill which showed no problem. I've since figured out that I'm not sick, I'm in some withdrawals and all of those things went away when I totally adjusted to my lower dose. I've decided I'm not going to panic anymore and wait & see if it gets better. It always does & I'm saving myself a lot of $ not running to the Dr. every time these things come up. (Now if something doesn't go away or is quite serious then of course I'll go get it checked out!)

I'm also taking Calm Support if I get too uncomfortable. It's a supplement specifically for opiate withdrawals. It really seems to help. I only take it when adjusting to a taper though.

I know its hard sometimes, but you really should get on board with a taper schedule & not deviate by just saying fuck it & dropping more than planned. It's called patience & we all have to find it. It will serve us well down the road. I'm tapering at a snails pace (.25 mg's) & it gets really old some times. But I just stay the course & it's definitely doable. Not really pleasant, but doable. :ogeez:

Hoping you're feeling well today! :shred:
Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 am

Ahhh kitty...Those are such wise words. I never really felt any sickness from all my detoxes, just the normal crap. It's amazing how many of you peeps that have been on sub report all these same issues. It's a Damn shame really.

But IF something was wrong you'd want too know. It freaks me out though....some of us just have some gallstones and never have issue with them until some Dr with a knife and dollar signs in his eyes comes along.

It comes down to diet mostly....go as vegetarian as possible and in a month or two many issues go away completely....along with the possible diabetes. I'm very thankful the younger generation has more encouragement to exercise....it will save them. Diabetes is horrible.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:47 am

I for one, endorse the vegetarian diet! It's working great for me so far. I still eat very very lean meat
but the stomach problems seem to have diminished. Stool softeners are probably helping too.

And it's crazy, but I have more GI problems while on a steady dose of sub than when I was in withdrawals.
It makes one want to make haste sometimes.
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:28 pm

This is a hard time of year to stay focused on diet but try very hard to stay away from any meat. I'm glad you can take a crap though....stool softeners are worth every penny they cost. Some Mutual drug store have them very cheap.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:22 pm

2 days I got fed up and said just said fuck it, I'm not taking any more Bupe.
I haven't had any Bupe for 2 days. I feel ok so far, just spacey, a
tad nauseated. I'm no longer constipated. :)

The tidal wave is coming though.

I don't think I can weather a 3mg jump. But I have done it before.
I want to hold out until day 3. I'm going to hold out
until I just can't tolerate it any more......but I have to be
functional for work on Tuesday.......This is so similar
to my train of the thought the last time I jumped- "Just hold out
one more day" and at the 9 month mark I couldn't take it anymore.

Fuck me. I'm to the point that If I take more sub, I'll feel
shamefully defeated. But If I don't take more, I face hell.

If/when I resume taking Bupe, can I benefit from this? Should
I try to re-induct? (take small amounts every hour until I feel
"not sick"?)
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:30 pm

Martin....ima gonna whip you! Can we say impatient as hell and setting up the same scenario as last time?

Do you want to feel like you did before? There is no shame in tapering!! It is your damn job to taper. Why have you become impatient as hell all of the sudden? What happened?

Talk to me....we need to get you on a path of successful outcome...not the road to Hell and back. :gaah:

Do...do you like skinny switches or a big 2X4?
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 pm

I'll take the 2x4 - because I'm stupid, and I still
like to punish myself over this. :)

It was the holidays and year-end stress. A culmination of
alot of things really. I keep a spreadsheet of my taper schedule.
I was very upset when I looked at it - where I was suppossed to be,
and where I actually was. I had to re-do the whole damn thing for every
day until Memorial Day weekend, and the fucking printer was out
of ink....So I got mad and said screw it, I just won't take
anymore. Stupid and childish I know. I really need to
come to terms with this being my second time around. I'm
having a really hard time forgiving myself for this...this
isn't the first time I have reacted this way. I usually
only last a couple hours before I give in and take my medicine.

I'm feeling pretty shitty right now. I have no intention
of continuing this jump. Though I am
proud of myself for the self control to say no. It's actually good to
experience withdrawals again. It makes me realize there's nothing to fear.
Sub withdrawals aren't horrible - just long, so very long.
I don't want to feel like this for weeks on end, and it will get worse before it gets better. Tapering is in my best interest.

I'm going to try and get some sleep, and then I'm going to
see what dosage will get me feeling normal enough to spend New
Years Eve playing board games with my kids!

Thanks for putting up with my bullshit! Swing away! :deadhorse:
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby Eyedotz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Yeah everyone needs to test themselves sometimes. If I were you, I would definitely start off at a lower dose. I’m pretty sure you can stabilize at 1.5 or 2mg. Try taking .5 and wait a couple hours and see how you feel and take .5 again. You will feel the drop for a couple of weeks but you still may be ahead of the game. Please be patient with yourself... this shit is fucking hard and exhausting but every step of your taper is important physically AND mentally. Jumping at higher doses will definitely prolong paws and the relapse risk is very high. Hang in there man! Here’s to a new year and the resolve to stick to your taper!
Eyedotz Spotify playlist (EDM Detox Mix)
https://open.spotify.com/user/eyedotz/p ... luHItCVAiQ
13 Year Sub survivor - Jumped at .03mg after 9 month taper from 4-6mg.
JUMP DATE MARCH 18th, 2016

Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
Eyedotz

Postby cheeps » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Sometimes that piece of paper is too damning....it has no heart and it can't gage how you FEEL Martin. There is no straight line taper...especially during holidays, sicknesses, and huge life events. Find a tolerable dose and stabilize . It takes time dude. Stop beating yourself.....forgive yourself.

You will get there....you are worthy and you will have unwanted turns on the rollercoaster....it just is what it is.

I'm glad you've backed off....to succeed you must continue me here and vent. I'll beat you....but don't beat yourself up. :kiss:

I'm here, back from my sons wedding...I have lots to do with my outside animals because it is so cold....my house is a mess so pm if you need a whipping....or just ask any of these fine peeps....!!! :cheers: :mrgreen:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby CatsMeow » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Martin. Just checking in to see how you're doing? Were you able to stabilize on a comfortable dose? I sure hope so. I hope you had a nice New Year with the kids.

Here's to good things coming in 2018 for us all.

Cat
Opy Free 4/14/2017
Sub Tapering From 16 mg Since 5/6/2017
CatsMeow

Postby Martin » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Hey Cat!
Well, it's been a long week since I checked in last. The wife has had the flu,
the kids are keeping me crazy, and I have
had alot of hassles due to the cold weather. The internet/phone connection has been
down for almost a week. I have barely had any time to think about myself. Today is the first day I have been
able to regroup and start a new game plan. I'm stable at 3.
I could probably get by on less, but I'm going to wait
until everything calms down just a little more before approaching that 2mg threshold.

But, things are starting to move forward and a feel pretty good! How about you?
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Martin....Stable at three. Fantastic.....still there? Now you need a workable taper...When you threw that print out away I was relieved....

Now is the time to go to NO more than 20% cuts every 10-14 days. When your body reaches a point of homeostasis...then you drop again. Keep the excel sheet in the trash....just write down your dose and time taken every day.

Here's one for you....Al's my car music...the fucker was out of this world in concert....but he was solo so I missed these guys. :evil:

And....he did have a playsheet at his feet....can't remember everything!! :P :P

10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Martin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Yep, still here. Thanks! I'm so proud of you for listening to that kind of music!
I was just having a conversation with a fellow musician about classical guitarist not
having many followers or fans, and that we should make our kids learn Rock-n-Roll so
they can make living! Jeez, next time post someone who plays much slower! :) I'm sitting
here thinking my trem-picking is lightning fast until I watched those guys! wow! :shred:

yeah, I'm doing good at 3. I was going to attempt a drop today, but I ran into some work-related
stress, so I might hold off till the weekend. Maybe tomorrow.

I am going to see my sub doc for the first time in 3 months. I'm a little nervous. The numbers
don't add up and if he looks close enough, he's going to wonder how I've been getting by for
3 months - he'll likely think I relapsed. Truth is I have never taken more than half of what is prescribed.
I have enough meds to taper for a long time but I'd feel better if I had more,
and I want some 2mg strips. He has ways he can punish me - most likely he'll make me go see
the group therapy nazi - she is poison and believes in long term maintenance.
My appointment is Monday. Wish me luck.
Benzo Free June 2015
Tapering @ 3mg a day
Martin

Postby cheeps » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:40 pm

I do wish you luck and hopefully you can get the twos without the nazi. I just have to :ogeez: :ogeez: :ogeez: :ogeez: :ogeez: on that...... :banghead: :banghead:

I love classical...but I'm not educated about it....my mother influenced me. But as a kid, she threw opera at me....except for the men.....I can't take it. I still have that Gilbert and Sullivan tune in my head. I don't know whether to subject any of you to that from YouTube or not....

NOT.

Anyways....AL locked himself in his closet as a teen to learn that stattaco . Not sure if that's the right word....but as much as I love him.... I love paco more...rip paco de Luca.

We do have a "where's the music" thread. Some of the links are shot but all you have to do is hit full editor, click YouTube button, insert address from the YT Address bar, Not the share feature. Make sure you delete the "s" in the https(http)....hit submit and hope there's not a period like this "yout.ube" in that link.

The video should come up. If it doesn't I'll fix it when I Check shit.

Martin...go slow but go....just take off .5 for now.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
Back & Neck surgeries
Oxy free 12/06/14
More surgeries 2016-17
2017 Oxy taper halted
cheeps
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Sub Sux